August 29, 2014 | 1244 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by CreamyGardenia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't realize we had Neutrogena prods here.. I've been wanting to try some things for years but never saw any. I am 51 and really don't have blackheads, but I was looking for something to handle some clogged pores, some of which I've been battling for years. Nothing has worked! I am not kidding, I bought this on a Friday, today is a Tuesday, used it perhaps 4x (alternating with the gentler MicroSomething scrub, which also has Salacylic acid in it) and use Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion (yep, Salacylic acid there, too, though in low amounts) and I swear there is already a 50% improvement in clogged pores! Scrub gently.. be easy on your skin, ladies.. I wish I'd known this earlier in life.. learned it from an aesthetician about 1.5 yrs ago.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by pigletisgay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh gosh.
I wanted this to work so badly!
However, it does nothing to improve my mild acne of clogged pores (blackheads, rough skin tone).Its too light a cleanser I guess. Sounded so promising though.
So bummed. Anyone who has better recs for my skin problems, PM me please :)
I'll update when I'm halfway done with the tube.
Peace!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

I have many blackheads, especially on my nose, and saw no improvement. It was an OK cleanser, kind of sticky consistancy, but is not good for blackhead elimination.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by SakuraMikanx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This thing doesn't really work for me..well at least,ONLY the first time I use it works. After that,I didn't see any changes on my blackhead...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by annikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG! I am so disappointed in this product. I really wanted it to work as I have had terrible blackheads all over my nose for years. But instead of eliminating my blackheads it gave me big, sore cystic acne bumps on my chin, and right before Christmas! :( Thank goodness for concealer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

don't know why, but my skin reacted so badly like never before... normally neurogane products work well but this one was like hell.. will have to be more careful in the future..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

NO no no. This product claims to help remove blackheads and prevent new ones....lies, all lies. It did not remove not even one blackhead, and i ended up with 20 fresh ones. Great. I hate this product so much, it really sucks, and does nothing it claims to do..at least not on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by sns717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a HAVE TO HAVE in my daily routine. I keep it in my shower and use it every morning. I have pretty oily skin and used to get blackheads on my nose. Since using this I have NO more blackheads and it really helps my oily skin. I like to wet my face with warm water, apply the scrub to my face and massage it in for about 30 seconds, then I let it sit for about 3 minutes on my face while I finish showering. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by pleia666

This is an amazing scrub for anyone with clogged pores around their t-zone (mostly for around the nose area, which tends to get oily and clogged easily). Using this product twice daily, once before morning makeup, and once before bed, makes my face feel clean and soft. The scrub leaves my face feeling cleansed but not too dry, so that I can still use moisturizer after and not be oily. The effectiveness of the acne treatment aspect is debatable, because I still break out occasionally. Overall, a great product for those with deeply clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jamziez

It does what it says. I bought this because i had blackheads around my nose area. After about a week my blackheads disappeared. Also, after i used it my face felt fresh and clean. It doesn't dry out my skin either.