November 22, 2014 | 1516 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by th3amazingashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

first clarifying shampoo I've ever tried but I use it once a week. the smell is stinky but it doesn't linger. after washing with it my hair is dry and weird feeling but then j use my wen shampoo my hair feels.so clean and soft and wonderful. I will continue to use this I'm digging it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by theonlyjesinta

I bought this on sale and just tried it, it's great. I've been using kerestase bain de force protien shampoo for damaged hair and then using the matrix biolage ultra hydrating balm afterwards so once I week I need to clean out my hair. My hair is really damaged but I think this stuff is fairly gentle leaving my hair soft afterwards. And very clean and light feeling.

This is a very inexpensive great find. I definitely recommend. .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by teaggybear

Let me start off by saying that this product is AMAZING. I had so much build-up in my hair from my moisturizer shampoo that it made it limp and dull-looking. But I bought this and tried it and my hair feels so clean and soft! I only use this once a week just because it is a clarifying shampoo. It really helps to get all the gunk out of my hair after the week. I'm in love. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by koralam

Price:$8.99
I like this product. I works great at completely removing all the gunk that builds up in your hair. From built up hair products or dirt and oil. Be sure to only use this ONCE a week, unless you want straw hair. The only reasons for lipies taken off are the smell and the packaging. The scent to me for some reason reminds me of baby powder so not the best scent and it does linger in your hair for a couple hours. My advice would be to follow up with a hair mask to hide the scent if you dont like it. You should be following up with a hair mask either way because the shampoo is quite stripping and you will find your hair feeling pretty dry if you dont condition afterwards. The other lipie taken off is for the packaging. I really dont see this being a problem for too many people but its worth mentioning, the packaging is bulky. Its a wide bottle, so having only one small shelf in my shower it takes up a little too much space. All in all i recommend this product. It won't fail you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Lindsey2552

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

By far the best clarifying shampoo for the money. I have been using this since a teen. It is great for multiple reasons: Use is once a week to get rid of residue, it makes your other products work like new again (because it primes your hair), you only need a small amount so it lasts forever, if you are going to lighten your hair use this for a month it will strip some of the colour out so you don't need to be too harsh on your hair when you do lighten it and it smells nice and fresh!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I used this when I was a teenager once a week and it did wonders for my fine hair. I have oily roots and dry ends. I saw this on a store shelf a few weeks ago and remembering how awesome this shampoo was I decided to pick it up and try it again. Defiantly NOT the same shampoo from years ago. They must have changed the formula. I use sulfate free shampoos (Pureology) and before I blow dry I use a drop of matrix precious oil on my ends. I don't have alot of residue and build up but I have hard water that makes my hair look BLAH. I tried it once and it seemed to leave a weird film on my hair. I tried I a second time a week later and it did the same thing. I had bad hair days both days. And the smell lasted all day! A horrible hospital medicine smell. Yuck! I had better luck mixing a pinch of baking soda with my shampoo once a week. That gets rid of and buildup I may have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Shelberzzzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is amazing. I was sceptic because my hair is so fine and damaged, but since I use leave in conditioner everyday an let my hair air dry, I thought I'd try it out. It smells like a normal hotel shampoo (which I like) an literally made my hair so light and fresh. I will only use it once a month because my hair is so fine, but I am in love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been coming back to this shampoo over and over for years. It really is the best clarifying shampoo that I have tried. The smell is horrendous- it reeks of cheap motel shampoo. But it's worth it. I use it every week or two and my hair is always refreshed, soft, and free of gunk. I use it before my deep conditioning treatment, and it really intensifies the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use sulfate free shampoos on a regular basis and I usually coat my hair with many styling products/hair sprays. When my hair gets limp and feels dirty, doesnt hold a style, etc...I know it's time to bring out the Anti Residue shampoo. I'm NEVER without this. I use it every so often (1-3) times per month. The shampoo is very dryng if if you overdo it but used correctly, it will rid your hair of buildup and leave it shiny. I've used this since High school and it will always be a staple in my haircare arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this shampoo since elementary school and it is the only thing that has given me consistently good results. My hair is soft, smooth, shiny, bouncy, and just clean after using it. I love it. It is a staple in my shower :)