September 30, 2014 | 1090 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Love this! I've been using this for 2 months and my skin really likes it! I have sensitive and VERY acne prone skin. This does not break me out and it doesn't dry my skin out either. It does a great job of removing face makeup, but does struggle a little with waterproof mascara.

The only negative for me is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this cleanser for about three years now and I figured it was time to write a review! Prior to this cleanser I was using Clinique's Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser, and I now know that was way too harsh for my skin! I have combination skin which is at times sensitive, and I will get a blemish every once in a while, but I am by no means "Acne-Prone". Purity is exactly what it claims to be, a pure, balancing cleanser. It is so gentle and soothing, I never feel like the oils have been stripped off my face after I cleanse. It does a great job at removing all of my makeup when I use it with my Clarisonic, however I do remove my eye makeup prior to using this. I have been on the routine of using Purity with my Clarisonic, followed by Clinique's 2 toner for three years and my skin has never looked or felt better. I was confused by all of the negative reviews on here, but I guess everyone's experience is different. I'm not sure how well this would work if your main goal was to control acne, but to keep a clean, balanced complexion it is perfect. The price isn't too bad when compared to some other options in Sephora or department stores, and honestly I don't mind paying the higher price tag for such a wonderful product. I actually quite enjoy the smell, I find it fresh and light! Philosophy has hit it out of the park with Purity, I never feel the need to even look for an alternative, that's how in love I am.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ayanelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for taking off makeup. Not like an amazing product or something I swear by. It does the job and I will use this until I find a better makeup remover.

Pros
Great at taking off makeup
Cons
Hate the smell
Weird consistency

meh :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I always come home to you! <3 I've been given other cleansers as gifts, so used them, but always come back to Purity. It NEVER hurts my eyes. It CLEANS. My skin is soft and balanced after use.
The scent is AMAZING.

HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautybyElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Normally i like Philosophy which is why i was thrown through a loop with this cleanser i don't like the smell of it and also my skin never breaks out but i got little red bumps on my cheaks after using this so definitely not going to be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by MakeupEllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin and this product has never left my skin irritated. I'm also the type of person who likes to get things done quickly, so the fact that I can remove my face & eye makeup at the same time while leaving my face feeling clean, is awesome! Also, I really like the lemongrass scent as it is not too strong or overpowering; it's like a spa. I only use about a dime sized amount to wash my face and neck. I buy a 16oz bottle at Sephora for $33. I like to keep the large bottle in my shower and a smaller bottle on my sink, so when the smaller one runs out, I can just refill it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by bflytilidy

This may be my first or second review, not sure, but this product compelled me to write another one! What on earth are people who like this product thinking? It's a soap-based cleanser full of junk. After watching numerous youtube gurus rave about it, I decided to pick up a bottle to see what the hype was all about. I thought the amount of product for the price was reasonable. Although the feel of washing your face with the product is nice, the smell is quite strong and unpleasant. Immediately after washing, you face feels nice and smooth. Well... you're in for a real surprise if you wait a few minutes... My face was so dry and tight! I have combination/oily skin and hate it when a cleanser strips all my natural oils in an effort to clean. I think it does more harm than good, resulting in breakouts. This cleanser also claims to be "one-step," which it is not as it left traces of makeup behind and lots of non-waterproof mascara. Major disappointment and it is going back to the store today.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Borovichka29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works great to remove all makeup, even waterproof mascara. I use it to remove my makeup and then go in second time with my Clarisonic Mia to deep clean my face. It feels gentle and creamy for every day use. Does not over dry my skin. Usually I would have to proceed with my serum and moisturizer right the way but with Purity I can take my time because my skin doesn't feel dry or tight.
The packaging can be better, I prefer pump on my cleansers or squeeze tube. I tend to get out to much.
Overall great quality gentle cleanser even for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was my favorite cleanser until I discovered the Clarins one. I used it with my Visapure facial brush, it worked fine. I find it a tad too harsh, that's why I've gone on to a softer cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very surprised about the negative reviews. I really like this cleanser. The smell is lovely. I have oily acne prone skin and I did not have a single break out from this product. It makes my skin feel clean and soft and I have noticed my pores are smaller. I use it morning and night with the clarisonic. It also has a wonderful smell.