April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Bronzers - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Bronze Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVELOVELOVE this bronzer. I have tried dozens of other bronzers and none deliver like this one. There is no glitter, no sparkle, and no shimmer (which is great for me because I'm oily). It delivers a very natural-looking sun-kissed glow. It is a thin, watery liquid in a glass bottle with a pump top (that locks). I put a little on the back of my hand and use my MAC skunk brush and buff it into my cheeks, forehead, and down the bridge of my nose. Looks like I had a week in the sun without the worry of damage. I am very fair (MAC NC 20) and this works great. Very buildable color. Doesn't cake, or change color. It's a little expensive compared to all the other bronzers I've purchased, but since it actually works and looks fabulous, it's worth every penny.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by queenV

This is the best all-natural face bronzer out there. I've tried all kinds of tinted moisturizers and bronzers, but keep coming back to this one. I just apply a tiny amount on my face after using my moisturizer, and my skin immediately glows. Best of all, there are no nasty chemicals, and it smells great. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and have never had any problems with this product. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by karlakarla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Love it! Very nice bronzing with little or no sparkles. So easy to work into any thinner moisturizer. I mix it into my zinc sunscreen to get rid of the zinc's chalkiness. It also helps with the overly matt, even dull, quality that my natural sunscreen can leave on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by holderre

I have had this tiny, little bottle for over a year now and it is still going strong, as you need such a small portion. Not only does it feel fantastic on your skin, it amazingly hides imperfections including acne scars, capillaries, fine lines, etc. Definitely a staple in my every-changing cabinet!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by monstercat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product!! It gives my sallow sometimes drab olive skin a real boost, especially in the winter when my tan is low. I also can add it to my Stila tinted moisturizer year round to get whatever color I need. I tan easily and am different colors at different times of the year so have never really used much in the way of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by delphic

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mixed with a moisturizer -- eh, so-so. But I discovered a great new use for it: removing "kabuki" coloring from too-light foundation.

I recently made an impulse buy of L'Oreal "Feel Naturale" cream-to-powder foundation and was disappointed by the light color when I got home. Got out my Dr. H. Bronzing Concentrate, rubbed a quarter-sized dollop between my hands and patted gently all over my face. Finished with a light dusting of translucent powder.

Lovely result.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by lammtron

Love this stuff. My favourite tanning product for a night out. Stays on- does not mark clothes and the colour is believable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad product but I think it could be a lot better. It would work better for pinkish skintones. I have yellow undertone and so this doesn't blend well with my skin color. After mixing it with various sunscreens, i always get a slightly dark pinkish result. It does make my face a little bit darker but not in a flattering way. Also, it comes off or transfers easily.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by withoutblinking

I've been mixing this concentrate with my moisturizer for two months now, and I can officially say that it is my HG. I've tried almost every foundation/TM in existence, but this is the only thing I've found that evens my skin tone without making my pores look huge or feeling like a gross mask. I know that it looks a bit scary at first, but it goes on so naturally that you would never know how dark it is in the bottle. I have really sensitive skin that breaks out with a lot of facial products. I can't say for sure whether it's the bronzer or just not using other heavier products, but my skin has improved tremendously in the time that I've have been using this. My only slight issues are that it tends to make me a little oily in the t-zone by mid-day (corrected with a few blots) and that it is a bit more expensive than I would like for it to be. But, for a product that doesn't break me out, turn me orange, feel like a mask or have a ton of scary ingredients, it's definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

This is my new secret weapon in the war against pasty skin. I had been using it as a cheek/brow bone bronzer-type thing, but I've discovered a new use: I mix a squirt of this with my sunscreen (Aveeno Active Naturals SPF 30) and it cuts the ghastly sunscreen whiteness and gives me that "I just did time in an evil tanning booth"/"I use expensive self-tanner" glow. And I've started skipping my tinted moisturizer. Just a bit of powder and I'm set! The only problem I have with the pump dispenser is that it clogs quite frequently, and you get little chunks. Other than that, fab. This will last forever, so it's worth the money. (I'm an NW20, so one little pump is all it takes for me.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No