Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.4

This is really not a perfumed spray. Ok, it has a fragrance of a rose, but it is from rose water not an artificial perfumey chemical (it is not like you're spraying actual eua de toilette on your face!).
This spray is very nice. I personally like to use it before applying my morning serums and moisturizers as soon as I get out of the shower. It keeps my combo skin hydrated and helps the application of my skin care. If your skin feels dry during the day, it is nice to spray it on again to refresh it.
Is it an absolute necessity? Probably not, but it is very nice and so inexpensive!

on 1/15/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I finally found my setting spray. This was a recommendation from Youtube for something affordable and that worked for setting and making the powder look like skin. It works! It's only $7. It's all natural and has rosemary, etc in it and it smells like herbs.

It gets rid of that powder look which I HATE HATE HATE. I can't seem to find anything affordable that does it. I tried NYX Dewy Spray and it didn't do much. I was going to try MAC's but decided to go with this for now. I think I will be sticking with it now.

The setting part is true as well. I think it probably doesn't set as well as highend, but I haven't tried UD yet or Skindanavia. For $7 I really am happy with this and love the ingredients. My face is pretty sensitive and this calms it quickly. I have rosacea and dry skin. This hydrates it and seems to calm the red down after 20 minutes of sitting. I used this the other day with my full makeup going to a big appointment in Boston and I was in no need of touchups for the entire day and it was on for over 16 hours. I would say it worked.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm heading towards my third bottle of this. I originally purchased it to cancel out the powdery finish left behind from a powder foundation I used to use instead of using MAC Fix+ which was a major irritant for my skin. But after I stopped using the powder foundation I decided to use the spray after I cleansed and toned my skin. I spray while my skin is still damp from the toner and immediately follow up with my serum & moisturizer. I don't notice any earth shattering results but I do notice that does cancel out the tight feeling as my skin feels immediately after cleansing. There are a lot of other similar treatment sprays on the market but this one by far is the best in my opinion. And you just can't beat the price point.

12/10/2014: This has been reformulated with garbage ingredients. I didn't realize it till I went in for my annual haul of this spray and once after cleansing and applying this once lovely gem my skin didn't feel right so I happen to look at the ingredients list and wham bam I found the culprits.

Reformulation: Aqua (water, eau), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum ( Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33) CI 42090 (Blue 1).

I feel so bad because over the years I've suggested this product to so many people only for it later to become a huge disappointment. They have also reformulated a popular mask as well and I can't remember which one it is but its one that I don't use myself but overall I don't think I will be using anymore MB products after I finish using one of its eye creams because I'm fearful that that too will be reformulated in the near future.

on 12/19/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this face spray. I keep it in my purse and use it to moisturize my face throughout the day. Since I hate that dry, tight feeling I just spray this on a few times and it makes my face feel so much better. It smells like roses which I really like and is only $7! I definitely prefer this over Mac Fix +.

on 12/19/2013 9:11:00 PM

i bought mine at ulta after seeing all the reviews about it but this honestly is nothing special. it does nothing i don't see anything positive happen. i tried it after i had makup on, after i showered, or when id wake up in the morning. my face would feel tight, but it wouldn't look nice and i felt like i was actually putting dirt on my face because my pores actually looked bigger when i would use this product. i still have the bottle almost full. this was a waste of money.

on 12/1/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This product lasted a long time and smells really good. It felt hydrating on my face and did not irritate my skin. The only downside is that if I accidentally got some in my mouth or licked my lips afterwards without thinking, it tasted absolutely horrible! Otherwise, great product like everyone else says.

on 11/18/2013 9:08:00 PM

Mario Badescu is a freaking genius. I hv combination skin and no matter what makeup I use, I find it extremely hard to have it look fresh 3-4 hours after I've stepped out of my house. But after I got this spray, which I use to set my makeup, I usually just blot and respray after ~6 hours and I look like I just stepped out of the house. It's extremely refreshing and I cannot tell you how good it smells. I got it for SGD15~ for a small bottle but I've been using it for a month and the bottle still looks almost full. HG.

on 11/18/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this solely to soften and keep my skin from looking dehydrated, especially now that it is getting colder. It doesn't break me out and smells lovely from the rosewater. I like that it helps with the ruddiness in my cheeks. It is calming and soothing to use when my skin starts to flake around my nose and chin as well. I would not get this if you have allergies to aloe. I found this at Ulta for less than eight dollars. The bottle is small, but one spray is sufficient enough for the face and neck area. I would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I keep on hearing such outstanding reviews on this spray. I was never into facial sprays because I felt they were just a useless step I didn't need. I really didn't know exactly what this one by MB was all about. I figued it would be just an aromatherapy spray to make you feel good. I really couldn't see any skin benefits from it. The cosmetic cop rated this poor and said the ingredients have no special effect on the skiin. But, for only $7 I wanted to get it anyway. Well, I love it. Yes, it is a spray that just makes you feel good. It is fragrance for the face. The spray comes out very light and evenly. I even spray this when wearing mascara and it doesn't ruin it. I do honestly find that this does set my makeup pretty good. I'm oily and sometimes my matte foundations & blot powders can make me look cakey. But, a little bit of this spray and I look glowy but not greasy.

on 9/30/2013 1:13:00 PM

I don't use this as a toner. I don't use this to set my makeup. I only use this as a refreshing mist since I live in Texas but frequently travel to Arizona, and it is ALWAYS hot wherever I go it seems like.

How do I use this product? Well, regardless of whether or not I am wearing makeup, I hold the bottle about six to eight inches from my face and spray a couple times. It does not mess up my makeup and in fact has even after some long days, made it look better! My only complaint would be that the spray isn't so much a mist as a stream which is not the worst thing in the world but definitely would not be what I would have preferred. It smells really nice, definitely like rose, but if that isn't really your thing, don't worry. The smell does not stick around once the product has dried on your skin.

Anyway, I use this when I am sweaty, when my skin looks dry, when I need a little boost, I have even used in on the long between car rides to spritz as a sort of pick me up to keep me awake! And it works wonderfully for all of these uses! At 7 USD for a 4 ounce bottle, it is a steal! I always have one of these in my purse and one on my dresser, that is how much I love this facial spray! I will forever be repurchasing.

Top Rated Mario Badescu Products