December 22, 2014 | 976 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

GROSS! It is a decent conditioner on my dry hair, but the scent smells like rotten yogurt to me. I could not bear to purchase another pot. I have stopped using Lush hair products (I use Wen now).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by princess2010

This is my holy grail conditioner. I've been using it for about 1.5 years and I love it. I've tried to take it out of my routine because it's quite expensive but my hair always looks terrible and I go back to it immediately! I order from the UK because it's so much cheaper than the US LUSH. I have medium long/thick/dark/dry/curly hair. It smooths it out and makes really nice frizz free curls. It has a slight smell but it's very mild and doesn't stay in your hair. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does not work as well for me as American Cream. The scent is bland, mostly smell like plain yogurt. I have fine unprocessed Asian hair and this leaves my hair feeling "waxy" and "hard"?...doesn't feel clean. I don't understand but I'll be sticking with American Cream.

Update: I tried using less product and this definitely helped. Still not impressed but at least it is usable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This stuff is surprisingly good. OK, it's terrific! I have butt length hair that looks like much more than there is because it has, uh, so much, uh, body, yeah, that's what i'll call it. An SA at LUSH recommended Retread for my dry, fuzzy, misbehaving hair, but i was ambivalent. So i bought two different limited edition Head Case boxes - Protect & Nourish and Balance & Repair - to test various products.
The real test came last summer when i was camping for two weeks where it was very hot and humid - fortunately our encampment had installed a hot shower, so i bathed every day and washed my hair every 2 or 3 days.
I used Jumpin' Juniper Solid Shampoo to keep my scalp in good shape and Retread Conditioner. The first time i tried the conditioner in the shower, i was uncertain. I was glad that it has neither the excessively floral or exceedingly fruity smells of mass market brands. But it also didn't feel anything like any conditioner i have used in the past 4 decades. I rubbed it on my hair, and especially on the lower more damaged inches, but it lacks the slickery feel of every conditioner i've used since the 1970s. I rinsed it out and didn't feel any great difference.
But once my hair was dry, i could see and feel what a fantastic job Retread had done. It didn't weigh down my hair or leave it feeling coated with gunk, and my usually frizzy boofy hair stayed soft and smooth, sleek and shiny until the next wash. I definitely <3 LUSH Retread.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Retread conditioner felt exactly like yogurt in my hand, lol. I really packed it on and let it sit for 3 minutes on my hair before washing it out. In the shower, I didn't really feel a huge difference in the smoothness of my hair. However, after I towel-dried and blow dryed, I have to agree with everyone else! My hair felt incredibly baby-soft, like spun silk and the sheen was out of this world!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by GillyTemple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried this conditioner for the first time today as I have it in a free sample pot. I asked a sale assistant at Lush what she would recommend for someone with very dry ends and is allergic to lavender, lo and behold Retread.

I really like this conditioner. I'm not a fan of the smell for some reason, maybe I had a bad batch? It smells of probiotic soya yoghurt. It's not unpleasant, just a bit odd. It does wonders for my hair though. I previously used Naked's balancing conditioner, which took my hair days to get used to. I saw results instantly with this and my hair is very soft, silky, manageable and even shiny! As a blonde, I rarely have shiny hair which doesn't look greasy, so this was a pleasant surprise.

The packaging makes no difference to me, however I tend to prefer bottles as I can control the amount I dispense a lot easier. I suppose as the conditioner is very intense and thick, it would be difficult to have it bottled.

I really do like this conditoner and it's probably the best one I've used in years, however I simply can't justify spending nearly £10 for 245g of product. For that reason alone, I would not buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

This is absolutely my favourite conditioner of all time! I found that it has made my hair a lot healthier and shinier. It also calms my frizz and weighs down the fluffiness therefore defining my curls more. And it smells delicious! I found that it covers up the scent of Cynthia Sylvia Stout very well. And the scent lasts all day long. I love to use this with It's Raining Men, since it creates such a sweet lovely smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleClara

Retread saved my hair! After a summer of sun-dried hair, this was very welcome. I like the packaging, it's easy to open and close. The smell doesn't bother me; I know some people find it too strong but I find it makes my hair smell fresh and clean.
I use it about 2 times a week after Rehab shampoo. I sometimes use it as a deep conditioner in the week-end when my hair needs an extra boost. I leave it on for about 20 minutes and wrap my hair in a warm towel. Works like charm.
You have to rinse it very thoroughly as it can get greasy if you don't. I wouldn't use it on your roots as it will only make your hair heavier and greasier.
Overall, this product is amazing despite his pricey value.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the 2nd hair product I've tried from Lush. Once again, I'm disappointed by the fragrance of the product. It's just too much. I'm not even sure I know what it smells like exactly. All I know is that it's bizarre and I can't deal with it. I used up the container because it was just too expensive not to. I guess I'm just not meant to be a Lush hair care gal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by agentjade

I like the natural smell, and the way my hair feels soft and silky after it dries. I use a random shampoo (Pantene or TRESemmé) each time and the effect is still the same after this conditioner.

My hair is one inch past my shoulders and I use two finger swipes (each swipe a peaked dollop) for the roots to 3/4 way up. With the remainder goop on my fingers, I gently massaged my scalp so that the hair on the crown gets some but not too much.

I don't find it overly moisturizing but if I use too much of it, I tend to get some back acne.

The price is a little steep for one pot but at least it is working for me.