LUSH Figs and leaves soap

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So, as I peruse the Lush website more and more and actually look at the ingredients that are in all of their products, I am becoming increasingly disheartened. This is the only soap I could find that does not contain sodium laurel sulfate. I didn't know this when I purchased it though, I just loved the scent- and it is truly amazing, for me anyway. I did have a ton of seeds in my bar, but I enjoyed that part of it and found exfoliating with it a treat. As soaps go, I like this and will probably repurchase because it cleanses well and makes my bathroom smell absolutely amazing. I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin though, because there are perfumes and essential oils that could be quite irritating to some. Overall, a decent soap that is indecently priced that I will more than likely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love figs and leaves!! I tend not to like scents that are too overpowering, so this soap is perfect for me. It smells really fresh and light. It leaves me feeling clean and soft, and I find that it is very moisturizing for my sensitive skin. It is a good gentle exfoliator as well. I will definitely buy this one again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the WORST soap I've used in my life.
Mainly, if you have sensitive skin - - Watch Out.
I broke out in a rash over most of my body especially around the ears and my chest but also backs of hands, wrists, back of neck.....
It was the only new thing I was using. Then I used it once more to prove that was the problem - It Was.....
My husband has normal skin and did not breat out - but he hated the look and smell of the soap.
In the trash it went.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i am not a soapy girl i like body wash ,shower gels and smoothie but this soap just works wonder on my skin it makes my skin like silk and gives a nice glow,i just love the smell but its bit pricy and doesnt last long but i just love it will keep buying as long as they keep making this

Unfortunately, this soap does not create shower magic or whatever else you might expect for the price. It smell and cleans the same way a nameless brand would. The seeds which garner so much hype were not present in any of my large chunks. The main reason aside from price and performance that ceases my need to repurchase? There seems to be a irritant that caused an uncomfortable itch for the entire day. Not on my favorites list, even though LUSH is the best store since... Comparison please? ;)

The house I grew up in had fig trees, but the smell of this soap does not remind me of them at all, fresh or dried. Of all the lush soaps I have tried, this one smells the soapiest. it has some sweet notes, but mostly I just smell soap.

I like this soap for hand washing. The fig seeds act as an abrasive to build a good lather and get your hands really clean. But I would not use it for body. The seeds are too big to exfoliate and too small to massage, they only really work for hand washing.

Also, something that really bothers be is the leaves. They are not fig leaves. I think they're maybe grape or possibly even maple. Doesnt really matter, just kind of bugs me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried this after reading the reviews. Do not get what the raves were about. Will not buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great smelling, lathers beautifully, exfoliates.

I use it as a cellulite massager on my trouble spots in the shower! The seeds give it just the right texture. Works great!

The smell of this is what I love most. I love the all natural ingredients and all, but the only thing I wish is that the scent lasted on you after a shower...didn't linger much for me. But other than that its great, exfoliates a little also

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

After reading endless reviews about this line I was finally able to visit a LUSH store while I was on vacation.

I went to the counter and looked around. I went directly to the most popular LUSH soaps I had read about such as rock star , honey I washed the kids, and karma.

Needless to say I really don't understand why there is such hype when it comes to these soaps. I did not find the rock star one to smell like pink candy or anything close to sweet ... it just has an "eh" scent to it.

The sales lady asked what I was looking for and I asked her to suggest a soap that would be hydrating and leave my skin soft. She suggested Figs and Leaves. I bought a hunk of soap, of course not realizing how much it would come out to .. my total was $12.39

The soap is a little pricey but not much - the one positive thing about this soap is that is has a very clean natural scent. So the whole time I had it in my luggage it made everything smell so nice and clean.

I finally had a chance to use it and it was okay ... it did leave my skin a little dry. The scent did linger upon my skin. The hunk of soap I got has mostly seeds so no leaves anywhere .. it does not hurt to use or anything.

Would I buy this soap again ? I said yes because I now know to buy a small piece so I will not be paying so much & I can also just let it breathe in any room and it becomes a room freshner'. :)

Again LUSH is over rated in my eyes ... all the reviews on here and on YouTube made it seem like it was the most amazing soaps ever .. when they are not ' ... again its just the hype.

So if you are like me and fell for the hype... just get it out of your system and go to a LUSH store and buy a small piece of soap. Trust me ... its no big deal. It's just SOAP. :0)