Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 12/28/2014 7:08:00 PM

i give this product four stars because it claims (or at least the lady at the counter claimed) that this would take off ALL your makeup, but iv noticed that to do that I have to use a lot and lather more than I should. In result my face gets soo dry. BUT I do like this product when I use this elseway, I use one pump of my regular makeup remover and then finish the job with one pump of this stuff. really makes your face makeup free!! Iv come to like this product when I use it that way bc my face looks and feels much cleaner than if I used only my regular makeup cleanser plus it don't make my face dry out this way.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I have purchased gallons of this by now. I've used this at least 7 years, which shows how content I am with this cleanser. It does have an odd smell, you have to get used to it, but once you do, you don't even notice it. I usually do some oil and a makeup wipe first, then do an actual cleanse with this. I prefer the 32 oz pump bottle and refill with smaller bottles. The small bottle packaging stinks actually, I wish they all were pumps. I have never gotten irritation, redness, bumps, or flakes from this product. But I also keep to a pretty good skincare routine. If you never tried it, it's definitely worth a try, get the small bottle from sephora for $10.

on 12/11/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

We stock up on this product at home. I use this as my second cleanser in my 2-part routine, which includes an oil cleanser to remove makeup, and the Purity to clean everything else up. This stuff has helped my girls control their acne, while keeping their skin from drying out. So we have the huge bottles at home.

on 12/11/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is such a love-it-or-hate-it product. I'm honestly shocked at how much I like it. I've been using it for about 2 years, so I feel pretty qualified to review at this point. I have dry skin, not sensitive, no acne issues. This cleans my face, removes my makeup and doesn't make me feel tight, which is my biggest problem with most cleansers. If I hadn't managed to buy it on Black Friday, I wouldn't have paid pull price for it, but since I did, it was absolutely worth the repurchase. The only thing I don't like about this cleanser is the smell. It smells like lavender, which isn't offensive or anything, it's just unnecessary. I wouldn't recommend this cleanser for people with sensitive skin, just because it's fragranced and has essential oils which can be irritants. Ingredient-wise, it's not that great, but completely works for me somehow.

on 12/11/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought a sample size of this cleanser from sephora because I had heard such great things about it. WORST product I've ever bought. I have dry skin (mostly around my lip/nose area) that is clear with a few dry, flaky patches during the winter. This cleanser gave me tiny skin colored raised bumps ALL over my face and neck within 3 days of using it daily. I will not be repurchasing this product.

on 12/10/2014 3:54:00 AM

I was very disappointed. I would never buy it again.

on 12/9/2014 2:04:00 AM

I love this face wash. A little goes a long way, it doesn't dry out my skin, it's gentle on my sensitive skin and it removes my eye makeup as well as any additional products could. This is one of the few washes I don't feel like I need a toner after an the price is reasonable!

Only issue is that you of course will still need an exfoliating wash to alternate with.

Makes me feel fresh and clean after use. May not stop or improve breakouts, but certainly doesn't cause them either.

on 12/6/2014 11:15:00 PM

I was so excited to try this. It removes makeup very well but it made me break out horribly and caused raised bumps in areas where I never even break out. I went back to using my Mario badescu enzyme cleanser and my face is clear again...never again will I switch to anything else!!!

on 11/29/2014 10:01:00 PM

This cleanser is a mild milk cleanser that does not foam. It is supposed to remove all trace of makeup even waterproof and longwear foundation. It did not remove my sunscreen or makeup fully and it irritated my face left it red and dry. Then I started to breakout. Not strong enough to removes layers of foundation concealer powder blush......did not get everything out of my large pores. Face was not clean. Not good for super sensitive acne prone skin with large pores. Will not remove estee lauder double wear, revlon color stay, mac, lancome tient idol 24h which are all hard to fully remove.

on 11/28/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Nothing compares to this cleanser! I got a sample from sephora and was instantly hooked. I never had a cleanser be so effective at cleaning my skin but also leaving it moisturized and soft. I'm a budget shopper but this is worth every penny. I tried every brand including Cetaphil and nothing compares to this. 5/5!