December 18, 2014 | 1672 users online

Pressed Powders - Napoleon Perdis - Camera Finish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

This is by far the best powder I've ever put onto my face. It is the first one I've used that doesn't make my face look dry, cakey, or break out. That said, I truly believe that this is a great powder for anyone who "gave up" on powders, like me. I use Look 4 over my Skin Food Aloe BB cream #2. I spray some rose water over this to set it and my skin just looks wonderful for the whole day. With this combo, it's difficult to tell that I actually have some clogged pores, redness, and pimples popping out. My skin has not reacted terribly to this powder. I did notice a few more pimples for the first few days of use, but that was something I was expecting. It's been tough to go a day without putting on the Camera Finish foundation because my skin just looks that much better with it! I think this is one product that is actually worth the splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This foundation is ok. It doesn't spread as well as some other pressed powder foundations, and tends to feel thick and not very silky smooth. has good coverage though and leaves skin looking quite natural. Might purchase again.

Update: I prefer this without the sponge application, I use a brush now and it looks so much better!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by pikescat

I LOVE this powder. This is a matte powder with a bit of coverage that photographs beautifully. Camera Finish really evens out my skintone and doesn't clog my pores or irritiate my skin at all. I also like the sponge that's included--when using it on the go, it really works well. I can even use this under my eyes for a bit of evening out, and it doesn't get crepey. It's a little pricey at $40, but it's definitely my new favorite powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by SweetBix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll probably buy this powder again as it does make set quite well. However, if reapplied more than twice a day it can make you look 'dirty', this is more noticeable when using look 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by H_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding and wanted to look flawless in the photos. Napoleon Camera Finish definitely did the job! It made my skin look fantastic! It is quite pricey, but if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by mellyjane

Love, Love, Love this product. When you have a special occasion or you are just having a day when you want to appear flawless (ie every day!) this product is fantastic. I use "Look 2" and it blends perfectly.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Princess_Kelly

I love this product. I use apply it using the Napoleon brush and it goes on evenly and with just the right amount of product application. It sets my foundation perfectly and gives the flawless camera finish that it promises. I alternate between minimal, stick and china doll depending on where I'm going and time of day. A little goes a long way with this powder so I don't think application with the sponge gives the best finish. You really need to use a brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Missyfoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not a huge M/U kind of gal, so I actually Love this. I went into the Napoleon store when I got fed up with the treatment or lack there of from some of the lager cosmetic brands wgen I was after a new foundation. So after I told the Napoleon MUA what I was after she put me onto their Minimal foundation and the Camera Finish.

I love the fact that I can quickly brush the powder all over my face and achieve a nice even skin tone without looking overly made up & with just a touch of blush I am ready to go. As a busy mother I dont have a huge amount of time on my hands for a full face of make up. So this is very handy for me.

If you want medium coverage this is not the product for you, but if you like light coverage that is completely fool proof to apply, then this is the product.

Granted that the packaging is large, but it is not anything that would put me off from buying it. It does have a large mirror which is actually quite handy.

I also use this as a powder to set my foundation, so it has a dual purpose.

I have normal skin and I find that the Camera Finish does not cake or look overly powdery on my face either.

I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by jacobina

I can't say that i have ever used this product on it's own... powders are usually used it set your makeup and make it last longer, so the only time this is good is when you use it over some form of other makeup. It's not a bad powder... but i prefur translucent powders as they don't change the colour of your face, but with Camera Finish powder you are able to match them to the other napoleon foundations. I used this in Look 4 over a look 2 stick foundations and the results were fairly good.

On the whole the coverage if used on it's own would be fairly average- i wouldn't recommed it for those with dry skin as powders make dry spots more obvious.

The packaging is too bulky... it makes it hard to fit it in your bag unless you have a fairly large bag and it's very standard looking as are most napoleon products... i love Napoleon but they need to give there packaging a makeover ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 8:38:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! That's the word that comes to mind when attempting to describe this unbelievable powder. I feel like such an idiot because it took me this long to realize that what I really needed all along to set my foundation, was a truly beautiful finely milled foundation powder (not just an ordinary setting powder). I see so many different powder reviews from women complaining that the coverage wasn't enough or that it was too sheer (I was one of those and feel like a dunce knowing what I know now). I guess we get it into our heads that a foundation powder will be too much or too heavy, but actually it's perfect for our needs when we demand more coverage and staying power.

In that vein, I have tried several lately. All of them were better than ordinary powders so at least I knew I was finally going in the right direction. Some can be a tad heavy and some were not truly my color, so I was still on the prowl so to speak. I saw the reviews on this and thought it sounded perfect. Sephora is phasing this line out so they are currently having a major half price off sale (this powder is marked down from $40.00 to $20.00 right now)! I could not resist so I bought this in B2 which is their fair color (though I found out yesterday that the palest color is actually look 1 however they were sold out at Sephora). I am as pale as they come (think Nicole Kidman/Anne Hathaway) and super oily. I got this a couple of days ago and happened to be home without any make up on. I decided to pat some on just to get an idea of what it would it look like over my foundation. I am so used to patting on powders without any foundation on and getting a nice matte look but not much more that this. What I did not expect is to see every imperfection and blemish disappear completely with my face looking softer and more natural than I have ever seen it period! OMG! I have never seen a powder do this ever. I didn't even put that much on and it covered everything on my face and made me look so flawless! It looks a little dark in the pan which spooked me because I am so pale that most things look like mud on me, but the B2 was so natural looking! No demarcation line or anything (though I do now want to also get this in look 1 because I like to actually enhance my paleness).

I've been wearing this now for a day or two over my foundation and everyone asked me what I did different! My best friend demanded to know what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so soft and pretty. I told her so she ran off to Sephora when she got home and grabbed one in her color. It is also wonderful for oily skin as it has helped to keep my skin much drier during the day. It has a softening effect that I have never seen in any powder. I can see why they call this Camera Finish and suggest it for photos. I found a few articles online and they said that many celebrities use this at photo shoots and have relied on this powder for a long time (I guess I am late to the party). I called Napoleon Perdis to ask where I can buy this in the future because I am in love with their powder. The customer service people are so friendly and helpful! The representative I spoke to explained that Napoleon Perdis is launching a new reality show like ANTM in August and that they are the new official make up for the Oscars and Grammy's! She said that they want to streamline and sell only from their own stores so you can always call them and buy this (shipping is next to nothing too). Thank God for MakeUpAlley or I would have never even given this powder a try. This is the mother of all powders. I am very impressed and totally in love!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No