July 30, 2014 | 1869 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Retread conditioner felt exactly like yogurt in my hand, lol. I really packed it on and let it sit for 3 minutes on my hair before washing it out. In the shower, I didn't really feel a huge difference in the smoothness of my hair. However, after I towel-dried and blow dryed, I have to agree with everyone else! My hair felt incredibly baby-soft, like spun silk and the sheen was out of this world!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by GillyTemple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried this conditioner for the first time today as I have it in a free sample pot. I asked a sale assistant at Lush what she would recommend for someone with very dry ends and is allergic to lavender, lo and behold Retread.

I really like this conditioner. I'm not a fan of the smell for some reason, maybe I had a bad batch? It smells of probiotic soya yoghurt. It's not unpleasant, just a bit odd. It does wonders for my hair though. I previously used Naked's balancing conditioner, which took my hair days to get used to. I saw results instantly with this and my hair is very soft, silky, manageable and even shiny! As a blonde, I rarely have shiny hair which doesn't look greasy, so this was a pleasant surprise.

The packaging makes no difference to me, however I tend to prefer bottles as I can control the amount I dispense a lot easier. I suppose as the conditioner is very intense and thick, it would be difficult to have it bottled.

I really do like this conditoner and it's probably the best one I've used in years, however I simply can't justify spending nearly £10 for 245g of product. For that reason alone, I would not buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

This is absolutely my favourite conditioner of all time! I found that it has made my hair a lot healthier and shinier. It also calms my frizz and weighs down the fluffiness therefore defining my curls more. And it smells delicious! I found that it covers up the scent of Cynthia Sylvia Stout very well. And the scent lasts all day long. I love to use this with It's Raining Men, since it creates such a sweet lovely smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleClara

Retread saved my hair! After a summer of sun-dried hair, this was very welcome. I like the packaging, it's easy to open and close. The smell doesn't bother me; I know some people find it too strong but I find it makes my hair smell fresh and clean.
I use it about 2 times a week after Rehab shampoo. I sometimes use it as a deep conditioner in the week-end when my hair needs an extra boost. I leave it on for about 20 minutes and wrap my hair in a warm towel. Works like charm.
You have to rinse it very thoroughly as it can get greasy if you don't. I wouldn't use it on your roots as it will only make your hair heavier and greasier.
Overall, this product is amazing despite his pricey value.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the 2nd hair product I've tried from Lush. Once again, I'm disappointed by the fragrance of the product. It's just too much. I'm not even sure I know what it smells like exactly. All I know is that it's bizarre and I can't deal with it. I used up the container because it was just too expensive not to. I guess I'm just not meant to be a Lush hair care gal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by agentjade

I like the natural smell, and the way my hair feels soft and silky after it dries. I use a random shampoo (Pantene or TRESemmé) each time and the effect is still the same after this conditioner.

My hair is one inch past my shoulders and I use two finger swipes (each swipe a peaked dollop) for the roots to 3/4 way up. With the remainder goop on my fingers, I gently massaged my scalp so that the hair on the crown gets some but not too much.

I don't find it overly moisturizing but if I use too much of it, I tend to get some back acne.

The price is a little steep for one pot but at least it is working for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by BeneGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I was recommended this product by a LUSH sales assistant after asking for their most intensive conditioner. I'm currently in a hair repair frenzy after months of neglect, dye and heat styling. My hair was in distress and so was I!

I used Retread as instructed by the SA - towel dry hair after washing, apply lots of Retread, wrap hair in clingfilm and then wrap in a warm towel (while clingfilm is still on). Leave for an hour or so for an intense conditioning session. Of course, you can use Retread like any other conditioner, but if you've got time to spare and hair to save like me, I'd really recommend taking these extra steps.

My hair was extremely soft and shiny after rinsing and drying, though be warned - if you don't wash it out properly you will most likely end up with greasy greasy roots - might be best to avoid applying such a heavy conditioner to roots anyway.

Hair saviour - never ever going back to cheap, useless conditioners!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Katyrooo

I have medium length curly hair I use a straightener almost everyday .This stuff smells great but it is very watery I could never really feel the super softness like I could feel with other conditioners I uses .I always ended putting globs on to maybe get that feeling not that I expected a fresh out of salon deep condition but non the less i was not wowed . I spent a pretty penny on it as well and did not feel I got my money's worth besides the awesome smell.It also come in a cup form so I always got water in the cup when I went to get another scoop full watered it down even more can't wait to try a different one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know what to say about this stuff. Maybe I'm not using it right - I think i piled too much on. It seemed to leave my hair (which is damaged and dry) a bit greasy but still frizz prone at the same time. I'll try it again using less product. The biggest downside besides the price is the smell, which is really strange and not pleasant. It reeks very strongly of plastic. I normally am not that bothered by smells but this is not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by twestla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just bought this today, and tried it out this afternoon after using Lush Big Shampoo. I LOVE the unique smell...it is light & fresh. Since there is no silicone in the conditioner, it doesn't feel like it is doing much. It seems to sink right into the hair at first. My hair is shoulder length and the SA said this was their heaviest conditioner, so to use it sparingly, even though I would be tempted to use more. She said keep it mostly on the ends, to 3/4 of the way up my hair, but to stay away from the roots (otherwise it would undo all the volumizing from Big Shampoo) She told me to trust her, and not be discouraged by the way my hair felt while it was wet. When I got out of the shower, I did have to comb my hair gently, as it was slightly tangled (but not bad). I used a tiny amount of the Lush R&B leave-in treatment while hair was damp, then blow-dried and straightend hair. My hair looks GREAT. Soft, light, full of body - and the smell is fantastic. I am hooked after one use!