Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 1/24/2013 10:00:00 PM

I bought this after asking the SA for a makeup remover that would be good for my sensitive skin, and she recommended this one. I would definitely not buy this again.

I have the full size, and I've had it for almost a year, and it's practically new. I have used this on many occasions with different types and amounts of makeup but it has never seemed to remove anything for me. It does take off my makeup, but not all of it. It also is extremely hard to rinse off and seems to always leave a residue that makes me want to rinse my face more, I also always have to follow up with other cleansers multiple times in order to feel "clean" again.

On the plus side, it is very gentle and I did not break out from using it, it just didn't do anything and probably made me waste water.

on 1/19/2013 7:18:00 PM

This cleanser gets every SCRAP of make-up off my face. Foams up into a lovely soft lather and rinses lovely and clean. I have oily, acne-d, shiny-nightmare skin, so if anything I'm in favour of the slightly drying properties some people have mentioned with this cleanser. Not a bad price for a higher-end cleanser, I've never felt any irritation, dryness or anything else negative while using it, just nice clean-feeling skin. However, now that I am using a topical retinoid to treat my acne, I find it can be more drying, so I have to up my moisturiser use some days. Overall though, a fine cleanser that rinses super clean and removes make-up really effectively.

One pain in my ass with it, however, is the crappy packaging - the squeezy tube it comes in. When it gets to the point where about 1/3 of the bottle is left, it gets super hard to squeeze it out and in the end I have to cut the tube open with scissors which isn't hygienic. Pump bottle with a screw-on pump top would be better.

on 1/11/2013 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am an avid Clinique user. I honestly have never had any problems with any of their products (make-up/ facial cleansers, scrubs, and lotions).

This is a great face wash. It lathers up really well and foams up instantly. A little bit of the product goes A LONG WAY! It is sort of on the pricey side, but it honestly lasts so long. I love how this cleanser isn't super drying (still need to moisturize...not matter what, that's my skin type).

This formula isn't too mild and it isn't too harsh...It's just right.

I am so obsessed with this cleanser that when I get to the very end of the tube, I cut it in half and take portions out whenever I cleanse my face (I cover it up right after with plastic wrap).

on 1/9/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a sample of this first and threw it aside. I then saw Paula Begoun say this was a good cleanser for normal skin types so I dug it out to try.

Have to say I love it although it is a tad drying to me in the winter time. Love all of the foam and it works exceptionally with my Clarisonic. In many ways it reminds me of Lancome's foaming cleansers only fragrance free (a plus).I just follow with moisturizer and I'm not unhappy.I do precede this with a cleansing oil as I always do to make sure all sunscreen and makeup is off of my skin but this does seem to clean well nonetheless. Does not cause breakouts for me. I will look into buying a full size when it's bonus time.

I also thought to mix this with Clinique's Redness Solutions cleanser which I hate--it cleans nothing--and together this is a winning combination.

on 12/28/2012 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product will take off your makeup, but I much prefer the Take The Day Off Balm to do that. If you get this in your eyes yowwwweee.

on 12/25/2012 9:20:00 PM

I got a small size of this with another product and i mainly took it with me when travelling. It lasted for ever so you really needed a tiny amount of it but still i needed to wash my face few times to get all the make up off. Even after that my face didn't feel clean like they do with most of the cleansers i've been using. And when using a toner the cotton ball looked sometimes really sickening with the residue. Not going to buy.

on 12/18/2012 11:37:00 PM

Great cleanser! I've been using this for years and years. Very gentle yet it also cleanses very thoroughly. This product dispenses out as a light cream and turns to foam when you add water. It is my favorite cleanser to use for removing makeup, takes everything right off. This is a little on the pricey side, but it's a superior product to any of the drugstore foaming cleansers I've tried. Perfect for my oily-combo skin, this is a staple item for me and I always have a tube of this in my house.

on 12/7/2012 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I only tried this as I received it in a gift set. I really like the way it foams. I can understand why people don't like the way it leaves the face very dry after using it but because I have oily skin, I don't mind. I don't think it stopped breakouts but overall it was a nice cleanser to use in between buying a new one.

on 12/2/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It foams up nicely, and you only need to use a very small amount (pea sized, for me) to get a nice lather. The problem is that it dries my skin out after a few uses. It might work better for me in the summer when my skin isn't so dry, but in the winter it makes my skin tight and flaky.

on 11/25/2012 2:13:00 PM

I've been using this for about two days, and just HAD to review it! It is awesome. If foams up so well. It doesn't suds like normal cleanser, it actually become a very thick, white foam. It removes all of my makeup from the day and leaves my skin feeling clean without over drying or leaving a residue. I have noticed that with other cleansers after I wash my face, my toner (Target brand witch hazel) always finds leftover makeup that my cleanser didn't remove. After using this, there is NOTHING left behind! I'm shocked! It doesn't irritate my skin at all either which is a huge plus. My husband got me two bottles of this out of a Christmas gift basket at work about a year ago for me and I never really used it until now. We'll see how this holds up, but hopefully it'll stay just as amazing!