December 21, 2014 | 427 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This gave me a weird bumpy rash on my face after a few days. I stopped using the serum for a couple of nights, and the bumps went away. Just for some background information my skin oily and acne prone but sensitive in some areas (mostly on my cheeks) plus Im starting to see fine lines. I'm about to try a Murad 30 day kit, so we'll see how that goes.....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Just finished the whole bottle and haven't notice any difference in my skin at all.

It didn't cause any breakouts (but I am not acne-prone) but it didn't help reduce any redness ahd I had. It's very hydrating and instantly smooths out the skin but heavier than the Olay micro-sculpting serum.

Because of the questionable results (or lack of results?) I would rather go back to the micro-sculpting serum... at least that one is less heavy, just as hydrating, makes you more radiant, and supposed to be more anti-aging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Translucent near-white serum. Thick/rich, smooth texture. Easy to work with. Soaks into my skin nicely, quickly, without any residue. I use only one pump per use, and I apply to my face only (though the directions on the bottle say to apply to neck as well) once in the morning and once at night, before moisturizer, TM, or makeup. It works as a face primer too. While I haven't conducted any rigorous scientific experiments with this product, I must admit my skin does seem improved, from combination-skin to now normal, smooth, velvety skin. My skin has responded so favorably that I don't feel obligated to use moisturizer as religiously. Given my age, I do apply moisturizer at night (Aveeno Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream), but I don't feel as though I HAVE to. My dry patches are gone, I don't get late afternoon oily-ness either.

Comparisons - After Aveeno discontinued their Positively Radiant Triple Boosting Serum (and then wouldn't reply to my inquiries for a suitable replacement), I picked this up on a whim and wasn't expecting to get the great results I have. Aveeno's serum was more creamy, lotion-like, while Olay's is more of what I expect a serum to look and feel like. I definitely prefer Olay over the Aveeno, and I like a lot of Aveeno products.

Packaging - Pump dispenser on an opaque bottle that tapers in the middle. Pump locks for travel. A little more than I wanted to spend at the grocery store for this type of item, but then again it's downright affordable in comparison to department store and cosmetic counter equivalents.

Overall - Really pleased with what this has done for my skin texture. Definitely will repurchase when I run out. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

I tend to get skincare products from shopping channels, but when I'm too lazy & want to purchase it right away, without waiting, I'll get this. It's okay. I have to share something with all of you. I once, was on the phone with the CEO of a very successful skincare line, that sells on one of these shopping channels on t.v. She told me, that the only decent quality "commercial' skincare line was Olay. Of course, not as good as hers, but she did comment on it as being reasonably priced & having good ingredients for a "store bought product".

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mauwong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this serum for its niacinamide ingredient.

I started using Olay Regenerist Serum in addition to benzoyl peroxide with great success. Iím usually clear with BP only unless Iím stressed, donít have enough sleep or during my period. With the addition of niacinamide in my regimen, I havenít had any of those big ugly acne lesion even when Iím stressed.

The big test came when I was on a business trip to NY. I was stressed, my sleep was disrupted due to the three hours time difference and had my period. For all this, I only got a tiny white head that went away the next day.

Don't want to call it a miracle product. But hey, it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

**NOTE: DON'T put this on before spf moisturizer or sunscreen in the morning because it doesn't offer sun protection! Sunscreen should be the first thing on your face after washing.

