Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

4.4

I'm so in love with this lipstick. Like most of the reviews have said, the colour looks so blah in the tube, but somehow comes alive on the lips to create a very pretty rosy flushed look. I can see how this colour works better for medium skin-toned brunettes. The colour is a complex rosey-brownish-red, I really can't describe it well. The quality is the same as the other Super Lustrous lipsticks I've tried: pigmented, soft, doesn't smudge all over the place, it's just wonderful. Packing is sleek and it has perhaps one of the most important factors for me in a lipstick: no offensive fragrance.

I also really like Super Lustrous' Deep Nude, which has a warmer, more reddish tone. I love it for the warmer months.

Absolutely Beautiful! This color can flatter many skintones. It is a warm/neutral rosy brownish red color. But definitely much muted shade of red. me: medium skin with yellow undertones. It immediately brightened my face. Great color for fall, winter or evening.

Sorry to be in the minority about this product but the color was far, far too red and heavy for me. I thought it would be more raisiny and plummy due to the name, but on me it was a startling dark red, even when I tried to apply it lightly. Gave it 3 lippies for the great Revlon formula, but the color just didn't work. This will have to be returned, and I will stick with my Smoky Rose that works well for me.

I'll say at first that I am a huge fan of the Revlon Super Lustrous formula so I'm not going to go into that as much as the color. I don't even know why I bought this color, but I was feeling like a treat today and tried it on my hand and thought, "why not? it looks like a 'grown up' color and I need more of those." This lipstick is soooo close to my perfect red. I know it doesn't look red in the tube but my lips are very pink, and things turn weird colors on my face. Rum Raisin looks boring brownish in the tube but it brightened my whole face and I felt like I had that "put together" look everyone in the magazines says a good lipstick is supposed to give you. I'm a PPP with natural light brown hair that is currently dyed a dark reddish-brown. I have a very rosy complexion that must have turned this neutral lipstick just pink enough. As it fades and my natural lips show through, it looks like a darkish pink, still very pretty. I love it, and I'm going to try some more shades like this in the future.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

A lovely warmish sepia tone. Shoppers Drug Mart had a wonderful sale - $4 each - so I went ona smash & grab. Wouldn't repurchse as it's a little too warm for my tone, but I can get away with it and it is a nice rich toasty colour without being too brown.

Great neutral color (I am a PPP). Revlon lipsticks are long-lasting and go on well. One of my favorites.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am a medium olive toned Asian girl and this lipstick looks awesome on me during winters ! Makes me look bright and fresh :) The percentage of red is just perfect for me.Definitely dark for summer but if you are a medium olive skinned person, give this a try !

I really wanted to like this lipstick but its just too dark for me, i have very pale skin and dark blonde hair. But the texture and feel is good.

I picked this up during a BOGOF at Walgreens and boy am I glad I did! I have grown tired of my eternal quest for the perfect neutral/brown lipstick (the closest I have come is L'Oreal Colour Riche "Sandstone"-- if you're NW20, dirty blonde, brown eyes, you should really check it out). Anyway, back to Rum Raisin.. I decided to stop buying light beige shimmery shades that usually don't work on me (I *almost* bought Champagne on Ice) and try something deeper-hued. I was initially attracted to the name because I was hungry at the time. Mmm, rum and raisins... sounds like bread pudding, I thought. It looked kind of so-so through the tube, but when I tried it on... wow. My whole face brightened. It's exactly the kind of color I've been looking for- a complimentary neutral that can be worn with just about anything. The color is a brick reddish brown with a very slight pink undertone, just like rum and raisins! And it lasts f - o - r - e - v - e - r. It fades to a nice stain and doesn't really wear off completely. Only minor complaint is that it might be a tad too drying without lip balm.

I'm really loving these Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks. I think this just might be HG status.

I agree with all the reviewers who said this lipstick was very pretty on brunettes. I love the warm strawberry-tinged brownish red (can't really describe the shade) of this lipstick, which warms up my fair/medium Asian skin tone and is very close to the colour of my moderately-pigmented lips when they flush. :) This lipstick is incredibly pigmented and lasts for hours, as well as fading to a lovely warm raspberry stain. I like to pat on the lipstick and blend with a lip brush or my fingers. For the price (S$16.90), this lipstick is fantastic quality - it doesn't feather or bleed on me even when I'm not using lipliner or lip primer. Like many of the reviewers, I like the see-through lid. I'm not sure I would buy this again because I want to try other brands of lipstick, but it's good to have in my stash.

Update 2009: This shade ended up being too intense for me and I haven't used it much. After getting tired of it sitting around, but not wanting to throw it away, I've discovered that applying a *very* thin layer of it with my fingers gives a more wearable stain. I also tone it down by applying a little with a brush over my Revlon SL Fleshtone lipstick. So I suppose I'll get more mileage out of this than I have so far, but will definitely not repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin