April 16, 2014 | 1074 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a huge lotion snob, but I like this body lotion. It is the only one I have ever used more than once or twice in recent memory. In fact, I use this one regularly, but it's still not perfect. My holy grail body moisturizer was discontinued by Neutrogena, of course! (Isn't that always the way it is?)

Pros: The scent (a delicious light, sweet almond scent), the non-greasy feel, natural ingredients.

Cons: Can leave my hands feeling dry after I rub it into my arms and legs (the only places I use body lotion) which is really weird. My legs are always dry again the next day, so I doubt this is repairing my dry skin or anything like that. It must be reapplied daily for continued moisturizing effect.

Still, overall, I like it a lot for my arms and legs. I have oily skin on most of my body, but my legs and arms need a light moisturizer, and this fits the bill.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Thiyssa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream was.... odd. It feels nice, smells really good, leaves my skin feeling smooth but only after I use a LOT of it. I like that it's not greasy, I was looking for that, but it's just not doing it for me. My hands are dry with or without it, I mean even after I put it on my whole body - hands still feel dry. It isn't a bad product, it just isn't moisturizing enough for my type of skin =[

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by beckkfo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS LOTION

I am a lotion snob! All lotions feel too greasy to me, and I end up either hating the scent or wishing there was a little scent. This is the perfect combination of everything.

I stole this from my mom when i was desperate for some lotion, but I was skeptical because of the word 'oil' on the product. I have NO idea why it says oil, because IMO it is less greasy and oily than Aveeno's normal lotion!

Perfect scent-- slightly like vanilla but VERY VERY subtle. Smells nice, but neutral, when you put it on. The scent slightly fades over time, which is nice (I hate scented lotions because they often smell nice at first but two hours later it is overpowering).

It absorbs super fast, and leaves my skin so soft and moisturized. I have bought this over and over and will never buy another lotion again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think the first time I bought this was only because it was on sale and I didn't even know it was a moisturizing oil until my second purchase. Even though I found this not moisturizing enough for super dry skin, I like that it absorbs into my skin fast. I will continue to re-purchase this just for the sweet almond mixed with baby powder scent alone. Overall I love this stuff. I almost wish the scent would last longer though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am loving this lotion! I find it affordable ($8cdn) compared to my Sympathy for the Skin from LUSH at $25cdn. I like the light honey milky scent and I love that it isn't greasy! The second ingredient (after water) is sesame oil which is a fantastic oil for the skin. Its a runny lotion that absorbs very quickly. I will totally repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is very dry and this product does not do anything. It is like applying water: after 5 minutes my skin is still dry. I would finish the product as it is not cheap, but I do not agree with the manufacturer's claim that this moisturises like an oil. For dry skin this does not moisturise at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Love the honey almondey scent. Doesn't leave you gunky or clammy.

CONS: Wish it was just a tad more moisturizing. Don't expect oil at all. This is not even as moisturizing as some lotions I've tried.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite body lotion. It is definitely more of a lotion than an oil. It moisturizes so well and absorbs so fast. I like the smell. It is very light and not overpowering so it doesn't interfere with my fragrance. I sometimes mix a tiny drop of Biosilk Silk Therapy in with it and put it on my legs after shaving. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sedst9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this oil/lotion!! Okay so upon hitting the end of my twenties, I have dry body skin (of course my face is still oily as ever). But I thought something was wrong with me! I never really used lotion much at all in my life and all of a sudden I had mad razor bumps even when I used a fresh razor blade. So I upgraded my razor to the fancy 5-razor razor, and still I was covered in razor bumps. Just as I was about to sink 30 bucks into an after shaving soothing tonic, I had an epiphany: try some thick lotion! I went to the drugstore and searched for what I thought would be the right stuff: I liked that this was an oil/lotion and that it came in a pump bottle. Well, the appeal didn't stop there!! The price was a little higher, but it is SOOOO worth it!! After a few days of applying this directly after my shower (without completely drying myself off) my skin was back to it's youthful self! Razor bumps were gone, dryness was gone, just nice and smooth and soft. I swear this lotion even makes my shave last longer!! My HG body lotion for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Ciji63

My HG body lotion - keeps my skin perfectly moisturized and I love LOVE the almond scent (even tho it doesn't last long enough for me). Aveeno has a body wash that smells exactly the same and I love it as well. No idea why they call it oil tho....just a nice creamy lotion. It is pretty expensive for daily use but....so worth it.