Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers

3.0

on 4/22/2010 1:03:00 AM

I tried Sunflowers recently for nostalgia. I remember when it came out. I just didn't remember what it smelled like.
To me this smells like air freshener. Very much a chemical smell. And I probably wouldn't use this even as an air freshener. I just don't like it.
The bad thing is...I had my son sniff this and he said "I like that one"...oh my! I wanted to give it two lippies just because he likes it. But I really DON'T like it...so one lippie stuck.

on 3/19/2010 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I put in general 2 lippies for my own taste...but then again I also gave it the additional 2 due to the fact that my mom just loves this scent! Also when I smell this I think of my mom in the summer...I know weird! :) I buy this for her every year to wear during the summer months. She loves the scent and honestly it does smell really good on her. She usually goes better with a more citrus scent (as far as perfumes go) than like a floral or green or musk...IDK if that helps at all...hope so! :) I'm more musk friendly and so this isn't really great on me.

on 3/19/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like this but you could get very sick of it if you wore it too often. There's a synthetic note that bugs me, but other than that I find it a very cool, almost aquatic scent. There's something fantastic in there that I can't name & that's the note that pulls me in and makes me forget about the things I don't like so much.

on 12/11/2009 3:46:00 AM

This is a lovely fresh smell and everytime I wear it, people comment how nice it is , not only that its dirt cheap. Its discontined in the UK and I have to wonder if it will be discontinued here in the US.

on 12/3/2009 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This scent reminds me of a warm summer day. Very befitting of the name Sunflowers. This fragrance is strong, feminine and very sweet. I wore this as a teen and could never pull it off now. Reminiscent of teen summer romances and shamelous flirting.

"The top notes are composed of luminous lemon notes, rosewood, orange blossom, sweet juicy mandarin, bergamot, melon, and sweet peach.The heart brings notes of cyclamen, rose, pure jasmine, osmanthus and iris root. The sensual base is composed of musk, cedar, amber, moss and sandal wood. The joyous sunflowers make a nice contribution to this bright fragrance."

on 12/1/2009 2:19:00 PM

I realize this is an old fragrance, but I get SO MANY compliments when I wear it. It totally goes with my chemistry. I used to wear it years ago, and now I'm back to it again. You can't always go with what's new or 'the in' fragrance if it doesn't smell good on you or go with your chemistry.
For me, this one's a keeper.

on 8/30/2009 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Almost identical to " Head over heels" by Ultima II to my nose. I prefer Ultima version. I used to like it but get tired fast . It's very memorable though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Sunflowers reminds me of high school back in the mid 90s. It's sunny, bright with lots of flowers and extremely long lasting. Although, my perfume tastes have "matured', I always keep a bottle of this stuff tucked around somewhere!!

on 8/12/2009 9:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This brings back memories! I wore this when i was younger in middle/high school... along with other oldie favorites like vanilla fields, charlie white and adidas... however i dont like it anymore . too strong and offensive these days.

on 8/12/2009 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh, I love this fragrance! No-one in my family likes it and when my younger sister got it as a xmas present last year, she threw it on my bed saying, 'here, you like this yucky stuff' LOL!
It IS very heady and incensy, but I simply adore it.

Popular Fragrances