April 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kedmund

As much as I LOVE this e/s, I think I'm allergic to it. Each time I wear it & get in the car my eyes water so bad I look like someone punched me in the face by the time I arrive. I've actually had to turn around and come home. I love the color, love the glitter, don't mind the fallout, as it's pretty on my cheeks, but the pain I can't take. I gave it a price of 3 only because I got it in swap and have no clue what it actually costs, but I'm SOOOOOO sad I can't wear it. I am going to be a moron and continue to look for ways to make it not hurt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know, i know, wrinkled, shriveled up, old ladies like me aren't supposed to wear glitter eye shadow. So i tried modest satin & matte shadows in neutral shades. Ugh! I looked dead & smeared with dirt. So i said, "Screw conventional wisdom!", and got a bunch of happy shiny Urban Decay eye shadows.

I definitely don't wear this one daily, only for special events. I put a less dramatic shimmer up to my brow, this only on my lid, and a deeper shade in my crease. NOT that boring, overdone, ho-hum smoky eye, but a warm peachy/coppery shade. And i have gotten compliments from people i barely know!

I use Urban Decay Original Eye Primer Potion first, of course, and i have little trouble with glitter fall out. I put on shadows, clean up any problems, *then* apply liner & mascara. This makes my eyes sparkle and twinkle ;-)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i really love this as an all over wash with lined lids. simple but very striking. i also love using on top of other eyeshadows for extra oomph. i dont really have a problem with fallout but i do only use a little at a time and build up. when i want a nice subtle glitter i use my finger to put it on- i pat it with my index finger and gently pat it all over my lid. this = less glitter

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by brigid711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a love or hate product. It does look pretty in the pan, and the base color is a very nice light champagne, but the glitter is way too overpowering for me. I only use this a couple times a year for Christmas or NYE parties. I still don't love it because the glitter falls all over my face which is not okay in my book. Even if you like glittery eye shadow, I would not recommend this shade due to the fall out factor. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by MSUgirl1901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ladies come on! There are ways to not have glitter on your face. Like doing your foundation after your eye makeup, putting powder under your eyes or even using tape to just stick it off! Tapping away all the access powders on your brush before applying your e/s and packing the e/s on your lid before blending helps too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by blacktiedaffair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot for the life of me understand why this shadow is so popular. It is very beautiful color but impossible to work with and not get glitter EVERYWHERE. This is something I would never ever buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by TheZombiesAteMyEyeliner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this eyeshadow is so hot! I apply it wet so it shows up more && the glitter is more intense! i use this with heavy black liner and lots of bronzer! i get so many compliment when i wear this! i love the glitter fallout cuz it looks sexy as a cheek highlight + a lot of the glitter stays on my lids! I would buy this again ♥

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by DarkGlamour17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you HATE glitter DON'T BUY!!! I on the other hand L-O-V-E glitter! This is a beautiful color shadow and I love all the glitter! If I use a beige cream shadow under it I notice I don't get as much fall out. But like I said this thing is LOADED with glitter! I love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

This was my first UD eyeshadow. I knew that there was a shxt load of glitter in it, and i love it! I apply this with a slightly damp brush so the actual color of the eyeshadow shows up more and the glitter is more intense. I just use this all over my lid almost up to my brow, then apply heavy black eyeliner. Even though its such an easy look, i get SO many compliments on it. I like that theres glitter fallout because its like an extra cheek highlight. I use this during the day, but this would look awesome at night. Ive become obsessed with the whole Urban Decay line. Their eyeshadows and other products are exactly what i look for in a brand. Colorful and glittery. I would buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by erkava2071

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I am new to UD shadows, this is my 1st palette (the sustainable bamboo)
This e/s is a chunky, sparkly mess! I was completely annoyed by this eyeshadow! Shortly after finishing my look, glitter specks randomly appear ! Even my boyfriend ends up with random glitter specks!
Also I had stubborn specks that lingered (hated that) on face after some mu remover.
Overall this e/s makes me blink a lot trying to combat specks going in my eyeball.
And ladies yes I know you will say to do your face afterwards, use powder, use fix spray, use the tape method..but that doesn't make this shadow less annoying