October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Toners - Mario Badescu - Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Read the awesome reviews before making my purchase on Hautelook. Mario Badescu products pop up in Hautelook quite a bit, so if you are interested in this spray, you should definitely check Hautelook frequently.

There are many reviews out there comparing this spray to MAC's FixPlus. All the reviews I read like the rosewater spray much better. I don't have the MAC spray, so when this came up in Hautelook, I jumped at the chance.

First, second and third uses - I used this spray as my final setting spray when I applied my full face make-up. I normally use Skindinavia's Bridal Makeup Spray as my final step (that stuff is my HG by the way). It looked fine, it sucked in my powder, so my skin looked dewy. At the end of my day, probably between 5-8 hours after applying my makeup, I looked in the mirror and my foundation crept into the sides of my nose and under my eyes. I did my normal foundation routine and with the Skindinavia spray, this never ever happened. I would have makeup on for way longer too.

After using the spray as my finishing spray and not liking it. I decided to just go ahead and use it after I showered as a toner, before my moisturizer. I really just wanted to use it all up and not waste money (it was not returnable on Hautelook). I used it this way for probably three, maybe four days. So I had this spray for a little more than a week and used it in some way everyday since having it.... I started to get bumps on my cheeks, when I touched my face it was not smooth, it was bumpy, like small hives. No pimples ever formed. So I stopped using the spray and in a few days, all the bumps went away. I don't know if I'm allergic to something in the spray, or it was just clogging my pores. I have no clue.

Anyhew, I gave both bottles to my sister in law because she was interested in trying a spray similar to this. Her opinion is, it's nothing special. She keeps the spray in the fridge and busts it out when it's a hot day. It hasn't broken her out. She dislikes the scent.

We both have super oily skin and don't find that this spray benefits us at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

In LOVE with this! I can't believe it's so inexpensive! I have dry acne prone skin and was looking for a rose water mist/toner to help moisturizer my skin and not break me out. I wash my makeup off with a facial cleanser that dries my skin out a little so afterwards I spray w the facial mist and its perfectly moisturized without feeling greasy or rubbing thick moisturizer on when it's hot and humid out. This product is definitely a score! $7 or so at ULTA! I'm going to buy one for makeup kit as well to replace my fix + This spray makes me want to try all of Mario's products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really like this stuff. I got it because i had a gift card and it was basically free, I wasn't expecting much out of it when I got it. But I was pleasantly surprised. It moisturizes my face a little (i dont even have to use lotion on my face when I spray this on, but I do anyway) and makes me look fresh and dewy. I think it has improved my skin a lot too. I dont have terrible skin but my face seems brighter and my skin feels clearer. It smells good (although the smell lasts very briefly) and is very refreshing feeling on the face. I would definitely buy this again, it's pretty cheap considering how long it lasts. I've been using it for 3 months and have been very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this spray!! It helps absorb my moisturizer better, it helps set my makeup and I generally use it all the time! Morning, at work, after cleansing! The smell is also lovely and refreshing!
Great price too, I keep one at home and one in my handbag always for touch ups throughout the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Raech16

Love this stuff my face doesn't seem dry since I've been using it.... Great value as well!! 👍

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by jaseyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this stuff.
I purchased it because it was the cheapest setting spray at Ulta, but it's truly awesome.
I love the smell- so pleasant.
I have dry skin and this is hydrating and sets my makeup and makes it last longer.
I have also used this as a refreshing spray after and before moisturizer.
A really cool use for this is to spray a spray into the cap and dip either an eyeshadow brush or an eyeliner brush into the liquid and make either a liquid liner or foil your eyeshadow.
It works really well.
I enjoy how refreshing this is as a makeup setting spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lucilletwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product. I use it to set my make-up, and it provides a lovely dewey look. Please note: Another reviewer mentioned that it contains propylene glycol (glycerin) and claimed that propylene glycol was used as a de-icer. Propylene glycol is not to be confused with ethylene glycol (antifreeze). They are not the same thing, and the most recent research shows that vegetable glycerine in diluted forms is a wonderful humectant. It is not antifreeze.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this spray! I'm fairly new to the brand, as I'm usually a luxury buyer (La Mer, Lancme, etc) but am not devoted to any one brand. I use this spray every day. One of the best uses is spritzing your face and neck after you shower to keep your skin damp while toweling off, etc. I then pat it in and apply a serum and moisturizer. It basically also acts as a toner, leaving my skin dewy and supple. It has a really refreshing, pleasant scent which I enjoy. I also find myself spritzing myself in the evening when I get home for a pick-me-up. It awakens both my skin and my senses. This spray is gentle, refreshing, and shockingly affordable.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by victoriaaa622

I use this exactly for what it's for. To set my makeup, and freshen up my face. Gets rid of oil too. And the $7 bottle lasts for months!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Juhtima

When I first purchased this I was actually planning to use it as a refresher for the upcoming warm weather. To my surprise, it has done more to my skin than I ever dreamed. I had some hormonal inflammation around my hairline and chin and this really helped to soothe the redness. I don't know if it's the herbs or rose essence; but, whatever it is, it's amazeballs. I use this morning and night before moisturizer; it helps my treatment products (zit meds) to absorb quicker and efficiently, and I like the fresh floral smell. Though I do like this product, I would like to try the Caudalie grape water mist before I make my final judgements on facial mists since I'm a huge Caudalie fan.