August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by megansi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, my name is Megan, and I am a BIG addict! I have been using this product for the past 5 years and still absolutely LOVE it! I mix it up sometimes but always come back. My hair is long and can get greasy at the scalp, this product fixes that so I can actually go 3 to 4 days without washing my hair. I have used this product when my hair was colored and highlighted and still had wonderful results. I combine this product with American Cream and have seen great results! Try IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My hair is naturally silky and pretty flat. I wasn't looking for any major volume but just wanted to give it a try and the SA was so generous and gave me a ton of it as a sample. The first time I used way more than I needed to and it made my hair kind of dry. The next time I dissolved it in water and my hair was silky smooth and smelled amazing. I can get at least 10 -12 washes from a tiny sample. I never bought it cause it is kind of expensive and I don't think I will ever finish the entire tub. I get bored of shampoos very easily cause they last me so long. I dilute any and very shampoo and a 250 ml lasts be at least 5-6 months. All in all a great shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long relatively straight hair which can get greasy with the wrong products and this shampoo changed my life!

I love volume in my hair (especially with my roots) so this product really works for me in degreasifying my hair and giving me that extra oomph that I want.

It is pretty expensive for what it is but will last a pretty long time because I don't need to use much product.

I focus on my roots with this and wash every second day with big, then dry shampoo in between washes.

This is the best lush shampoo I've bought and I've a few of the shampoo bars and thought they were amazing too! I prefer big because it is easier to apply and the ocean salt in this gives my hair a fresher cleaner feel - just like after going for an ocean swim.

This is one of my fave lush products and I'm a big lush junkie :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by pegbasket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine long hair and not a lot of it either...anyway its hard to find a shampoo that does not weigh it down but still cleans it at the same time. This shampoo does that, yes it is a weird consistency and you have to dig your hand in the tub but that's a small price to pay. I get my hair wet, put the shampoo/crystals on then quickly put my head under the shower stream to dissolve the salt slightly then shampoo as normal. I only use this once a week as it is more of a clarifying shampoo with the added bonus of slightly more volume and shine, i would love to use it more often but i think it would dry my hair out. Its great for after a tough workout at the gym. This is probably my 4th tub and it usually lasts me a year. One of my hair HG's.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo worked wonders for my newly short hair.

I damaged my hair pretty badly about six months ago, and needed to get most of it cut off. I had no idea how to maintain a pixie cut, and the idea of curling or blow-drying the roots of my recovering hair worried me. So, after reading some reviews, I went into Lush and bought this shampoo.

All the other reviews about its weird texture are right. It helps to get hair really, really wet before rubbing this in, so the salt crystals dissolve and don't fall out in clumps. Still, once it's scrubbed it, it smells heavenly, and it really does give you that squeaky clean feeling. It's a fairly drying shampoo, so it's best to use with a good conditioner.

In my opinion, it's definitely worth it. My short, fine hair had a lot of visible volume and shine. It kept its shape throughout the day, without any additional styling products. And, even after a few months of use, my hair didn't dry out.

Two cons to consider: This stuff isn't cheap. With tax, it's almost $30.00. You don't have to use a lot of it, but the container isn't big either. Also, this shampoo gets less and less effective the longer your hair is. Obviously, it can't defy gravity, and as your hair gets heavier, it won't be able to lift your roots as much.

I'd definitely recommend this to short-haired or fine-haired people willing to spend a little more on shampoo. It isn't a 'must have' though, and I'm sure there are better products for most types of hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetytooth

This shampoo is my summer favourite. The texture is quite weird for me, this my first salt-based shampoo. It cleans my oily hair really well and has great fresh smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by monpetitchou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- I do love the smell, it reminds me of the beach
- It is the best clarifying shampoo I have used, it definitely leaves my hair feeling very very clean

Cons:
- I have yet to notice any voluminousness from this shampoo, but I do have extremely long hair
- It is a bit odd to use at first, because it comes out in chunks, a lot of the chunks fall off my head before I have time to lather it

Conclusion:
I really do like this shampoo. I probably will repurchase this shampoo again, but I doubt I'll need to do so anytime soon seeing as I only use a clarifying shampoo once a week.

