Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

on 10/5/2009 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This isn't very well pigmented considering it's designed to be mixed with a moisturiser. When I mix it with my moisturiser/sunscreen, the result is a very diluted pinky-brown colour which doesn't show up on my skin at all. I mix a fair bit of it in too and this creates the added problem of too much cream for me to use on my face. I end up having to apply about 2-3 generous layers to use up all the mixed product. I find this works better when I dab it on separately on top of the moisturiser/sunscreen so that the colour does show, although it looks a bit too red against my skintone. There is a herbal-y type scent to this, but this fades after a while. On the plus side, this is completely matte.

on 9/5/2009 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The quality of this bronzer is very good, but I am very unimpressed with the colour. I have the Guerlain Flawless Bronzing Brush, a tinted gel which I was completely in love with as it just creates JUST the perfect golden glow on my Asian naked skin, but I couldn't wear it with my daily sunscreen (it just doesn't show up no matter what) so I could only wear it at night. So when I saw this, I was very excited as was hoping that it would be the solution to my sunscreen problem. The problem is that this colour has a very red base, and so instead of creating a golden bronze like the Guerlain brush which I was hoping, it creates a muddy colour (think clay colour) even when blended with the sunscreen.

Just as a further comparison, I also compared it to the natural tan on my body - and you could see the distinct brown vs reddish-brown difference.

Unfortunately, even though I love most of Dr H's products, this just wasn't it.
continued >>

on 8/6/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I live in Florida and have a good tan on my body, but wear sunscreen on my face. My daughters were commenting on how pale my face was in comparison to my body. After applying a light amount of foundation I take a dot of this delicious smelling stuff and apply it. I get such a natural look. It does nothing to even out my complexion, but I love that it has no shimmer what so ever. I went to Sephora looking for a similar product and there's nothing else without shimmer on the market. The shimmery stuff makes my pores look huge, my skin greasy and ages me.

on 7/24/2009 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG!!! This product gives my skin almost an airbrushed look eliminating little imperfections and giving me a soft happy glow.
LOve it!

on 7/22/2009 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVELOVELOVE this bronzer. I have tried dozens of other bronzers and none deliver like this one. There is no glitter, no sparkle, and no shimmer (which is great for me because I'm oily). It delivers a very natural-looking sun-kissed glow. It is a thin, watery liquid in a glass bottle with a pump top (that locks). I put a little on the back of my hand and use my MAC skunk brush and buff it into my cheeks, forehead, and down the bridge of my nose. Looks like I had a week in the sun without the worry of damage. I am very fair (MAC NC 20) and this works great. Very buildable color. Doesn't cake, or change color. It's a little expensive compared to all the other bronzers I've purchased, but since it actually works and looks fabulous, it's worth every penny.

on 5/13/2009 2:34:00 PM

This is the best all-natural face bronzer out there. I've tried all kinds of tinted moisturizers and bronzers, but keep coming back to this one. I just apply a tiny amount on my face after using my moisturizer, and my skin immediately glows. Best of all, there are no nasty chemicals, and it smells great. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and have never had any problems with this product. Love it!

on 3/25/2009 8:21:00 PM

Love it! Love it! Very nice bronzing with little or no sparkles. So easy to work into any thinner moisturizer. I mix it into my zinc sunscreen to get rid of the zinc's chalkiness. It also helps with the overly matt, even dull, quality that my natural sunscreen can leave on my skin.

on 3/21/2009 1:45:00 PM

I have had this tiny, little bottle for over a year now and it is still going strong, as you need such a small portion. Not only does it feel fantastic on your skin, it amazingly hides imperfections including acne scars, capillaries, fine lines, etc. Definitely a staple in my every-changing cabinet!!

on 1/11/2009 12:35:00 PM

Love this product!! It gives my sallow sometimes drab olive skin a real boost, especially in the winter when my tan is low. I also can add it to my Stila tinted moisturizer year round to get whatever color I need. I tan easily and am different colors at different times of the year so have never really used much in the way of foundation.

on 12/18/2008 10:43:00 PM

Mixed with a moisturizer -- eh, so-so. But I discovered a great new use for it: removing "kabuki" coloring from too-light foundation.

I recently made an impulse buy of L'Oreal "Feel Naturale" cream-to-powder foundation and was disappointed by the light color when I got home. Got out my Dr. H. Bronzing Concentrate, rubbed a quarter-sized dollop between my hands and patted gently all over my face. Finished with a light dusting of translucent powder.

Lovely result.