I've been looking more and more into anti-oxidant type serums because derms and such seem to suggest that as prevention when you're in your twenties - this one caught my eye because it's stable (unlike vit. C) and it has a peptide complex. Now, I don't expect to see wrinkle reduction or the like because I'm 21, but I've seen no change in skin brightness or smoothness or dark circles, and the expression lines on my forehead are still present. This doesn't mean it's not doing its anti-aging job, just don't expect miracle-lovely skin. I haven't broken out from using this product, and in fact I haven't broken out since using this product, though I'm not sure if this is the cause or no. If you're looking for this as a cheaper version of the eye serum, take care not to use it on the upper lids if yours are at all sensitive - it makes mine puff up like balloons. That said, a pretty good-serum ingredient wise, I may continue using this if nothing else catches my eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month now and I'm upset to say that this is breaking my skin out. Only two other products in 15 years of always trying the newest latest thing has ever broken me out so I certainly don't have sensitive skin. After applying it one evening a few hours before bed I woke up the next morning itching like crazy along my neck and the corners of my eyes. It was odd because I used it all over my face but my neck and eye areas are more sensitive maybe? Anyway I layed off it for a day or two until the itching and redness went away then tried it again just in case it was something else I'd been using. I started using it again about once every other day and after a few days more itching and a few bumps on my cheeks and around my eyes appeared. I'm so disappointed that I can't use this because when I'm not scratching myself to death it really does make my skin look and feel supple and smooth. Will NOT be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for several years and I think it does a good job. Not fantastic but good. Primarily I like it because it works for oily skin unlike most skin products. This serum will definitely not feel oily after application; it sinks in and is greaseless. It makes your skin appear smoother, more even textured and minimizes small wrinkles. It doesn't eliminate wrinkles however. It's not intended as a primer but I feel it does a pretty good job of setting up the skin for foundation application. For the good job it does, I think the price is ok.
My only beef about it is the packaging. The pump bottle is hopeless for travel since it has no cap on it. When I went to England this summer I had to wrap the bottle in plastic wrap and then put it in a tight plastic bag and hope the plane pressure wouldn't cause it to leak out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

PLZ PLZ PLEASE READ, IT WILL BENEFIT OR ATLEAST REINFORCE KEY THINGS ON SKINCARE; NO MATTER IF UR INTERESTED IN THIS PRODUCT OR NOT. Again, THIS IS NOT A REVIEW of the Regenerist serum (yet) but a clarification. So after reading manyy of the top reviews on this product particularly; I realized alot of people are using it incorrectly & common myths on skincare exist in general.

(1) For starters, this is a serum, not a moisturizer, it will do nothing for giving hydration to your skin, instead it deposits nutrients. If you have oily skin & this adds sufficient moisture-great; however if you have normal/dry/need SPF you will most likely need a moisturizer in conjunction.

(2) And here's where most people get it wrong, this & any serum for the fact is always used BEFORE the moisturizer.Read the box. (If you use a toner then its-wash, toner, serum then moisturizer) Serums are targeted for deeper layers of skin & contain smaller molecules that must penetrate & absorb in (usually takes 5 mins) to give its full benefits.

(3) So although, this has dimethicone and gives that silky silicone smooth texture to skin, it doesn't really double up as a primer for makeup--unless your RE-applying it after the moisturizer OR using at night so no need of spf OR have oily skin so this is your moisturizer (for which I'm assuming/hoping your makeup has substantial spf).

(4) Lastly, another major misconception, SPF's do NOT combine. So using SPF15 moisturizer + SPF25 foundation does NOT=SPF40. **Additionally, the higher spf (in this case the foundation) is NOT the protection you get, the protection you do get is ONLY of the FIRST SPF containing product you put on your face--ALWAYS. That's why a moisturizer WITH spf is essential--because you need to generously apply ALL over your face, not just problem areas & then whats in your makeup does not give any extra blockage really---unless you skip straight to foundation & happen to cover every pore on your face.

Ofcourse spf is important ALL year round & the #s don't change the ingredients or make it more potent, it simply measures time--how long it takes to burn in the sun. Therefore, in a sense SPF 15 is enough for even the palest but because people don't apply as much or re-apply as is needed to be efficient, spf 30 is recommended by most dermatologists

FYI--Im a medical student but more importantly a serious devotee to taking good prevention steps & care of my skin. Also, I have only used this serum for a month so cannot give a complete review on the product yet. So far so good though, will update later.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is among the best serums I have to say. Not oily, very light on skin, and feagrance free. It leaves skin smooth and wrinkleless.