November 27, 2014 | 1320 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Dark

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm NC37-40 combo skin (oily t-zone, normal cheeks) and Dark works fine with me...it doesn't transfer any extra colour onto your face and doesn't seem to mess up my makeup, I put it over my foundation. I like the compact and the fact there's a mirror included. This stuff is really pricey though, and 1 application will not keep my shine at bay all day, I still have to touch up about 2/3 times during my 9 hour Uni day which isn't so bad. It hasn't irritated my skin yet either....could possibly be my HG powder so far.

UPDATE: Doesn't keep me matte for long at all...an hour or two tops. When using this straight after applying my foundation, it looks too matte looking and leaves my combo skin looking dry. My compact shattered and broke into pieces really easily. Knocked off 2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Mclark05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this for years and I am been a firm believer since day one. I have oily skin and this product helps keep shine controlled. I may have to apply more than a few times a day (due to my skin), but it does do the job. One compact will last you a while as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Love, Love, Love it! I tend to get oily in the T-Zone area, and this powder keeps the oil off my face. I love the "natural" matte look it gives to my face. I don't wear foundation so I'm not sure how well they work together. Macy's did not have the Dark blot powder the last time I purchased this so the sales associate recommended Deep Dark. I have not noticed a difference in the colors or performance of the product. I highly recommend this product to keep "oilies" at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bdesai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally bought Blot for my very oily skin. I feel like I've tried everything out there and this was my last attempt! I LOVED it! It's the only thing that really made a dent in my oil and was a nice, light formula...if it had SPF, it would be everything I wanted, BUT
This seems to be the cause of breakouts for me. I used it for about a week when I got it and broke-out. I stopped for a couple of weeks so I could clear up and sure enough, more breakouts.
I can't tell you how upsetting this was! I'm being stubborn and going to give it one more try b/f I return.
So, does anyone have any other suggestions out there? I've tried Prescriptives (too orange), Shiseido (not bad but nothing in oil control compared to Blot) and a long list of others...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I am 22 and just graduated college and am so upset with myself that I hadn't tried this before. I have been plagued with very oily skin since before I started wearing makeup. I started my first job recently and had to look for something to keep me from having to mop up my face all day. This is definitely that. Now, by no means do I not need a touch up throughout the day, but there is a significant difference. I always thought that my studio fix would keep oil at bay because it was a powder. How wrong I have been. I've purchased MUFE's super matte powder too but have yet to try it. I wonder what I will like best...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by saralyn813

I've only used this for one day so far, but im loving it. I got it in dark even though my skin is not that dark, but since its so sheer, it gives me a tan look and seems to get keep the shine away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by vandael

I don't know how I went so long without using blot powder... but after struggling with an oily nose and t-zone, I went in to MAC and finally picked up this sleek little compact. This powder has amazing staying power. I was able to stay oil-free for AT LEAST four hours. It makes my skin smooth and matte, but without caking. Definitely worth the $20! But as previously mentioned, the janky puff that comes in the compact is pretty useless. You're better off using a powder brush... it's way more hygienic. Also, this compact doesn't travel very well. The powder will piece off and break if it's tossed around or mishandled. Will be purchasing again very soon. Maybe even in multiples :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by leo36

This product delivers and does what it's supposed to: blot oil! I use this underneath my other Mac pressed powder (has more coverage), and also to blot up oilies once a day. If you are looking for something to help keep the oilies at bay this is it. I don't think this product was made for coverage, etc...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by chillyjihye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder does blot the oil very well. But that's it. I have an fair asian skin but I live in TX and gets tanned easily..so i bought this shade. however...I thought the dark shade made my skin rather dirty looking. It really doesn't do anything special in my opinion. The sponge that comes with it is a waste of their manufacturing cost.. because whoever buys the powder case must throw it away! Other than that...blotting is good. I expected more than that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 11:50:00 PM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I caved and bought this product. I waited a week after using it everyday to review and NO BREAKOUTS!!! I use this over mineral makeup, and I don't get shiney as easily. The trick is to blot excess oil off with a 1 ply tissue or something (why spend $ on blot paper?) because then you're just layering powder over grease from your face then use a powder brush to apply. I stay matte SO much longer than usual and my skin looks natural! Im and nc43 and dark works well. I only have to reapply twice in a day, and I stay matte but not fake matte. This is such an improvement for my oily skin! Also, this contains no talc like that dreaded studio fix fyi :]