I had to drop two lippies because I had to stop using this altogether. It dried my scalp out like crazy and I was getting large flakes coming off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo!

The idea behind it is to give your hair natural volume and makes it look shiny (hence the name 'big').
And this is exactly what it did.

The scent of it is also very pleasant. It's a clean, fresh scent.
It also lathers like a dream!

The only negative thing about this, I find, is the packaging.
It's kind of unsanitary but then again I can't imagine this shampoo coming with a pump since it consists of big chunks of sea salt.

I only use this shampoo once a week because THIS IS A CLARIFYING SHAMPOO, which means it strips your hair from both good and bad oils so you should only use it once or twice a week MAX.

Would probably repurchase, though it comes in a big tub of product and I don't think I'll run out anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very hesitant to buy this for two reasons. One, that it is kind of a weird hair product and I've never ventured away from "regular" shampoo. Two, the price is absolutely insane. I've never bought a shampoo for more than $15, so at $26.95 my wallet was hurting. I bit the bullet since I'd heard great things about the product online.
For reference, I have very straight, medium-thin hair that goes a few inches past my shoulder blades. I do have some split ends due to the process of growing out my hair, but I've never dyed my hair and I don't use a lot of heat. My scalp gets oily quite quickly.
When I used it later that night, I took a small amount and massaged my scalp with it only, and gently of course. I don't massage it into the length of my hair at all except for the root area since I can't really avoid it! I then rinsed it out and used the small sample of the solid Big Conditioner that I got on the "pony-tail" region of my hair.
When I came out of the shower I didn't use any other products on my hair because I wanted to see how both of the products worked by themselves. I combed through my hair very easily with maybe one or two small tangles. Nice! I let it air dry and my hair was just SO shiny, the ends even looked beautiful, which is saying something because I have long hair that I don't cut as often as most people.
Now for the cons. I didn't notice any ridiculous volume, but my hair is constantly battling volume of any kind anyways so it's not surprising. Judging by the name, this hair is basically suppose to defy gravity, so that was a negative for me. Maybe if I blow dry it? Another con is that Lush touts being all natural and whatever, and, well, there's sodium laureth sulfate in this, which I didn't notice until I got home. Now, I don't have an issue with that generally, but when I think I'm getting an all-natural product that only has amazing ingredients in it then it kind of bothers me. Just a bit. Another issue is the packaging. I felt like I was juggling the tub as I was applying the product to my hair and trying not to get any water in the tub. But, what can you do? It's suppose to be better for the environment so I can deal with that.
So, to sum it up. I probably would buy this again along with a regular size of the solid conditioner. I probably wouldn't use this EVERY day as you are basically exfoliating your scalp with the salt. If you have an issue with sulfates, then don't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by baby_doll007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At the age of 31, I lost about half of my fine but thick hair after suffering a long illness. I was very upset with my flat, lifeless hair. I would see other girls and they had the most beautiful head of hair. I got a new cut, with light long layers to try and improve its appearance, along with a few ribbon thin balayage highlights just to cover some greys. What has grown back is very fine and limp. Part is still straight and thin, and then part has some waves/flips which I love. I love Lush products and have used most of their products. Yes, this product is expensive but I think it is worth the splurge because its quite economical as a little tiny drop makes your whole hair lather. I love the squeaky clean effect of the salt. I also think it helps create shine and volume, and makes my hair so soft when used once a week in combination with Retread. The light citrus scent sticks around in your hair and is really refreshing. It does give some volume and make my hair fluffier. I use it once a week to deep clean, no more and my hair always looks and feels fabulous on that day. Please note this is not an everyday shampoo because it does give a really deep clean. It's a good buy for anyone with fine or flat hair. I haven't noticed that the salt has faded my highlights, in fact I think it makes them look brighter and shinier.