October 2, 2014 | 1494 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish - #502A - Dark Pink Frost

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Pemby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is such a lovely color like a gilded lavender rose. It lasts as long as average lipsticks and doesn't seem to dry out my lips. From what I can tell it has a light floral/berry sent. Plus it is cheaper than dirt!

Pictures:

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is really pretty and so much nicer than one would normally associate with Wet N Wild (actually most of their products have come a long way in terms of quality but I digress)...A lot of the reviews are boohooing about how frosty it is...well its not that frosty and looking at the color in the tube as you pick it up to buy it its VERY obvious that its a shimmery / frosty color and if this were MAC or some other high end brand I don't think anyone would be complaining about how "eighties and cheap" looking it is. Infact this shade reminds me a lot of MAC in terms of color and quality, its a dark pink infused with gold and it applies more like a MAC lipstick of the frost formula...I got a rash from the WnW lipglosses as a little girl in the 90's so I always avoided their lip stuff but this lipstick is awesome. It applies, looks and feels like a much more expensive line would....its also super flattering on my pale cool skin. It has just enough true pink to be pretty and look like a pink but enough of the goldish cast to keep it neutral and not to over the top. Love it. PS This is a total twin for Creme De La Femme by MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Raeyi

The thing that bothers me most about this lipstick is that the lid on the tube I bought doesn't fit snugly, so when I dropped the lipstick, it got nicked. :(

But otherwise, this is a nice lipstick to wear everyday (when you don't feel like wearing a lot of make up but want something else besides lip balm). It's kind of a purple-pink color with lots of gold sparkles, but it doesn't go on very opaque and the smell is a nice floral-y type scent, very pleasant. It can be a little dry, so a swipe of lip balm right over it (or under to make it more sheer) makes it really nice to wear.

It's only $1 here at wal-mart, CVS, Fred's, and Rite Aid...And the formula has been fixed so the lipsticks are no longer glue-stick sticky! I'd definitely buy again and recommend trying other colors in the line, it's only a $1!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

***PICS INCLUDED***

This is a surprisingly nice lipstick...at first when I applied it straight from the tube, it was like WHOA ugly-ville. But applied more sheerly with a brush it's really pretty. So if you've tried this opaquely and didn't like it, try putting it on more sheer...you may be surprised :) I would describe it as a lilac-tinged pink with gold sheen. Price is a steal, normally around $.97 depending where you go, and you can find them on sale for something ridiculous like $.75! The feel is soft and smooth, I can't detect a taste although it does have a strange smell....not a bad smell, its hard to describe. Longevity I would say is moderate, not horrible not excellent. I need to try this with a primer/liner...

Here are pics:

continued >>

25 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is a steal at $1.00. It is smooth & creamy gliding on easily. It is well pigmentated - sort of a medium rose colors. It also has a hint of gold shimmer but not over the top so it can easily be worn to the office or a night out on the town. It looks nice on my moderately pigmentated lips. (Skin tone is NW20.) There is a slight taste and smell, but that does not bother me. This lipstick is long lasting for a regular lipstick. (Regular as in not marketed like a Revlon Colorstay lipstick.) Comes in the typical lipstick tube - nothing special but definitely functional. I was so pleased that I am going to try a number of other colors as the selection is great. For the price if I don't like them I can toss them in the trash. PS - This lipstick is a big change from the very waxy WnW lipsticks of yester-year.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lipstick. The formula is nice. It goes on smooth, and is creamy and does not dry your lips at all. I colors in the collection are decent. Most are pretty sheer, with little pigment, but you can layer a bit to get more color payoff. As for #502A in particular, I really like this color. On my lip, it shows up as a darker pink (cool toned) with a gold shimmer. It's actually quite pretty and I'll be keeping this one around. The staying power is decent, and to me, it's worth the <$1.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by rowsofvoices9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because the color looked pretty in the package. However when I applied it that was no hint of frost whatsoever. The shade is a bit too dark for my taste. I think that maybe this is a good choice for an older woman. One this is for sure you can't beat the price. I paid less than a dollar.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2006 10:21:00 PM More reviews by allawallaballa

While I think 502(A) is a pretty color, I don't see myself using it enough to merit re-purchase. I think it would best serve as a gloss over a different color to avoid the 80's potential that the frost creates. I do see the similarity to Nars Galaxy Girl but maybe with more of a pink hue. I could see myself putting this shade over a too biege lipstick to give it some depth. I was hoping this color would work well as a gloss since I'm not a big lipstick person and I suppose I can rock it alone with dark eyeliner but definately not bare-faced.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by stargal7

Hmmmmmmm. Going to veer from the masses here but eeeewww is all I have to say. Not the most attractive color on my lips. I bought this yesterday because I read that it was like NARS galexy girl (which I love, but would love even more if it were a tad darker) Anyway, I picked up the tube took one look at the purply-pink lipstick and thought no way is this my galexy girl, but at 93 cents I had to give it a shot. I'm really really happy I only payed 93 cents. It was awful. I had flashbacks of Jr high frosted pink lips. Upon application (which I will say was smooth and creamy and had a pleasant smell) it was a purpely color (just as I had suspected looking at the tube)nothin' special. I put a little more on and when I looked in the mirror five minutes later it was a wierd frosty sickly purple-pink.I wiped it off immediatly. If I was living in the 80's I would probably wear it, since I'm not (thank heavens) something this color has no buisiness on my face!! And into the stage makeup kit it goes!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2005 12:15:00 PM More reviews by angelmae78

After reading the reviews, I had to try this, thinking that I had found the perfect pink. Unfortunately, it is very light (dark pink whatever!) and barely shows up on me. I have medium olive skin--so maybe my skin is a deeper tone than other reviewers. It is a pretty shade, but the only way I can wear it is wiht a deeper lipliner underneath, and with a gloss on top.