October 24, 2014 | 1010 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never a vaseline girl as I always think the product is too oily. Then, I devided to buy a jar on a whim because it was on sale at my local drug store. I thought I could still use it on my elbows and knees if all else fail. So far, I have tried many uses with this with different results.

Face:
I have oily/combination skin that is quite acne-prone. I am highly cautious about what products to put on my face. I have not tried to spread it all over yet but i have had success with it when dabbing it around the dry areas around my mouth after applying a night cream. I read a review here about sealing eyecream with this and I am willing to give it a try. It makes sense since Vaseline basically seals off all the moiture to make sure your skin absorbs it all. I also coated my lashes with vaseline a few times. I feel it is a bit too heavy and messy for me and my vision tends to be blurry because of this.

Lips:
I have always used Kielh's No.1 lip balm. I noticed that the main ingredient is patrolium jelly. Although it works well during the most months of the year, it is not enough for the harsh winter here. Lately, I start to experiment with different oils. I would dab my lips with sweet almond oil at night and top it up with some Vaseline. My lips are baby soft the next morning.

Hands/Nails/Cuticles:
I tried to apply it around my cuticles a few times at night. The problem here is that it cannot seem to be absorbed by my hand at all so it is quite messy. Same thing happens in general when I apply it on my hands. Unless i can cover them with gloves, otherwise, everywhere I touch has vaseline there.

I believe this one jar can last me a very long time if not forever. It is great for elbows, heels and knees but can get messy everywhere else. Still, it is a must-have in anyone's bathroom cabinet as it is cheap and versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Use it as a night cream/moisturizer. Perfect for slathering at night and light application on cheeks under sunscreen. Good for light glow on cheeks as highlight everyday and heavy application for photo shoots. Can't live without it, use it for knees, elbows, ankles, lips, and eyes when I want that glossy look. Does not give me pimples, used it for years. Coming up with new uses everyday! Not good as makeup remover though, since the oil does not rise off, but good for very stubborn eye makeup sparingly. Very cheap, no need for expensive night creams for me, oh, also have sensitive skin (allergic to polyester for heavens sake, imagine!) yet no reaction to it..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Salois

I used this as a makeup remover for YEARS, and for years I broke out, tried everything, nothing worked.

I stopped using vaseline to remove makeup, and the breakouts are GONE. I only get the occasional pimple when I am PMS'ed now. Never imagined it was the eye makeup remover I was using.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by SweetTalk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't love without it! I literally use it for everything:
dry lips
makeup removing
soften my elbows/heels/cuticals
around my forhead and ears when I dye my hair
helped heal my tattoo
on my hands at night b/c i wash my hands/sanitize them about 50 times a day at work
if you fight it prevents pressure cuts (lol)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The vaseline inside is just vaseline, and can be used with everything, as every vaseline purchaser knows. I love the new packaging :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dry patches of skin, my chapped lips, hard cuticles, blah blah blah. Love it. Can't live w/o it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by taznim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Starsandbutterfliezx

I love vaseline, especially for my lips! It's just one of those products which really does work, but without having to spend a fortune on it. In the uk we have these little tins of vaseline and we also have tubs now (like the nivea ones). I really like the green tin of vaseline which is vaseline wirh aloe vera! It is really moisturizing, it's basically vaseline, but even better! We also have vaseline rosy lips (in a pink tin) which is also a great product which add a hint of pink, rosy colour, as the name suggests! I am going to be trying one of the new tube forms and I am either going to get the rosy lips or the aloe vera one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

a great product, so universal and cheap.
whats not to like?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is fantastic for dry skin. It just gets rid of dryness overnight. I did use it as a lip balm, but it sorta broke me out around my lips. I know it is supposed to be non-comedogenic, but that could also mean that vaseline doesn't cause acne, but it can make your existing acne (resulting from stress, other products, hormones, ect...) way worse. Now I use it on my hands at night and it really hydrates skin VERY WELL like u can feel it protecting the next morning.