July 22, 2014 | 1246 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Root Beer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by radmom

I love this color, it is so versatile. I love to use it as a crease color, to get that outer "v," as a liner. it's just a wonderful color and very smooth, even texture, very blendable, good staying power. And for the price, it's awesome, really. I plan to get several more NYX shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a color that I would like, grey, silvery, taupe. I do not notice any distinct brown or purple tones like others have. In any event, the color is a great everyday shade and the quality is fantastic, especially for the price. I tend to use Satin Taupe just for more definition (I do not consider these shades to be dupes of each other), but this is certainly worth having in your collection. For reference I am NW25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great color payoff. Gorgeous color. Another winner from NYX

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great color, superb pigmentation. Although it is slightly similar to MAC's Satin Taupe, I wouldn't call it an exact dupe (when swatched). However, on the lid, the colors are basically indistinguishable. No one will stand close enough to actually differentiate between the two shadows. That being said, NYX Root Beer is $3.50 (or in the trio, around $1.50) while MAC's Satin Taupe costs $14.50 (same size as NYX's trio equivalent). While I have both, I'm sure glad I didn't pay for Satin Taupe (I received it in a Back to MAC deal) because, really, NYX is just as good, at less than a 10th of the price. What a steal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

I absolutely love this color, It's a brownish, taupe-ish, charcoalish. I don't know how to describe it, but it's amazing. The color payoff is great, and it's such a great color to wear as a liner, brow powder, crease color, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great crease color! I mostly use it with MAC Copperplate on the lid, and MAC Blanc Type to highlight. It is very smooth, and blendable, and can also be used as a liner with the right brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Root Beer after reading all the rave reviews and now I practically wear this every day! I never thought I could look good in a neutral shadow, but this one works on my cool toned skin. I am so impressed w/ NYX shadows: beautiful colors, great texture, easy to blend, and dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Root Beer, but its no dupe for MAC's Smoke N Diamonds. Its more smooth and has more of a purple tone to it. Here are my swatch comparisons, click continue to see: continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Root Beer is a good eyeshadow from NYX. It is a metallic silvery grey taupe. I picked this up because it is supposed to be similar to MAC Smoke N Diamonds which I missed out on. I used this as an allover lid color with MAC Carbon in the crease and outer v. Very pretty. I used TFSI under this and it stayed on great. This is a good eyeshadow to pick up especially since it is so inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

I picked this up in a trio not thinking I would use it. I really just wanted the two other colors. It turned out to be my favorite of the three. It's got a hint of purple but is still a neutral, and has just the right amount of shimmer. I will probably purchase this in a single next time.