April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish - #502A - Dark Pink Frost

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is a steal at $1.00. It is smooth & creamy gliding on easily. It is well pigmentated - sort of a medium rose colors. It also has a hint of gold shimmer but not over the top so it can easily be worn to the office or a night out on the town. It looks nice on my moderately pigmentated lips. (Skin tone is NW20.) There is a slight taste and smell, but that does not bother me. This lipstick is long lasting for a regular lipstick. (Regular as in not marketed like a Revlon Colorstay lipstick.) Comes in the typical lipstick tube - nothing special but definitely functional. I was so pleased that I am going to try a number of other colors as the selection is great. For the price if I don't like them I can toss them in the trash. PS - This lipstick is a big change from the very waxy WnW lipsticks of yester-year.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lipstick. The formula is nice. It goes on smooth, and is creamy and does not dry your lips at all. I colors in the collection are decent. Most are pretty sheer, with little pigment, but you can layer a bit to get more color payoff. As for #502A in particular, I really like this color. On my lip, it shows up as a darker pink (cool toned) with a gold shimmer. It's actually quite pretty and I'll be keeping this one around. The staying power is decent, and to me, it's worth the <$1.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by rowsofvoices9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because the color looked pretty in the package. However when I applied it that was no hint of frost whatsoever. The shade is a bit too dark for my taste. I think that maybe this is a good choice for an older woman. One this is for sure you can't beat the price. I paid less than a dollar.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2006 10:21:00 PM More reviews by allawallaballa

While I think 502(A) is a pretty color, I don't see myself using it enough to merit re-purchase. I think it would best serve as a gloss over a different color to avoid the 80's potential that the frost creates. I do see the similarity to Nars Galaxy Girl but maybe with more of a pink hue. I could see myself putting this shade over a too biege lipstick to give it some depth. I was hoping this color would work well as a gloss since I'm not a big lipstick person and I suppose I can rock it alone with dark eyeliner but definately not bare-faced.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by stargal7

Hmmmmmmm. Going to veer from the masses here but eeeewww is all I have to say. Not the most attractive color on my lips. I bought this yesterday because I read that it was like NARS galexy girl (which I love, but would love even more if it were a tad darker) Anyway, I picked up the tube took one look at the purply-pink lipstick and thought no way is this my galexy girl, but at 93 cents I had to give it a shot. I'm really really happy I only payed 93 cents. It was awful. I had flashbacks of Jr high frosted pink lips. Upon application (which I will say was smooth and creamy and had a pleasant smell) it was a purpely color (just as I had suspected looking at the tube)nothin' special. I put a little more on and when I looked in the mirror five minutes later it was a wierd frosty sickly purple-pink.I wiped it off immediatly. If I was living in the 80's I would probably wear it, since I'm not (thank heavens) something this color has no buisiness on my face!! And into the stage makeup kit it goes!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2005 12:15:00 PM More reviews by angelmae78

After reading the reviews, I had to try this, thinking that I had found the perfect pink. Unfortunately, it is very light (dark pink whatever!) and barely shows up on me. I have medium olive skin--so maybe my skin is a deeper tone than other reviewers. It is a pretty shade, but the only way I can wear it is wiht a deeper lipliner underneath, and with a gloss on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took me forever to OPEN the darn thing but I do like it.It's a bit frostier than I thought..but
It's a gorgeous pink. However, I do NOT like the taste of it.

For 93 cents it's totally worth it to have such a pretty pink shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by SingingBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, frosty and complex color. It has many hues and looks all different colors depending on the light. What a great product even IF it weren't only $1.00!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2004 12:57:00 PM More reviews by SingingBaby

This is a GORGEOUS color! It's very complex looking for the price and even for a MAC-type color, I'd still be very impressed. A definite steal! GO AND GET IT! It's lovely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2004 6:24:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wet N Wild lipsticks have come a long way. They are no longer waxy and crayon-esque, and the scent is a pleasant fruity smell. I bought the color Dark Pink Frost (#502) because in the tube, it looked like a medium pinked plum shot through w/golden shimmer. It was different from anything else I owned, plus it was $1, so I had nothing to lose. Despite being gorgeous in the tube, this looks awful on me. It shows up on my pigmented lips as a medium pink with lots of gold frost. It totally washes me out, even with lipliner. Ah well, at least I'm only out of a buck.