Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.9

I dont reccomend this if you are young. This is a more mature scent. This smelt putrid on me, but when my mom wears it, it smells nice

My nana gave this to me as she only used it maybe once or twice on special occasion and didn't want to waste it. Mind you she's 99 and a legend, i was like uhhh.. idk most of the perfumes back then you could taste with just one spritz on the skin. But i found this kinda nice and sweet. It's not too overpowering, if you have a small spritz on the wrists or just a little dab under the neck it's actually quite a nice smell, don't go spraying yourself like 5 or 6 times or you will literally be tasting it for the next week haha

I was cruising at the grocery store the other evening and found a small set of EA fragrances for $7. I'm pretty adventurous with perfume and the bottles were pretty, so I bought it. Yesterday I tried 5th Ave (I hope to write a review of that later), and read the reviews of the frags on here. So I was warned about the Red Door, which I tried yesterday evening instead of wearing it to work today as planned. I'm so glad I tried it first! I'm not afraid of a bold fragrance, and I occasionally bust out the Tabu or Obsession. But this is in another whole category--there is something putrid smelling in this! To me, it resembles a floral arrangement that has died and is getting swampy. It made me think of that Secretions Magnifiques perfume everyone's talking about and which I fortunately have not sniffed. I'm not trying to be tacky here, just giving my honest impression. The bottle is really pretty--a ruby-red glass "door," so I'm keeping it. But as far as the actual scent goes--never again!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

maybe the No 1 favorite perfume in my collection This perfume
Represents the color Red it's Sexy
Passionate fiery Bold & daring!
I can find some notes like orange blossom rose jasmine Honey jasmine & Sandalwood.
but the others are less dominate to me
I Give this a 10!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this on me and my mom loved it too. I dont think it is anything offensive at all. It is unique. I really hate the modern fragrances that all smell the same light flowery blandness. This is soft and spicy. I am in heaven everytime my mom wears it, because I gave my bottle to her.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G. Even a minuscule drop makes me want to vomit. Men hate it even more! Worse than Obsession. Smells like moldy towels. Could go on and on about how offensive this is to the nose:) Sadly, I cannot give it less than 1 lippie!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I used to wear this in the 80's when women wore heavier fragrances, and really liked it. However that was (egads) 30 years ago. Now women wear lighter scents that are more natural, meaning scents found in nature (clean, floral, woodsy, vanilla, or musky scents). I really love the new fragrances. My mother remembered I wore Red Door and remembered I really liked it, however, I don't think she realized that was 30 years ago, and fragrances have evolved. But I wore it a couple times simply for old times sake. Imagine my suprise when my 16 year old son complimented my on it!!!! I thought he was going to say I smelled like an old lady that wears too much perfume, but no!!! He said that should be my signature fragrance. It is a really strong scent, not one to be worn daily at work. It's an adult fragrance...and is typically worn on an evening out. Be sure not to put on too much, a little can go a long ways. It's one of those "old-school-high-maintenance-women" scents, not a young girly scent. Shall I say highly sophisticated??

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My mom used to wear this and I didnít like this fragrance. Itís just a strong floral with no appeal. On to the next fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For a EDT fragrance this one is a powerful stay with me scent. I really enjoy Elizabeth Arden fragrances and this one is a classic. I never really wanted to add it to my collection but when I passed it in the store, I would spray it on my hand or a paper, come home, and my hubby just loved it every time. Finally I purchased the smaller bottle just to have for him to enjoy and I am glad I did. It smells kind of like a fine soap to me but it is enjoyable. I think I would really like a perfume made of this. Now I want to try the other Red Door fragrances too but I never find those in any of the stores. For myself this one is a keeper and has a place in my fragrance wardrobe now. I would not label it as a Winter scent as some have said, but as an anytime scent when you want to smell clean, classy, and feminine.

Eyes: Violet

this fragrance has been around since ancient time. It has a powdery musk undertone. Baby powder is one of the most easiest fragrance to endure because that's what used for the most sensitive babies. I don't have a problem with this fragrance at all. I don't smell a lot of rotten fruits or sweet sugary stuff in it. It lasts and it doesn't induce a head ache so that's a plus for me. The price is quite affordable for the amount sold. A little goes a long way. Less is more. this fragrance works that way. I am just not that crazy about it because i haven't received compliments wearing it. I get more compliment wearing Very Sexy from Victoria's secret and they both kind of have a similar smell. I guess my natural skin isn't compatible with this fragrance

Popular Fragrances