August 1, 2014 | 1375 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by elisha1717

This is my favorite cleanser. I use it everyday and it is great at removing makeup it dissolves it instantly! my face looks and feels fresh, super clean and brighter. however i do have acne scars and it hasnt really helped in fading them. this keeps my face clear and prevents breakouts. you only need a TINY amount cause this foams up like crazy so it will last you a long time and makes it worth the $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Sooji13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. Leaves my face feeling so clean, takes off all makeup, and (like all the other reviewers have already stated), you only need a small amount to work up a rich lather for the entire face. My face looks bright and white immediately after washing, but the brightening effect does not last very long. For the price, definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by HanounaNYC

I really like this cleanser so far. I've been using it for 3 months now but I didn't notice any changes in terms of brightening but it does clean my face and leave it soft unlike other cleansers I have used that made my face feels dry. I don't know if it removes makeup as I always remove my makeup using other products and use foaming cleansers as the last step to make sure my face is clean but I love the way my face feels after using this cleanser in the morning. I might repurchase but I will keep trying other cleansers as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Mathilde10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know if this is quite whitening. I bought the cleanser in a package that includes the softener and the moisturizer. It was an ok cleanser. Leaves you feeling pretty clean, but still notice some dirt on the cotton ball when I was toning. In a way it is pretty cost effective because it is super foamy! You only need the smallest bit for your entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by bewitchedkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm almost done with my first full tube and it works amazingly! One small dab is enough to create a rich lather for my entire face and helps remove any traces of makeup that remained after a night out. It's a little pricey especially on a student budget, but one tube lasts about 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ka1092

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Bah! I had a bad experience with this product.

I bought it, a little shell-shocked at the price for a cleanser- but I figure, hey, it's Shiseido - it's worth the money, right? Wrong..

First things first - the packaging. Packaging is just a tube - very clean and cute with the light pink, definitely pretty on the counter. But I don't care if it won't clean my face.

It has a cheap hotel scent to it - again, no matter, as long as it will clean my face. The directions say to squeeze some out into your hand, add water, work into a lather, and then apply to the face. I have no problem with meticulous directions like that because it soothes me at the end of a long day. Color me weird.

Regardless, after you lather it all on and wash it off your face, you're left with a sticky face and mascara smudged stubbornly around your eyes. I hate scrubbing at my eyes so I just removed the makeup with a makeup remover. Call me lazy, but I enjoy a one-step cleanser.

Seeing the other great reviews on here, I would say definitely ask for a sample first - hopefully you see better results than me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Missyminxy

I feel cleansing is the most crucial part of your skin care routine and spending big bucks on a quality cleanser is no problem for me. I use a make-up remover prior to washing my face with the cleanser to get the full cleansing effect. Beautiful light smell and creamy straight out of the tube. Rub for a few seconds to get a gorgeous whipped foam. I find that after applying the cleanser to my face and neck I used small circular motions all over my face paying particular attention to oily areas (I learned this while living in Japan ^^). Just a little bit of water lightly splashed onto the face will remove the cleanser without residue. Japanese skincare teaches to avoid rubbing the face when rinsing it and to lightly splash the skin with water. As for whitening, of course it won't have a lasting effect as it's a cleanser but after prolonged use it does keep skin looking frsh and bright. Overall, beautiful cleanser. A little goes a verryy long way. Will definitely be using it for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

One of the best cleanser i even tried. It cleansed well, without dryness, lovely smell, very clean feeling. Less is more for this cleanser, each time i only use small pea size. My husband also loved this. I wouldn't mind paying $57 for 125ml cleanser. As long as it works. IMO i find this much better than SKII FTE cleanser. I do use bodyshop facial brush with this cleanser, helps to exfoliates.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by pepper1025

Like all other Shiseido cleansers, this one left my skin feeling *squeaky* clean, which imo is too much. It's very creamy and foams very well but It feels like I took soap to my face after i rinse it off. needless to say, i will not be repurchasing this item or any other Shiseido cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by oshinsr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pro:

A tiny amount of this product goes a long way. It will last you a long time. Forms a thick pleasant foam. Soothing rose smell. It removes all or of most of the make-up. Leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized.

Con:

If you get this product in your eyes or in the nose, it will burn.

There is a 60% chance that I will re-purchase this product. The only reason I would not repurchase is that I use my cleanser on my eye for the removal of eye make-up and can easy get this in my eye.