August 20, 2014 | 1957 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by aikenha5

After almost a decade of trying clean&clear, clearisil, biore, neutrogena, even proactive and all the other brands out there to clear up my acne and having it not work or not work long term, I finally gave into my moms suggestions o Noxema... And it has worked miracles!!! I wash with it day and night, and my skin stays clear... It's such a relief to finally have found a solution, especially a cheap one!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, Noxema did not work well for my skin (perioral dermatitis, combination). It didn't irritate it on initial wash and the cooling effect was really nice and refreshing. However, it left this waxy film that made my skin flaky and dull. I tried just rinsing it off as well as removing it with a warm wash cloth. Both ways still resulted in flakes. After a few uses my skin did start to get irritated (whether it was due to the product residue or the exfoliation from the wash cloth, I'm not sure). If it had worked it would have been a blessing because of the price. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by wowGlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tub of this stuff. I used to think acne could only be treated with harsh chemicals, and therefore for 10 years I tried every prescription medication and over the counter product you can think of, as well as oral antibiotics. After I had the worst cystic acne breakout of my entire life (all over cheeks, jaw, and chin), that kept me out of school for 2 weeks, I decided I needed to do something drastic. After A LOT of research, I decided to give this a try, maybe clean out my pores first before I started any other treatment. To my surprise, Noxzema started the first real turnaround for my skin in a decade, where I started seeing real improvement on my constantly bumpy, red, uneven skin. Because It was cystic acne, when I initially started using it my skin underwent a very drastic purge, with whiteheads forming on every blemish as the noxzema brought all the impurities to the surface. HOWEVER, that was the best indication I could have had that it was working, and no severe breakouts have plagued me since!! My regimen was:

-Apply noxzema to clean, dry face and rub in until the white stuff is absorbed. Rinse with warm water.
-Apply tea tree oil directly onto each blemish to further kill the bacteria
-Finish with a very neutral moisturizer, like cetaphil

My skin is only getting better. A warning though, my skin is VERY oily and NOT sensitive at all. This may only be effective if you can say the same for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product, simply put. I've seen it on the shelf and passed it over so many times, and I regret doing so now, because it's made more difference in my skin than pretty much any other product I've used. I've found so many benefits from this product that I'll just list them, honestly.

1. Basic- cleanses my face very well. I just scoop out a tiny amount (you really only need a small amount- I used to take out a bunch but it was unnecessary and wasted product) and apply it onto my wet face with my hands, massaging it in for a minute. Then I splash my face ten times with cold water, dry, and done. My face isn't stripped, my pores are small and clean, the menthol is very refreshing.
2. Cuts down on a lot of other products for me. Because of its creaminess, my skin feels moisturized even after I clean it, which means I've largely eliminated moisturizer. Once or twice when my skin felt a little tight, I applied a tiny bit of aloe vera, and done. Plus, because my skin has improved so much, I use much less foundation, and sometimes just skip it. If I want to look polished, I'll apply a little bit of tinted moisturizer, and save the foundation for the big nights.
3. Soooo cheap. So cheap. 4-5 bucks for 12oz that lasted me a month, when I was scooping out enough for two washes at once. I could see my new tub lasting me over two months.
4. My skin looks fantastic. It's clear, my pores are smaller, my acne pigmentation is fading pretty rapidly, and my blackheads, which had been hanging out around my nose for a year, are gone.
5. Makes my skin much less oily. I would usually get oily after 4-5 hours, now I can last 7-8 hours before I need to do something about it.

Honestly, this product has done so much for me. My skin is somewhat oily, and my friend, who introduced me, has very dry skin. It's worked for both of us. This won't hurt your wallet at all, so unless your skin is incredibly sensitive, I can't recommend this enough.

Edit: I've discovered a new use for this! I had a couple of nasty, small bumps on my chin and as a serial skin picker (I know- yuck), I got a dark, healing scar over them. After I picked that off (super gross), I was really worried the resulting scar would be even darker, so I applied a thin layer of Noxzema over it. It disappeared into my skin pretty fast and I forgot about it. I did it again today, and now, almost nothing. The bumps are pretty much gone, and while there's the tiniest bit of discoloration, it was nothing compared to the scar tissue I scratched off yesterday.

I don't like using the term "miracle" for anything, but I think it may apply to this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by itsnotmakeupitsme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My skin is oily breakout prone(slightly combination) with a strong tendency towards clogging. To be honest, its hard for me to get a good routine with my skin. As oily as it is, it easily dries out with acne products which usually keeps me from using them very long.

I started using the Noxzema about a month ago, with little expectations other than to get my skin clean and remove my makeup. I actually like the smell, always have, but I can admit its not for everyone! I find it cooling and refreshing. Morning and night I apply about the amount of a half a large cherry (give or take) and I let it set on my skin until its dryish, as I apply I massage it in really well. After its dry I take a little water in my hands and then massage my face again. This helps satisfy my love of lather. It doesn't lather but it rehydrates back to its original state, its close enough. I also make a point of massaging it with the water, and of course I rinse it off. It does remove my makeup well. If I am wearing especially heavy makeup I will wash my face twice but it not usually needed. I just do it to be extra sure my skin is clean.

I do find it feels a little bit like it leaves a slight residue, after a little time I don't seem to notice it and it doesn't seem to impact my makeup application.

After a month of using it my skin has improved a lot!! I went from consistent breakouts to occasional, almost none. My oil is under control, my skin is approaching "normal" territory!! I do use it in conjunction with BP 10%, I only use the BP every other day or every few days. If I use it too much my skin does start to dry out with the combination of the Noxzema and the BP but I think the two together are part of what has improved my skin.

Like I said, my skin is oily. I am not sure how this would work on dry skin or if you are using a lot of other acne products but I am sold for my skin. I am so happy to have found a combination that doesn't strip or scorch my skin.

So between the BP and the Noxzema I am out about 10 bux a month! Not bad for results I am getting!!

UPDATE: 7/25/13 Still using and still doing well! Even if I do get a spot it clears up in about 1/5 of the time it used to take! Skin texture appearance also improving. Overall skin appearance improving. Will try to continue to update. I did add salicylic acid nightly, together with the BP it is working deeper to prevent and clear blackheads/congested pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I am really enjoying this product so far. In just a weeks time I have already seen a difference. I generally don't get too much acne but lately my skin has been acting up more than normal so I started using this and it worked pretty quickly. My skin isn't too prone to drying out but feels great so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cRod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worked wonders! I suffered a really bad sun burn on my face. Someone recommended I start washing my face with this product to treat the sun burn. Three washes later and it had peeled off the damaged skin. I went from a sunburn to the appearance of a healthy glow! Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Favorite cleanser! Cheap but works great. Love the feel and texture of it. Works like a charm every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by mperez14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always come back to this product. It's my HG! I always venture off and try new products but I end up with clogged pores and unhappy skin. I get clogged pores very easily and I can't even use a moisturizer because of it. Luckily with noxzema I don't have to worry about that because it never leaves my face dry and it always clears up my acne and clogged pores! Also I have very oily skin and I live in Texas where the summer's are scorching hot, this helps my skin stay in check. Can't be without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this facial cleanser a lot. This is definitely a classic cleansing cream. This cleanser doesn't lather yet it cleans my face thoroughly. It also washes off my make up thoroughly. Love the refreshing tingle but I'm not a fan of the overpowering medicinal smell. All in all still a great cleanser and this doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which is an added bonus.