Shu Uemura Eye Shadow

4.7

ingredients: for matte:, ingredients , talc , calcium carbonate , zinc stearate , boron nitride , silica , phenyl trimethicone , neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate , lauroyl lysine , polymethyl methacrylate , squalane , simmondsia chinensis / jojoba seed oil , phytosteryl macadamiate , dimethicone , dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate , polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate , octyldodecanol , octyldodecyl myristate , caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic triglyceride , methicone , tocopherol , canola / canola oil , phenoxyethanol , methylparaben , ethylparaben , propylparaben , butylparaben , , may contain: mica , ci 77891 / titanium dioxide , ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides , ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake , ci 42090 / blue 1 lake , ci 73360 / red 30 , ci 75470 / carmine , ci 77007 / ultramarines , ci 77742 / manganese violet , ci 77288 / chromium oxide greens , ci 77289 / chromium hydroxide green , ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide

on 4/11/2004 11:48:00 AM

I love these e/s. The quality is top notch, very silky, easy to blend, and a WIDE selection of colour ... I cannot emphasis this enough as I love to browse through their retail shops just to look at the stacks of e/s displayed according to their color spectrum. (Of course I wouldn't go out empty handed)
I like their square minimalist packaging, that saves space and is easy to spot a shade instantly. Also it is also easy to poke out the shadow and stick them into Shu palettes.

on 2/29/2004 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just started collecting these eyeshadows,and I LOVE them. The color selection is awesome and they go on very sheer, so you can easily control the look you want, they last all day. The best part is when you put them on they dont flake off like some MAC eyeshadows do (dont like doing my undereye concealer all over again!!)Def worth the investment:)

on 2/4/2004 3:27:00 PM

These eyeshadows reign supreme over anything else I've tried. NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, compares in terms of quality, color complexity, and durability to these shadows! One caveat: you cannot buy just one. =)

on 2/3/2004 12:07:00 AM

Yeah, the packaging is a pain in the butt, and yeah, it's really expensive, but this stuff is the most amazing eyeshadow I've ever used--vivid, smooth, and (despite the fact that my eye makeup ALWAYS creases/runs/smudges on me) amazingly smudge-proof. I own this in ME Brown 885, which isn't actually brown, it's a sort of fuschia/raspberry color with a subdued metallic tone that I
MUST recommend for anyone with hazel eyes--they make mine look bright green!

on 12/16/2003 12:48:00 AM

These are just beautiful! I have Silver 945, Blue 683 and Purple 780. I don't *need* more eye shadow, but these become an obsession. Proceed with caution or you may spend all of your money. My only rant is the cheap packaging.

on 12/1/2003 6:19:00 PM

The best eyeshadows, period. The consistency is so silky and creamy-- it actually feels therapeutic when I apply it! Since finding these, I've barely touched my Armani, Stila, MAC and NARS shades. Their formulation just doesn't compare to Shu's. I also love the clear packaging, and the ease with which I can pop out the shadow pan and stick it in a Trish McEvoy planner page.

on 11/28/2003 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Shu shadows are great - aesthetically pleasing packaging, gorgeous color range, buildable pigment, and very good durability. The ME, P, and IR shades in particular are favorites.

on 10/27/2003 12:58:00 AM

i love shu - the pigmentation, the colour range and the long lasting effect of its eyeshadows and other products - these points alone should surely justify 5 lippies right? NO! im here to rant about the poor packaging of their e/s! not only have i done this once and wasted the e/s ive actually done this twice! i went to open the fiddly little thing and TWICE ive accidently dug my nail into the precious eyecolour! its only little and a little goes a long way - but surely i cant afford to keep wasting it by digging my nail into it and chipping a proportion of it away right? *sigh* im know im a clutz at times but surely someone else out there is experiencing the same "clumsy" problem? and with this point ive opted also "not to repurchase" this product if i were to chip it all away that is~

on 10/20/2003 12:21:00 PM

I have only tried 4 of these shadows (ME Silver 945, ME Purple 780, IR Beige 803, & ME Gold 370) but they have immediately lept to HG status. They are highly-pigmented and long-lasting - I have the oiliest lids in the universe and they last all day on me WITHOUT a base! Wearing a thin layer of a Metallic on the browbone and upper lid makes a gorgeous glossy eye - much better than any of the liquids I have tried. These shadows are worth every penny, and I'm not going to buy any other brand from now on.

on 9/27/2003 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

amazing quality but the prices are a little too high.. slightly better quality than mac's or even stila's but i wont buy shu shadows line because of its prices. will stick to mac.

Top Rated Shu Uemura Products