October 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Calming Cleansing Solution

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by emm_1606

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is amazing ! I use it daily, in the morning, and I "pshitt" thermal water after. It left my really sensible skin calm and beautiful !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 12:48:00 AM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

No adverse reaction to this product, but it doesn't remove makeup (especially eye makeup) well :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 8:04:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this cleanser. Although it was meant for sensitive skin, it caused me a rash that took a day to dissapear. It also left a greasy, sticy feeling on my face that was far from attractive. The rose smell was the only pleasant thing about this cleanser. It didn't clean that well either and you really need to rub it to get the make up off. Overall yukk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all I was amazed at the price- 300ml for 9.50 euros, I thought that was a steal. I wear heavy make-up daily, so I need sth effective. I noticed I don't go through alot of cotton pads when using this, so I'm pleased about that. I don't use it for eyemake-up remover, I prefer sth more strong, only use this when wearing light eye make-up. I do feel as though I'm using a toner with this, so i think I'll also use a milky cleanser abit in the beginning and finish off with this to feel that super clean feeling. Overall a nice product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I used this for quite awhile and don't know why I changed. It is really good stuff. I used it after cleansing to remove any makeup residue instead of a toner. The SA told me this is what they use in the store when doing makeovers. I like the fact that there is a tiny hole in the top so you don't dispense too much. Does not aggravate acne and doesn't dry out skin. Come to think, I think I will go back to this - much milder than the witch hazel I'm now on. Reasonable price for large 300 ml bottle. EDIT Feb/06 Back onto this product and love it. Use at night and follow with hazelnut or jojoba oil and hot wet washcloth. No more soap and water for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become essential in my daily skincare routine. I use this to wipe away my mascara and makeup - 20 seconds. I follow up with my cleanser. My skin is pretty good, but I will spend an extra 20 secs loosening up my makeup. I hate 'toners'. I like the feeling of 'washing' my face clean, so I prefer using a product before cleansing rather than after.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by liquidhonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyemakeup remover I have ever used. It actually takes my makeup off instead of just spreading it around my face. Also, I have really sensitive eyes and this does not bother them. I use Aveeno positively radiant cleanser as my actual cleaser, but I would recommend this to anyone as an eyemakeup remover. Although it does cost $17.50 Canadian a bottle you get 300 ml of product. That is basically a years worth of eyemakeup remover for me. Also, for that amount it works out to be cheaper than most eyemakeup removers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2003 10:19:00 AM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE April 2007: Vichy has repackaged this item in smaller 200ml bottles. IIRC I paid $15.95 for the smaller bottle.I am repurchasing this cleanser again after trying Nuxe cleansing water and Avene cleansing water.I really like this as a AM cleanser.

Update Winter 2007 this product is longer available in Canada! I am using Avene Cleansing water and do not like it as much.

UPDATE FALL 2005

I am now using this as my AM cleanser. Much easier than Spectro Jel. I wipe with cotton pad; then splash water.

I was given a sample of this product from a SA at SDM. It is convenient to use. Recommended use is pour some on a cotton pad and wipe face and do NOT rinse. I refer to rinse. It does remove eye-makeup really well including Revlon lash tint that I had on my bottom lashes.

I was looking for an alternative to Sprecto Jel (Sprectro Jel is mild but does not take off eye makeup.)

It does contain fragrance (last ingredient)

Ingredients are: Aqua/water; hexylene glycol; glycerin; poloxamer
184; rose gallica; disodium cocaomphodiacetate; disodium edta; proplyene glycol; panthenol; dihydrocholethe 30; polaminonpropopyl biguanide; fragrance/parfum

I do really like this an eyemakeup remover. For that I give it a 5.

But the package instructions state to wipe your face with cotton and DO NOT RINSE. I am quite sensitve to fragrance and have had a reaction to fragrance from products in the past. Nice smell; feels soothing. Just be careful if you are really sensitive; I believe this product really over promises itself as a calming cleanser. It is alcohol free, colour free; soap free and nuetral PH.

I paid $16.95 CDN in 2003(less $5.00 coupon from SDM as I purchased two Vichy products.)

Update: I have decided to re-purchase.I really do like this as an eye-makeup remover. Yes there is cheaper options out there; but I like this for removing water resistant/sunscreen, liner gently around eyes.

Fall 2005 using as AM cleanser. Wipe with cotton pad; then splash water. Changed rating. overall now a 5.