November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second tub of this & loving it. A few months prior to trying this I was putting all kinds of chemicals on my skin in attempt to unclog my pores (under the skin bumps that have a chance of growing into a pustule, usually having two-three-four active white heads & then popped up several cysts) I was so sick of the dryness, redness and breaks out from Mario badescu glycolic cleanser, acne free 10% BP cream (full of junk that will clog you), clean and clear cream washes, clearasil salicylic acid pads (horrid made me an oily monster). I have never broken out so badly in my life. To those of you dealing with congestion beneath the skin I think this regimen will really help you. It was the only thing that calmed my skin. I have not a single active breakout on my face hallelujah!!

I went to return the Mario cleanser at the nordstrom counter. The lady was surprised someone had sold me that. She told me to head to Walmart for this $4 cleansing cream. The ingredients scared me a bit but its done nothing but help my skin.

WHITE VINEGAR if you can get past the smell it is well worth it.

This is what cleared me up...
-Morning & Night-

-WHITE VINEGAR (go over face with a soaked cotton ball, getting a new ball every time it gets soiled, until all face make up is off). This softens the plugs (they will turn white-ish), almost reminds me of your fingers softened by the bath.
-NOXEMA while plugs are softened apply a generous layer of original cleansing cream, leave on for your shower (or steam face for 10 mins to open pores) After, remove with warm wash cloth. Dont srub the skin if some plugs still remain. It will take a week or so. You will see results.
-WHITE VINEGAR again, diluted this time to 3/4 vinegar, 1/4 water.
-ALOE. Aloe as a moisturizer will combat redness & irritation. As well as keep the skin soft & pores clear.
I use Lily of the Desert 99% aloe gel ( i would recommend a pure aloe gel from a health foods store)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupbreakup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is breaking out badly at the moment and since this is one of the most reviewed products I decided to try it. A large tub of this cream sells for 3-4 dollars. The tub is huge!! It would probably last up to 5 months with regular use. I use this as a cleanser after I have taken off my makeup. When I wash it off it gives me this nice tingly feeling, which I like. However, it makes my face feel a little waxy afterwards (like the waxy film on a cucumber...). I tried it out for a week and a half and got giant cystic acne on my forehead and cheeks. I'd say if you have good skin with not a lot of acne go for this. Otherwise, stick to other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by fromthepasttothefuture

I love this stuff. When I first started using it, my face was all blotchy red and uneven, not to mention the dirt in my pores. Within days of using Noxzema, my color problem cleared up as well as my acne was beginning to get better. I've now been using the same tub for about a month and I'm only halfway through it. I also found that Noxzema works wonders at getting rid of sunburns; just rub a little in and let it sit and within days the redness has nearly completely vanished.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

I have been using this cream for about two years now. It smells so good. So fresh and clean. I use it as a face mask before bed. What I do is remove my makeup using a washcloth, apply a very thick layer of this all over my skin and wait for it to dry completely. Then I wash my face and moisturize. I find that this reduces the swelling of pimples and reduces the size of pores on the nose and cheeks. I have also noticed it fading most of my hyperpigmentation from my earlier teens. This comes in a big tub for only $3. Once I got two for $5 at Walmart. This is an absolute steal. I also hear it's good for wrinkles but I don't have any yet but I'll keep using this till I'm 100!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for about a year now. It works well I believe with all skins types and also for me it has prevented or clear breakouts. I use it as a mask before going to bed I cover my face with the product and leave it on until it dries. Then I will use a washcloth and rinse/lightly scrub the product off as well as dead skin cells. It works well with pimples that have a white head but under skin pimples what I suffer from it only reduces swelling. The smell isn't so bad and the consistency of it is nice and thick and easy to use. My mom uses it and so do I! It is a great product and should be shared! Hope this helps!❤

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by aikenha5

After almost a decade of trying clean&clear, clearisil, biore, neutrogena, even proactive and all the other brands out there to clear up my acne and having it not work or not work long term, I finally gave into my moms suggestions o Noxema... And it has worked miracles!!! I wash with it day and night, and my skin stays clear... It's such a relief to finally have found a solution, especially a cheap one!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, Noxema did not work well for my skin (perioral dermatitis, combination). It didn't irritate it on initial wash and the cooling effect was really nice and refreshing. However, it left this waxy film that made my skin flaky and dull. I tried just rinsing it off as well as removing it with a warm wash cloth. Both ways still resulted in flakes. After a few uses my skin did start to get irritated (whether it was due to the product residue or the exfoliation from the wash cloth, I'm not sure). If it had worked it would have been a blessing because of the price. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by wowGlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tub of this stuff. I used to think acne could only be treated with harsh chemicals, and therefore for 10 years I tried every prescription medication and over the counter product you can think of, as well as oral antibiotics. After I had the worst cystic acne breakout of my entire life (all over cheeks, jaw, and chin), that kept me out of school for 2 weeks, I decided I needed to do something drastic. After A LOT of research, I decided to give this a try, maybe clean out my pores first before I started any other treatment. To my surprise, Noxzema started the first real turnaround for my skin in a decade, where I started seeing real improvement on my constantly bumpy, red, uneven skin. Because It was cystic acne, when I initially started using it my skin underwent a very drastic purge, with whiteheads forming on every blemish as the noxzema brought all the impurities to the surface. HOWEVER, that was the best indication I could have had that it was working, and no severe breakouts have plagued me since!! My regimen was:

