Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

Not great for pale skin. It appears a bit dingy rather than providing a glow. I also found it slightly irritating - likely as a result of the product containing too much alcohol. I'll keep looking.

After reading plenty of reviews on this product, i decided to try it out myself.
In wintertime my skin can get pretty pale and while i never had a problem with that.. you could start to see some veinst, redness & blue undereye sheen better as my slight summer tan faded..
I'm not a fan of the whole tanned look or any heavy work with bronzers, that's really not for me.
This product isn't marketed as a bronzer but more as an enhancer of your 'pasty' complexion haha.
Why not give it a go then?
I did & while i tried my best to like it, this just isn't for me.
Don't be set off by the stranger dark muddy color of the liquid inside the glass bottle. Once you actually apply it to your skin, it practically vanishes completely.
My problem with this product is mainly the smell & the weird look it gives me. For me this product smells like bad candy, a very strong scent of bad candy that is. Now i'm not shy or a little scent & it usually goes away after a while. This sadly didn't as some friends asked me what the smell was. Even after 5 hours ><
Second problem is the weird color my skin gets when i apply it.
I did the test where i applied the product to half of my face, just to see how 'sheer' the color payoff would be. Safe to say there was NO color change at all.
Maybe i used too little so i gradually applied more & let it dry/set after each application. After 2 layers i could see a difference, but it was just weird in color. I looked like i was a little tanned but also flushed like crazy. I have pale skin with slight yellow undertones, but this made me look dirty.

Didn't like the smell & didn't get any 'healthy' glow from this. The pump also clogs after a while and gives too much product. I find it hard to measure what you want to come out.

I'm sorry to say but i returned this product.
Before buying ANY product, you should always check if there are samples or trial sizes first. Don't dive head first into buying a full size when you're not familiar with it.

If you got problems with pasty, unhealthy looking skin and are at the same time prone to foundation induced outbreaks, if you dream of a fresh sanguine complexion that looks as if you had been born with it and needn`t bother about cosmetics, this is your product! The color, dark as it is in the bottle, melts into your skin without artificial glimmer or visible lines. And it stays that way the whole day long (with me even high-end foundations tend to accentuate all my flaws after several hours). At that, the fluid doesn`t contain any nasty chemicals. But be aware that it doesn`t provide noteworthy coverage, it just enhances your skin shade. What I don`t like is the fragile glass bottle and the fact that residuals in the bottle often contain clumps of the product.
If this is difficult to get where you live, I know a comparably good alternative - though it`s not ecological: "Color to mix" by Helena Rubinstein.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This isn't very well pigmented considering it's designed to be mixed with a moisturiser. When I mix it with my moisturiser/sunscreen, the result is a very diluted pinky-brown colour which doesn't show up on my skin at all. I mix a fair bit of it in too and this creates the added problem of too much cream for me to use on my face. I end up having to apply about 2-3 generous layers to use up all the mixed product. I find this works better when I dab it on separately on top of the moisturiser/sunscreen so that the colour does show, although it looks a bit too red against my skintone. There is a herbal-y type scent to this, but this fades after a while. On the plus side, this is completely matte.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The quality of this bronzer is very good, but I am very unimpressed with the colour. I have the Guerlain Flawless Bronzing Brush, a tinted gel which I was completely in love with as it just creates JUST the perfect golden glow on my Asian naked skin, but I couldn't wear it with my daily sunscreen (it just doesn't show up no matter what) so I could only wear it at night. So when I saw this, I was very excited as was hoping that it would be the solution to my sunscreen problem. The problem is that this colour has a very red base, and so instead of creating a golden bronze like the Guerlain brush which I was hoping, it creates a muddy colour (think clay colour) even when blended with the sunscreen.

Just as a further comparison, I also compared it to the natural tan on my body - and you could see the distinct brown vs reddish-brown difference.

Unfortunately, even though I love most of Dr H's products, this just wasn't it.
continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I live in Florida and have a good tan on my body, but wear sunscreen on my face. My daughters were commenting on how pale my face was in comparison to my body. After applying a light amount of foundation I take a dot of this delicious smelling stuff and apply it. I get such a natural look. It does nothing to even out my complexion, but I love that it has no shimmer what so ever. I went to Sephora looking for a similar product and there's nothing else without shimmer on the market. The shimmery stuff makes my pores look huge, my skin greasy and ages me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG!!! This product gives my skin almost an airbrushed look eliminating little imperfections and giving me a soft happy glow.
LOve it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVELOVELOVE this bronzer. I have tried dozens of other bronzers and none deliver like this one. There is no glitter, no sparkle, and no shimmer (which is great for me because I'm oily). It delivers a very natural-looking sun-kissed glow. It is a thin, watery liquid in a glass bottle with a pump top (that locks). I put a little on the back of my hand and use my MAC skunk brush and buff it into my cheeks, forehead, and down the bridge of my nose. Looks like I had a week in the sun without the worry of damage. I am very fair (MAC NC 20) and this works great. Very buildable color. Doesn't cake, or change color. It's a little expensive compared to all the other bronzers I've purchased, but since it actually works and looks fabulous, it's worth every penny.

This is the best all-natural face bronzer out there. I've tried all kinds of tinted moisturizers and bronzers, but keep coming back to this one. I just apply a tiny amount on my face after using my moisturizer, and my skin immediately glows. Best of all, there are no nasty chemicals, and it smells great. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and have never had any problems with this product. Love it!

Love it! Love it! Very nice bronzing with little or no sparkles. So easy to work into any thinner moisturizer. I mix it into my zinc sunscreen to get rid of the zinc's chalkiness. It also helps with the overly matt, even dull, quality that my natural sunscreen can leave on my skin.

Popular Bronzers