LUSH Retread

3.5

on 8/9/2012 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Even though i find it pretty expensive, i would repurchase it. I bought this about 1 month ago and im already half through it, using it daily (or everytime i wash my hair) I love how it makes my hair shinier, softer and frizz free. When you first put it in your hands it seems thick but when spread on your hair it feels light weight which i love, but can sometimes trick me into using more than i need. I use about a half a palm for my long curly/wavy hair. Doesnt seem to build up on my hair! however, i usually use very thick conditioners and they dont build up or make my hair oily. The smell grew on me, but now i love it!
PROS
moisturizing
healing
defrizzer
thick

CONS
pricey
need to use a lot

I would suggest this for anyone who has damaged or curly hair for a daily use, and once or twice a week for normal to fine hair

on 7/24/2012 4:49:00 PM

- Like almost any other Lush product it's rather pricey, but my black tub almost lasted 6 months with once a week usage ( I switch)
- Packaging is OK; typical Lush black tub
- I thought the smell to be quite nice, not overpowering so. A fruity / smokey mellon-y scent.
- This is a quite heavy duty conditioner, so don't use too much! Otherwise you'll end up with a sticky/waxy feeling. I mostly liked this conditioner and will repurchase but will alternate with another because this conditioner is prone to build up.

on 6/28/2012 11:21:00 PM

I have dry hair that has crazy damage. This product helped to restore the moisture back to my hair. I used it for one week and then went to see my hair dresser. She could not believe the difference. We have tried everything and spent all of my money. This product is not as expensive as some but it is not cheap. It does not feel heavy, but does build up. I used this as a daily conditioner leaving it on as long as possible. I think everyday might be too much, maybe every other wash. I will be buying this again for sure.

on 5/31/2012 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have very damaged hair and this leaves it managable and shiney. It doesn't actually feel any more moisturised than just a normal conditioner though. I don't really notice the smell of this one, I certainly don't mind it unpleasant.
It is great for helping to wash out henna!

on 5/27/2012 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I only recieved a sample of this, but I liked to thick consistency as it felt like it would benefit my hair. However I really disliked the smell and didn't feel that it was norishing enough to counteract the harsh cleansing effect of Rehab (and atleast that one smelt good!)

on 4/12/2012 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Smells like cigarette butts! I didn't like the smell at first, but I have to admit I am getting used to it. The payoff of this smelly conditioner is that it leaves my fine, curly hair frizz free and manageably soft. I admit it is a little pricey but the stuff works! I think I will be repurchasing this because my hair looks awesome.

on 3/28/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

GROSS! It is a decent conditioner on my dry hair, but the scent smells like rotten yogurt to me. I could not bear to purchase another pot. I have stopped using Lush hair products (I use Wen now).

on 3/28/2012 10:14:00 AM

This is my holy grail conditioner. I've been using it for about 1.5 years and I love it. I've tried to take it out of my routine because it's quite expensive but my hair always looks terrible and I go back to it immediately! I order from the UK because it's so much cheaper than the US LUSH. I have medium long/thick/dark/dry/curly hair. It smooths it out and makes really nice frizz free curls. It has a slight smell but it's very mild and doesn't stay in your hair. I love it!

on 3/28/2012 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This does not work as well for me as American Cream. The scent is bland, mostly smell like plain yogurt. I have fine unprocessed Asian hair and this leaves my hair feeling "waxy" and "hard"?...doesn't feel clean. I don't understand but I'll be sticking with American Cream.

Update: I tried using less product and this definitely helped. Still not impressed but at least it is usable.

on 3/11/2012 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow! This stuff is surprisingly good. OK, it's terrific! I have butt length hair that looks like much more than there is because it has, uh, so much, uh, body, yeah, that's what i'll call it. An SA at LUSH recommended Retread for my dry, fuzzy, misbehaving hair, but i was ambivalent. So i bought two different limited edition Head Case boxes - Protect & Nourish and Balance & Repair - to test various products.
The real test came last summer when i was camping for two weeks where it was very hot and humid - fortunately our encampment had installed a hot shower, so i bathed every day and washed my hair every 2 or 3 days.
I used Jumpin' Juniper Solid Shampoo to keep my scalp in good shape and Retread Conditioner. The first time i tried the conditioner in the shower, i was uncertain. I was glad that it has neither the excessively floral or exceedingly fruity smells of mass market brands. But it also didn't feel anything like any conditioner i have used in the past 4 decades. I rubbed it on my hair, and especially on the lower more damaged inches, but it lacks the slickery feel of every conditioner i've used since the 1970s. I rinsed it out and didn't feel any great difference.
But once my hair was dry, i could see and feel what a fantastic job Retread had done. It didn't weigh down my hair or leave it feeling coated with gunk, and my usually frizzy boofy hair stayed soft and smooth, sleek and shiny until the next wash. I definitely <3 LUSH Retread.

Top Rated LUSH Products