December 19, 2014 | 1612 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

Gorgeous product - I got this in Natural, which is a nude gloss without shimmer. I have given it a 3 for packaging due to the applicator. The actual tube itself is fine but the doe foot is way too big! It is about twice the size of a normal gloss doe foot which means I have trouble controlling how much I put on my lips, particularly because I just bought this so it is full to the brim. I could scrape it on the sides and then just gently dab it on my lips, but it is still too big. And also bent, which I find awkward.

Other than that, this is a lovely colour, great for warming up bright lippies, and lovely for plain old nude glossed lips as well. This is something which you will always reach for, and will never go out of fashion.

Very glossy, without looking shimmery and silly. Slightly sticky as a lot of glosses are, and reasonably opaque, so don't overapply or it will look thick. Smells sorta like cherry medicine.

Super cheap, only $7 from Crush Cosmetics and you get a lot of product - bigger tube than most glosses!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the biggest fan of high-shine lip gloss, but I love how moisturizing this gloss is. It's even better than some of the lip balms I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just recently discovered this awesome product, thanks to all the wonderful reviews from my fellow MUA'ers. Thank you guys, by the way! :) I am so in love with this lipgloss! It is so hard to believe that it's only $4. Yes, you heard that right. $4!!! I can't say enough good things about this stuff! The consistency is nice, thin and not gloppy or sticky at all. Staying power is good, packaging is sturdy and adorable (I love the deer-foot applicator and the cute little black bow design on the cap), the color selection is plentiful and gorgeous and did I mention it was dirt cheap? I ordered mine through Ulta's website as well as NYX's website. I am not fortunate enough to have an Ulta store in my area, so I have to settle for ordering online. That is fine, since I love online shopping anyway. The colors I have so far are Smokey Look, Natural, Frosted Beige and Pink Frost. I love every one of them, but my favorites are Smokey Look and Natural. I love a nude lip and those two colors are perfect for that. I have heard a few people complain about the cherry scent and while it is a little strong, it doesn't bother me at all. I actually think it smells nice, like a cherry sucker you would get after seeing the dentist. Once you put in on your lips, the scent kind of dissipates anyway. I plan to order Sponge Cake, Perfect and Tea Rose soon. I can't believe how many colors there are to choose from! 50 different shades! Some that are glossy, some that are frosty, some with shimmer, some with glitter. (Wow, I just sounded a bit like Dr. Seuss for a minute there. lol!) There is literally a perfect color for everyone. So, for those of you who are sick and tired of shelling out 20 bucks per lipgloss, don't hesitate to get this! It is better than MAC and many other high end lipglosses I have tried. No joke, no exaggeration whatsoever! This is the HG of lipglosses! Trust me! :) :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

I am sensitive to odors and I don't want this because of its awful smell. Other than it a perfect gloss for day and night. Just be careful when applying it during the day since it might be too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the colors, love the consistency, but I have one that's shimmery and I can feel the glitter in it. That's kinda gross, doesn't last long either. But for the colors and the price? Love.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I prefer lip gloss to lipstick and always carry a few in my purse. I buy neutral beigey-gold-peachy shades and love that this line carries so many lovely colors that are great for swipe and go. The lustre this provides is lovely, the shades sophisticated especially for the price. You get a good amount of product too. My cons for me are as follows: I dislike the way it smells so much that this lipgloss is "scent prohibitive" product for me. I reach for it because its so lovely, or find it in my purse then the moment its on I remember why I don't wear it more often or now, at all. To me it smells like cherry cough syrup and I can't get past it as it doesn't seem to dissipate much if at all, with wear. My other issue is no fault of the gloss since I knew it had a doe foot applicator and I dislike those. Every one I've tried imparts far too little gloss on my lips or requires many swipes because the doe foot is spongey and absorbs the product. I prefer slant tip squeeze tubes because you can control how much comes out and I can get the look I want in one swipe. Again, not the fault of the gloss. So pretty, nicely priced, great color range. If the scent is not objectionable this gloss is a good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are my new favourite lipglosses. These are pigmented just enough for my liking and still super shiny. I have Copper Penny and Plum and they are both absolutely gorgeous. I've been looking for African Queen but can't seem to find it. They're not sticky and I also find they have really good staying power for a gloss. This didn't wear off until 4-5 hours and that includes drinking/eating. When it did come off, it left a nice pinkish stain to it that I loved. Plus, I think the packaging is super cute with the little bow on the top of the lid. Will be buying a ton more!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by BelliniMartini

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've seen reviews on youtube from some makeup guru's and wanted to try a few. I was aware that they have a scent to them of cherry lollipops. I choose two shades, first was
LA-LA a pink shade with light gold shimmer, the second was TEA ROSE a deeper pinky rose and it had no shimmer to it. Both went on really well and wasn't sticky like some glosses. So I am happy with both so far, and will try maybe a few more.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own a few lip glosses. I currently own perfect red, pink frost, and pop; all from hautelook. I like that they were non-sticky and were very opaque! They were amazing at first. But when I applied it, I started to smell a cough syrup cherry scent. It got really gross so I smelled the tube. It was NASTY! the smell is EXACTLY like cherry cough syrup. that smell makes be nauseous, so even though everything else is fine with it, the smell just turned me away. All the glosses i own have the same smell. I did find the packaging very cute, but I wont buy this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kaylaax3

These lip glosses are amazing!! They're so pigmented, non-sticky, affordable & there's a lot of colors to choose from. I really want to get more :)