Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 9/18/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is Amazing! I've tried them all from drugstore to expensive ones and finally found this one. It doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it bouncy and soft. Don't hesitate to rush out and buy it because you won't regret it! My search is over for clarifying shampoo! :)

on 9/10/2013 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When my hair starts getting dull and weighted down from various hair products this shampoo removes all the build-up and leaves my hair soft, fluffy and shiny. Great clarifying shampoo.

on 7/5/2013 5:26:00 PM

HG clarifying shampoo. Before this I had only tried the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo (does the job but it's harsh) and I also tried the Kenra one for comparison (it's super-drying). Redken's Cleansing Cream is absolutely perfect. It removes all the buildup and residue from heavy conditioners and styling products to give your hair a fresh start. It makes all your other hair products work BETTER. It's the hair-equivalent of giving your skin a really thorough exfoliation. And it does that without stripping or drying your hair out either. This is something I've repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

This is my go-to chelating/clarifying treatment and I love the way it makes my hair feel. Sometimes I add it, massage in quickly and then rinse or if I have more buildup or are prepping for a color service, I'll leave it in for up to 10 minutes for a heavier-duty service. My hair doesn't feel dry afterwards.

on 6/8/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hands down the best clarifying shampoo I've ever used. I've tried clarifying shampoos by Joico, Kenra, VO5, Herbal Essences, Suave, Phyto, and Enjoy. I don't think any of them come close to the quality or can deliver the performance of Redken Cleansing Cream. I've purchased this shampoo many times because of its consistency. I know it works, and it works well. It uses sodium laureth sulfate as opposed to sodium lauryl sulfate, which I find to be much more gentle on my hair. It doesn't contain any unnecessary silicones, unlike Joico's clarifying shampoo. I don't find this to be as harsh as other clarifying shampoos such as VO5 or Suave, so using this more often seems to be fine for my hair (plus I use styling products on a daily basis). Your mileage may vary of course, so just go by what works for your specific hair type.

on 5/18/2013 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

If you're looking for a clarifying shampoo that will REALLY clean the heck out of your hair, then this is it. I feel like this shampoo gives me such a deep clean without making my hair feel dry. I use this every so often when I feel like my hair has a lot of buildup and could use good scrubbin'. It also smells delightful!

on 5/13/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Excellent clarifying shampoo. I have tried so many and this one is the one i buy over and over. i have fine hair but a lot of it, and this does not dry out my hair and leaves it clean and bouncy. love it

on 5/11/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was introduced to this by my hairdresser. She would use it before a haircut to remove buildup from hair styling products. I love it and always keep some on hand. I only use it once a week and follow up with a good conditioner. I have fine wavy hair and it works great for me. I purchase it from Ulta when they have their liter sale, which really makes it a good value. My hair seem to respond well to Redken products.

on 5/11/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I've never had quite such a terrible experience with a product that's otherwise reviewed so glowingly. And I can't exactly put it down to technique - it's hard to go wrong using a shampoo! For reference I have mid-length, relatively healthy, fine coloured hair with dry ends.

Looking for a new clarifying shampoo after my HG Boots Expert Build-Up Removal shampoo seems to have disappeared from shelves recently, I bought this from Amazon for around 10 as it's hard to find Redken products where I live. The smell was okay, an acidic fruity appley-pear scent, nothing pleasant but not terrible either.

I use it by wetting my hair in the shower or bath before rubbing a handful of the thick, slightly 'stringy' shampoo into my hair like any other shampoo. However I found it next to impossible to lather, using 1/4 of the bottle before even a hint of a lather by which point I gave up - much more than I'd hope to be using for a 10 bottle of shampoo. After rinsing thoroughly my hair felt horribly dried out, more than when I use any other clarifying shampoo, so I followed up with a deep conditioner and regular conditioner immediately. Although some say this is one of the safer clarifying shampoos for coloured hair, it did cause more of my colour to wash out than normal.When towel drying my hair and combing some Moroccan Oil through to restore softness, I was shocked at the amount of shedding and realised the amount of hair in the bath - far more hair than usual which was horrifying! This was the only different product I'd used so no doubt the scary shedding is down to this. The only positive is that my hair did feel clean of product buildup afterwards, but are all the negatives worth it?

I really don't want to use this again - my hair now feels thinner than before and I've used up far more product than expected. Maybe I got a bad batch? Either way, I won't be using this again and hope I find a decent clarifying shampoo which doesn't make my hair fall out!

on 5/6/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If I had to pick a favorite clarifying shampoo, this would be it. It's a really nice formula that cleans my hair without making it feel dried out. Lathers really nicely, and makes my hair feel really fluffy and light when dried. The scent is not my favorite, but it's not the worst. It's just kind of a weird fruity smell, which makes sense though because the main ingredient in it is fruit acid. As always, Redken products aren't the cheapest, but they're always good quality. I recommend this for a higher-end clarifying shampoo.

Popular Shampoos