October 31, 2014 | 1028 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Figs and leaves soap

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by evange

The house I grew up in had fig trees, but the smell of this soap does not remind me of them at all, fresh or dried. Of all the lush soaps I have tried, this one smells the soapiest. it has some sweet notes, but mostly I just smell soap.

I like this soap for hand washing. The fig seeds act as an abrasive to build a good lather and get your hands really clean. But I would not use it for body. The seeds are too big to exfoliate and too small to massage, they only really work for hand washing.

Also, something that really bothers be is the leaves. They are not fig leaves. I think they're maybe grape or possibly even maple. Doesnt really matter, just kind of bugs me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by gb281

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this after reading the reviews. Do not get what the raves were about. Will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

Great smelling, lathers beautifully, exfoliates.

I use it as a cellulite massager on my trouble spots in the shower! The seeds give it just the right texture. Works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sweetntangy51

The smell of this is what I love most. I love the all natural ingredients and all, but the only thing I wish is that the scent lasted on you after a shower...didn't linger much for me. But other than that its great, exfoliates a little also

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Asani74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading endless reviews about this line I was finally able to visit a LUSH store while I was on vacation.

I went to the counter and looked around. I went directly to the most popular LUSH soaps I had read about such as rock star , honey I washed the kids, and karma.

Needless to say I really don't understand why there is such hype when it comes to these soaps. I did not find the rock star one to smell like pink candy or anything close to sweet ... it just has an "eh" scent to it.

The sales lady asked what I was looking for and I asked her to suggest a soap that would be hydrating and leave my skin soft. She suggested Figs and Leaves. I bought a hunk of soap, of course not realizing how much it would come out to .. my total was $12.39

The soap is a little pricey but not much - the one positive thing about this soap is that is has a very clean natural scent. So the whole time I had it in my luggage it made everything smell so nice and clean.

I finally had a chance to use it and it was okay ... it did leave my skin a little dry. The scent did linger upon my skin. The hunk of soap I got has mostly seeds so no leaves anywhere .. it does not hurt to use or anything.

Would I buy this soap again ? I said yes because I now know to buy a small piece so I will not be paying so much & I can also just let it breathe in any room and it becomes a room freshner'. :)

Again LUSH is over rated in my eyes ... all the reviews on here and on YouTube made it seem like it was the most amazing soaps ever .. when they are not ' ... again its just the hype.

So if you are like me and fell for the hype... just get it out of your system and go to a LUSH store and buy a small piece of soap. Trust me ... its no big deal. It's just SOAP. :0)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I really like this soap. It is hard to describe the scent, but it is very fresh and clean and the best way I can describe the scent is just very natural. I found this soap lasts a little better than the Karma soap. Lush soaps are expensive, but I love to treat myself to them. This is one that I will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by macquadisiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I looove this scent. It is fresh, not sweet and overpowering like others. The seeds in it are just really really exfoliating, to the point where it is hard for me to use this soap. I like to lather it up in my hands/washcloth and then use that on my body, rather than apply the soap with the seeds directly to my skin. I did buy another small chunk of this, but I also asked the saleslady at LUSH what a good replacement soap would be (I told her my ideal would be figs&leaves minus the seeds). She recommended "emperor of icecream buttercream" which I am completely sold on! Check it out if you feel the same way I do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by karlayvonne

I LOVE this soap. it has a lovely scent that lingers on your skin afterwards. The scent is a clean soft smell. I have used Honey I washed the Kids, Rockstar, and Fig I love all three. But I think figs and leaves is more moisturizing then the other two. It has seeds in it that is not to rough in my opinion it gives you a nice massage and exfoliation. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kaisze

I really like this soap, the smell reminds me of a nice Autumn day. The smell is good and the soap is very creamy- lathers very well and goes on smoothly on the skin. I don't have a problem with the figs in it, makes me feel like my skin got a nice clean scrub out of it. After the shower the smell still stays onto your skin for a while and makes my skin deliciously soft!
Amazing stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by taiyounoao

This soap surprised me. The smell is not something i would think i'd like from the description but I think think it smells really nice. Very clean and fresh. It melts away not as fast as other creamy soaps but still pretty fast. I dont get as much lather or soap from this as I do from other Lush soaps because of the density of the seeds. So I have to use it directly on my skin rather than rubbing it into a loofah or washcloth first which is what I usually do because it makes the soap last longer. The seeds aren't like an exfoliating scrub but more of a massage, provided you don't press to hard. All and all, I love this soap and I will defiantly keep it stocked in my soap rotation.