April 17, 2014 | 1141 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by cail08

I love the way this leaves my face feeling clean and soft, It definitely has cleared up some of my blackheads, you just have to use it everyday and keep a firm regime going.
I've noticed a difference with the amount of whiteheads I get.. hardly any! it really is exciting for me.. I usually have 2 or 3 at a time... I've had about 1 small one this week. So I highly recommend trying this out for a month if you are having skin troubles.. good exfoliant & cleanser!
c.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm trying to remember where this has been in my stash? I think I am beginning to recover from the PJ tendencies, and am truly interested in sticking something out to see the results. Thus far, I've had a lot of breakthroughs only to end in disappointment. I either end of suffering from severe dryness or breaking out. Enter this scrub! I looked at some pics of myself from last year around Christmas time & I said, "wow, my skin was actually NICE". What was I using? It was this mainly! I've found this thing doesn't do so much for blackheads as it does acne is general for me. I need daily exfoiliation due to the oiliness of my skin. Dead cells pile up quickly! Anywhoo, this does a great job of getting rid of the old & effectively treating the new. As long as this keeps working, I'm sticking with it this time. <<< Update: Had a bad reaction to this the second go round. I believe my skin has become more sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this scrub ! People who are complaining saying this doesn't clear acne . . . well it's not a miracle product but it DOES clear my blackheads, I don't use this all over my face, if I do it is only once a week, instead I use it every night after my normal cleansing and then just on my t-zone and it works a treat ! !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by emma90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried using this product to clear up the blackheads on my forehead, it may have lightened the spots but didnt completely remove them. + i was discouraged to see i was getting a few small pimples from it and even some more blackheads around and on my nose.
verrrry dissapointed, i kinda want my money back

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by pilgr1m

This is a review for the CVS Brand knockoff Daily Blackhead scrub. I haven't tried the Neutrogena brand scrub as I love this one and it's a dollar or so cheaper.

My skin: oily acne prone t-zone and dry cheeks.

I actually like this scrub alot and I use it as my daily cleanser. It works pretty effectively, reducing blackheads but not eliminating them (I don't expect miracles here!). I got bored with it and tried some of Queen Helene's scrubs (finer beads but not enough acne fighting ingredients) and St. Ives Medicated Apricot scrub (and it's CVS knockoff) - giant skin ripping beads alert!! I seem to come back to this one.

It has beads that are in the middle w/ size - larger than Queen Helene's but smaller than the walnut shell particles used in both CVS and St. Ives Apricot Scrubs - and I really like it that way. Queen Helene - sand... St Ives - small pebbles lol. They remove excess dead skin and keep my skin texture pretty smooth without over drying it and leaving it tight and flaky.. while the 2% Salicylic acid keeps my pimples at bay. at $4-5, it's definitely worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Jennbenn2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have blackheads on my nose so I saw this product on the sale bin and decided to give it a try. I used it 4 or 5 times and then it went in the trash. It seemed to be an alright scrub but it did not help with the blackheads one bit like as it claimed it would.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After using Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub and loving it for over a year, I decided to switch things up a bit. I tend to get blackheads on my nose, so I figured this might help clear those up. The first few days I used this it seemed a little harsh, especially compared to the Oil-Free. I've gotten used to it now, and usually my face does feel cleaner right after I use it, but I find that when I get out of the shower (where it currently resides as a tertiary scrub to my daily face regime) my pores feel like they're full of gunk. I also have the same problem others have had: it makes my cheeks, which are normally a little red to begin with, turn bright red. And I haven't seen any noticeable difference in regards to my blackheads. Won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:03:00 AM More reviews by angela_cheung11

This was an okay scrub. Not suitable for my acne prone skin though, I found that it aggravated it even more! Probably good for weekly use, people without acne. It didn't eliminate my blackheads whatsoever, I think the exfoliating beads are too big to get into pores! My face stung a bit afterwards. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by monica4xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Made my skin feel very clean and brand new. Although it didn't really get rid of any black heads it's still is a good scrub. dirt cheap and good for weekly use. i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

ok i love this product more then any other product i have tired for black heads. it just make them go away. for a while i would use this then try something else but i always went back to it because my blackheads came back. its not exacly a miracle product but like i said its the best for me. i use it once a day when i take a shower. i love the smell its nice. the beads dont dissolve to quickly so they do actually expholiate my skin. the tube isnt very big but is does last me a while.