Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/15/2015 11:18:00 PM

If you are switching to this cleanser and have clear skin don't try this!!! It will break you out! I was using the Nubian black African bar soap and had cleared my blemishes after I ran out I switched to this buying a set of the 32fl. Oz. and the 8fl. Oz I really wanted to like this but it was just horrible on my skin, broke me out like no other!!! The smell don't like either smells like a hair dye color box. Horrible product!!!

on 1/10/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has been my HG cleanser while I was pregnant, and never went back to my old soap. (Yep I use to use soap...that's another review). (Using it for about 3.5 years now)

Creamy consistency, and great makeup remover. Doesn't sting eyes. I'm acne prone and does not irritate my skin at all. I use it along with my Clarisonic, love the results. It's just pricy. Also wish it came in a pump bottle for ease of use.

on 1/9/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this cleanser in the morning only, so it doesn't have to remove makeup etc since I do that at night. My skin is very oily normally but lately I've been getting a lot of dryness on my cheeks and some flaking. This doesn't add any moisture but it doesn't seem to be adding to the dryness that much either. There is some minimal tightness to my skin after using but it is winter here in Canada and it's VERY cold and dry. I don't like the scent that much, very herbal. It's quite expensive for a basic cleanser. I'm not sure I would repurchase, don't know that it's different from Cerave foaming which is much cheaper. Leaving it as a would repurchase for now.

This is a good cleanser for my combo skin type. It dissolves all my makeup and most of my eye makeup as well. It is not drying on my skin and I feel very clean afterwards. I think this cleanser just depends on your skin type. I don'y use it first thing in the morning b/c it can make my skin a little dry in some areas so I just use it at the end of my day :)

on 1/3/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Was so excited to finally try this product! But the product was overly drying on my cheeks. Such a disappointment!

on 1/2/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for two months and my acne prone skin loves it. I canīt comment on the price, as I got it as a gift. It takes off my make up, leaves my skin happy and hasnīt broken me out. I apply it on my dry face and then splash with water to cleanse and rinse. I also use it ( when Iīm feeling decadent) as shaving cream for my legs. I will buy this again when it runs out.

on 12/29/2014 5:30:00 PM

Man. This stuff is just the bees knees! Lol... But seriously. I use waterproof eyeliner & mascara, occasionally, and I can use this stuff in the shower and it just melts all the makeup off my face, no rubbing required. It really is awesome, pricey, but awesome.

on 12/28/2014 7:08:00 PM

i give this product four stars because it claims (or at least the lady at the counter claimed) that this would take off ALL your makeup, but iv noticed that to do that I have to use a lot and lather more than I should. In result my face gets soo dry. BUT I do like this product when I use this elseway, I use one pump of my regular makeup remover and then finish the job with one pump of this stuff. really makes your face makeup free!! Iv come to like this product when I use it that way bc my face looks and feels much cleaner than if I used only my regular makeup cleanser plus it don't make my face dry out this way.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I have purchased gallons of this by now. I've used this at least 7 years, which shows how content I am with this cleanser. It does have an odd smell, you have to get used to it, but once you do, you don't even notice it. I usually do some oil and a makeup wipe first, then do an actual cleanse with this. I prefer the 32 oz pump bottle and refill with smaller bottles. The small bottle packaging stinks actually, I wish they all were pumps. I have never gotten irritation, redness, bumps, or flakes from this product. But I also keep to a pretty good skincare routine. If you never tried it, it's definitely worth a try, get the small bottle from sephora for $10.

on 12/11/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

We stock up on this product at home. I use this as my second cleanser in my 2-part routine, which includes an oil cleanser to remove makeup, and the Purity to clean everything else up. This stuff has helped my girls control their acne, while keeping their skin from drying out. So we have the huge bottles at home.