Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 7/27/2012 8:56:00 AM

Great great great hydrating product!I use it after I wash off my make up at night, only one-two drops are enough, followed by my moisturiser, didn't break me out and my skin seems to absorb it really well. I'm impressed with how my skin looks the next morning after I wash it.Have also tried the Lotus oil treatment and wasn't satissfied at all, it irritated my skin a little bit.Minus one lippie cause of the price. Recomended and will buy again.

on 7/9/2012 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Has healed my dry, red, flaky skin. Thanks to this oil I am able to make it through a day without feeling like every ounce of moisturizer is gone from my skin. I started off using 4 drops over moisturizer at night and 2 over moisturizer in the morning. As my skin improved, I cut it down to only one drop on my moisturizer on the morning, but I am still continuing with 3-4 drops over my night cream. My skin was in terrible shape when I started. It hurt it was so dry. I am seeing improvement every day. It won't be long before I can cut down the amount I have to use at night. I highy recommend this product for anyone suffering from dry, dehydrated skin. Of note, I preferred the dehydrating oil to the oil for dry skin. The SA who sold me it said that she had the same results I have experienced, but didn't like the oil for dry skin nearly as much.

on 6/23/2012 2:37:00 PM

This oil is awesome! It took me a wee while to figure out how to use it as on its own, it wasn't enough to moisturise my skin. I apply a layer after my light moisturiser at night and my skin feels very soft and happy. It smells a bit herbally but nothing too bad. As you only use a tiny amount, it will last ages so the price is not bad at all.

EDIT - Apart from the mud mask which I still love, Clarins skincare gave me skin irritation so I had to stop using it.

on 6/12/2012 7:03:00 AM

Having read so many good reviews on this product I decided to buy it as a treat for my birthday. And what a disappointment... I am writing this review because I want to warn the other people that this oil can BREAK OUT the skin. Maybe you should try it somehow before you buy the full size bottle.
Since it is called Blue orchid you would expect it to smell like a flower but the smell of it is more like groundy, dirty.

on 5/31/2012 10:43:00 PM

This oil in infused with the essential oils of orchid, hazelnut and patchouli.
* Orchid oil is excellent for toning, preventing moisture loss and slowing down the signs of aging.
* Hazelnut oil is very high in fatty acids (omegas 3, 6 and 9) which are highly effective in tightening the skin and strengthening the capillaries.
* Patchouli, like most plant oils, is an age-old treatment for ailments such as acne, eczema, sunburn and other forms of dermatitis- this is the ingredient that is helping so many people with specific skin problems. Patchouli oil is also fantastic for regenerating the skin to help fade wounds an scars at a faster rate.

Overall, this oil is absolutely fabulous. I have been using it daily for a month and am completely obsessed with the feeling, scent and results of this beautiful product. A few drops in or after your toner makes the skin feel hydrated and soft. After a few minutes the oil penetrates the skin and leaves your face and neck feeling soft and calm. The beautiful aromatic scent calms your mind and prepares you for bed... I swear I've been sleeping better since using this product! The morning after the first application I saw the benefits as my skin was softer and more radiant. I tried using it in the morning as well, but found it was a bit too much for my combo skin. The new packaging is much more hygienic and easy to use. I would store it in a dark, cool cupboard as bright lights can fade the oil. I recommend this to absolutely everyone, regardless of your skin type. I would bathe in it if I could!! 5 lippies all around and I will be a committed user for many, many more years.

on 5/23/2012 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Great product, and after using it skin looks glowing, beautiful, feels moisturized and soft. Very impressed, and in my opinion this oil is much better than Decleor oils. I would recomend this oil for every skin type, it makes wonders.

on 5/5/2012 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great product, especially for dry skin. Doesn't leave the skin oily, but soft.

on 4/7/2012 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This cured (in one or two days) a sudden outbreak of eczema on my face which was brought on by a cold snap and a new moisturizer that irritated me (when I ran out of my Clarins moisturizer). Nothing was working, not even prescription. Beautiful product, this is, and I will continue to use for the general health and appearance of my skin. It has never looked better. I will keep on using it when I go back on my high-tech retinol and enzyme anti-age products because it is natural base and has neutral ingredients that re-inforce the integrity of my skin.

on 2/25/2012 12:32:00 PM

The sales assistant told me this would solve all my skin problems. Well I wouldn't go quite that far!! But it has definitely helped. The oil feels nice, goes on easily (just a couple of drops needed) and, according to my partner, smells like chocolate orange. I don't like chocolate orange so I think it smells nicer than that! Quite a comforting warm spicy smell. I don't think you need to use it every night and I don't think it's the only answer to dehydrated skin - as another reviewer mentioned, central heating and the cold will dry you out and the best way to rehydrate is probably to drink a bit more water and eat some oily fish or the odd pork pie!
I'm very pleased with it so far though all in all, and at 29 I think it's actually pretty good value considering how long it will last.
As the sales assistant pointed out it is all natural so you can add it to your normal moisturiser or face mask if you want as well.

on 2/20/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If you are looking for a combo of oils that moisturize dry/dehydrated skin without leaving it greasy at all... this is it!
I bought this to replace Kiehl's midnight recovery oil. I really enjoy treatment oils and find a combo of different oils work better for me than straight up carrier oil. Some even break me out (EVOO and rosehip).
As soon as I get home for the day, I like to wash my face and put a treatment oil on and nothing else. Then right before bed, the rest of my PM routine and I wake up to soft smooth skin. If I have time in the am and we are going through a dry/cold spell I'll layer this in the am too. I don't travel with oils (keep products to a minimum) and I can see a difference within a few days.
I recommend using it on damp face and let it absorb. I am very liberal with the amount I use and it does not leave a greasy feeling. Soaks right in within 15 min cannot tell you have anything on. Lovely scent and not overwhelming at all. Dropper application works fine - no mess. Highly recommended

Popular Treatments (Face)