August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

**NOTE: DON'T put this on before spf moisturizer or sunscreen in the morning because it doesn't offer sun protection! Sunscreen should be the first thing on your face after washing.

I've been looking more and more into anti-oxidant type serums because derms and such seem to suggest that as prevention when you're in your twenties - this one caught my eye because it's stable (unlike vit. C) and it has a peptide complex. Now, I don't expect to see wrinkle reduction or the like because I'm 21, but I've seen no change in skin brightness or smoothness or dark circles, and the expression lines on my forehead are still present. This doesn't mean it's not doing its anti-aging job, just don't expect miracle-lovely skin. I haven't broken out from using this product, and in fact I haven't broken out since using this product, though I'm not sure if this is the cause or no. If you're looking for this as a cheaper version of the eye serum, take care not to use it on the upper lids if yours are at all sensitive - it makes mine puff up like balloons. That said, a pretty good-serum ingredient wise, I may continue using this if nothing else catches my eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month now and I'm upset to say that this is breaking my skin out. Only two other products in 15 years of always trying the newest latest thing has ever broken me out so I certainly don't have sensitive skin. After applying it one evening a few hours before bed I woke up the next morning itching like crazy along my neck and the corners of my eyes. It was odd because I used it all over my face but my neck and eye areas are more sensitive maybe? Anyway I layed off it for a day or two until the itching and redness went away then tried it again just in case it was something else I'd been using. I started using it again about once every other day and after a few days more itching and a few bumps on my cheeks and around my eyes appeared. I'm so disappointed that I can't use this because when I'm not scratching myself to death it really does make my skin look and feel supple and smooth. Will NOT be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for several years and I think it does a good job. Not fantastic but good. Primarily I like it because it works for oily skin unlike most skin products. This serum will definitely not feel oily after application; it sinks in and is greaseless. It makes your skin appear smoother, more even textured and minimizes small wrinkles. It doesn't eliminate wrinkles however. It's not intended as a primer but I feel it does a pretty good job of setting up the skin for foundation application. For the good job it does, I think the price is ok.
My only beef about it is the packaging. The pump bottle is hopeless for travel since it has no cap on it. When I went to England this summer I had to wrap the bottle in plastic wrap and then put it in a tight plastic bag and hope the plane pressure wouldn't cause it to leak out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

PLZ PLZ PLEASE READ, IT WILL BENEFIT OR ATLEAST REINFORCE KEY THINGS ON SKINCARE; NO MATTER IF UR INTERESTED IN THIS PRODUCT OR NOT. Again, THIS IS NOT A REVIEW of the Regenerist serum (yet) but a clarification. So after reading manyy of the top reviews on this product particularly; I realized alot of people are using it incorrectly & common myths on skincare exist in general.

(1) For starters, this is a serum, not a moisturizer, it will do nothing for giving hydration to your skin, instead it deposits nutrients. If you have oily skin & this adds sufficient moisture-great; however if you have normal/dry/need SPF you will most likely need a moisturizer in conjunction.

(2) And here's where most people get it wrong, this & any serum for the fact is always used BEFORE the moisturizer.Read the box. (If you use a toner then its-wash, toner, serum then moisturizer) Serums are targeted for deeper layers of skin & contain smaller molecules that must penetrate & absorb in (usually takes 5 mins) to give its full benefits.

(3) So although, this has dimethicone and gives that silky silicone smooth texture to skin, it doesn't really double up as a primer for makeup--unless your RE-applying it after the moisturizer OR using at night so no need of spf OR have oily skin so this is your moisturizer (for which I'm assuming/hoping your makeup has substantial spf).

(4) Lastly, another major misconception, SPF's do NOT combine. So using SPF15 moisturizer + SPF25 foundation does NOT=SPF40. **Additionally, the higher spf (in this case the foundation) is NOT the protection you get, the protection you do get is ONLY of the FIRST SPF containing product you put on your face--ALWAYS. That's why a moisturizer WITH spf is essential--because you need to generously apply ALL over your face, not just problem areas & then whats in your makeup does not give any extra blockage really---unless you skip straight to foundation & happen to cover every pore on your face.

Ofcourse spf is important ALL year round & the #s don't change the ingredients or make it more potent, it simply measures time--how long it takes to burn in the sun. Therefore, in a sense SPF 15 is enough for even the palest but because people don't apply as much or re-apply as is needed to be efficient, spf 30 is recommended by most dermatologists

FYI--Im a medical student but more importantly a serious devotee to taking good prevention steps & care of my skin. Also, I have only used this serum for a month so cannot give a complete review on the product yet. So far so good though, will update later.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is among the best serums I have to say. Not oily, very light on skin, and feagrance free. It leaves skin smooth and wrinkleless.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thought I would try going the DS route and see how those products would work for me.
I like the slip and it doesn't add any shine to my face. At first it seemed harsh so I put less on. It does leave my skin smoother but not sure if it helps with lines and such. I really like the fragrance free aspect. Think I will try other products in the Olay line since the $ is reasonable enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by andersonk1987

I really liked this. I used to break out regularly, but after using this for a whole year, it didn't help or hurt my breakouts, but it wasn't supposed to. It felt very velvety and lovel going on my skin. I only wore it at night since I do have oily skin, and I had a dail moisturizer I was happy with. I used this moisturizer for a year and stopped once I moved to Germany. Now that I haven't been using it for several months, I'm noticing fine laugh lines, and a lot of general dryness around the outside of my face. I will be buying this again for night time use!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Tee0432

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this product after several friends highly recommended it. During the first week, I started breaking out. I continued using the product for another month and the acne continued to get worse. I discontinued the product and began using another well-known brand and the acne immediately cleared up. I won't say that this product is a bad product because it works for a lot of people. I have extremely sensitive skin so I'm assuming that the product is simply too harsh for my skin type. But with that being said, I will never use this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Good for an occasional primer under evening foundation but if I used this every day I broke out on my nose and chin. Great it's fragrance free and full of antioxidants but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this serum!! I have very sensitive acne prone skin which breaks out on my chin. This makes my skin smooth & hydrated...no break outs! I have noticed a difference in my complexion since using this product for a few months.