-Apply noxzema to clean, dry face and rub in until the white stuff is absorbed. Rinse with warm water.
-Apply tea tree oil directly onto each blemish to further kill the bacteria
-Finish with a very neutral moisturizer, like cetaphil

My skin is only getting better. A warning though, my skin is VERY oily and NOT sensitive at all. This may only be effective if you can say the same for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product, simply put. I've seen it on the shelf and passed it over so many times, and I regret doing so now, because it's made more difference in my skin than pretty much any other product I've used. I've found so many benefits from this product that I'll just list them, honestly.

1. Basic- cleanses my face very well. I just scoop out a tiny amount (you really only need a small amount- I used to take out a bunch but it was unnecessary and wasted product) and apply it onto my wet face with my hands, massaging it in for a minute. Then I splash my face ten times with cold water, dry, and done. My face isn't stripped, my pores are small and clean, the menthol is very refreshing.
2. Cuts down on a lot of other products for me. Because of its creaminess, my skin feels moisturized even after I clean it, which means I've largely eliminated moisturizer. Once or twice when my skin felt a little tight, I applied a tiny bit of aloe vera, and done. Plus, because my skin has improved so much, I use much less foundation, and sometimes just skip it. If I want to look polished, I'll apply a little bit of tinted moisturizer, and save the foundation for the big nights.
3. Soooo cheap. So cheap. 4-5 bucks for 12oz that lasted me a month, when I was scooping out enough for two washes at once. I could see my new tub lasting me over two months.
4. My skin looks fantastic. It's clear, my pores are smaller, my acne pigmentation is fading pretty rapidly, and my blackheads, which had been hanging out around my nose for a year, are gone.
5. Makes my skin much less oily. I would usually get oily after 4-5 hours, now I can last 7-8 hours before I need to do something about it.

Honestly, this product has done so much for me. My skin is somewhat oily, and my friend, who introduced me, has very dry skin. It's worked for both of us. This won't hurt your wallet at all, so unless your skin is incredibly sensitive, I can't recommend this enough.

Edit: I've discovered a new use for this! I had a couple of nasty, small bumps on my chin and as a serial skin picker (I know- yuck), I got a dark, healing scar over them. After I picked that off (super gross), I was really worried the resulting scar would be even darker, so I applied a thin layer of Noxzema over it. It disappeared into my skin pretty fast and I forgot about it. I did it again today, and now, almost nothing. The bumps are pretty much gone, and while there's the tiniest bit of discoloration, it was nothing compared to the scar tissue I scratched off yesterday.

I don't like using the term "miracle" for anything, but I think it may apply to this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by itsnotmakeupitsme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My skin is oily breakout prone(slightly combination) with a strong tendency towards clogging. To be honest, its hard for me to get a good routine with my skin. As oily as it is, it easily dries out with acne products which usually keeps me from using them very long.

I started using the Noxzema about a month ago, with little expectations other than to get my skin clean and remove my makeup. I actually like the smell, always have, but I can admit its not for everyone! I find it cooling and refreshing. Morning and night I apply about the amount of a half a large cherry (give or take) and I let it set on my skin until its dryish, as I apply I massage it in really well. After its dry I take a little water in my hands and then massage my face again. This helps satisfy my love of lather. It doesn't lather but it rehydrates back to its original state, its close enough. I also make a point of massaging it with the water, and of course I rinse it off. It does remove my makeup well. If I am wearing especially heavy makeup I will wash my face twice but it not usually needed. I just do it to be extra sure my skin is clean.

I do find it feels a little bit like it leaves a slight residue, after a little time I don't seem to notice it and it doesn't seem to impact my makeup application.

After a month of using it my skin has improved a lot!! I went from consistent breakouts to occasional, almost none. My oil is under control, my skin is approaching "normal" territory!! I do use it in conjunction with BP 10%, I only use the BP every other day or every few days. If I use it too much my skin does start to dry out with the combination of the Noxzema and the BP but I think the two together are part of what has improved my skin.

Like I said, my skin is oily. I am not sure how this would work on dry skin or if you are using a lot of other acne products but I am sold for my skin. I am so happy to have found a combination that doesn't strip or scorch my skin.

So between the BP and the Noxzema I am out about 10 bux a month! Not bad for results I am getting!!

UPDATE: 7/25/13 Still using and still doing well! Even if I do get a spot it clears up in about 1/5 of the time it used to take! Skin texture appearance also improving. Overall skin appearance improving. Will try to continue to update. I did add salicylic acid nightly, together with the BP it is working deeper to prevent and clear blackheads/congested pores.