August 22, 2014 | 2031 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product disappointed me. I thought the green colour would cover my acne mark redness. It has the potential to do so, but you can't do it unless you want a disgusting cakey face. This product only allows a very small amount on your face before it gets cakey. It also mixes with my other makeup making my face very ghostly white. It really doesn't blend easily. If you try to blend it, it ends up making it very thin and not covering anything. I'm very unsatisfied with this product and will not be repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by blond1wd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this in the green because I have pretty bad redness in my t-zone. It works good for me, just really has to be blended well because it's a bit thick.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by krisalys87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Works, but has a very drying/ashy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by 0Bicycle0

I've been using this product since I was 15 (8 years now) and it's still one of the best concealers I've used. I've tried many, of course, but this one is the best for my oily, acne-prone scarred up skin. I am probably around a nc10/n1 in mac and end up using shade#1 in this concealer. This concealer is good for me because my oily skin is well-moisturized and therefore the concealer blends well and doesn't "drag". Its coverage is great and I have never failed in being able to cover up really bad/bright acne and scars. I use sparingly and it looks great when applied properly. I also use it for highlighting a bit. Staying power is amazing, even on my oily skin that usually wipes away all makeup. This stuff lasts! As in, I've had it on during all-nighters and it's still been in place the next day. Crazy. For 5 bucks, it's definitely worth it to me. Convenient size and shape--almost looks like a lipstick. Fits easily in a little purse. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

Why I like the yellow one, its a very easy to find, affordable corrector that will last a long time since you use very little at a time. Ite water resistant, I don't need it for swimming but for me this means its very long wearing, stays put. The finish is satin matte on me. Here is a good way to apply it for a natural look, I put some onto a clean surface then use a fine brush to only get a tiny bit on. Then apply to any red spots/areas, AFTER I have done all of my other makeup but before setting with powder. If its obvious after dotting on, pat and your fingers warmth will correct that. I don't use this under my eyes but I have very, very, dry under eye skin. This is a cost effective, now often overlooked drugstore staple that can save some a lot of money while offering very good coverage and a covered but still fresh, non-cakey look. This has almost the same wear as Dermablend concealer once set with powder then spritzed lightly with water. I find the medium while not advertised a correcto, is quite peachy, not common for ds concealers. The peach tone is very good for brightening other areas, and for those with normal to oily skin for under eye circles. Use eye cream/spf first, then only use a bit on a concealer brush (not the teeny one for spots, wider, flatter, and pat on just the darkest areas. The light is also very good for darker spots. They all mix well togeether so if the product agrees with you, especially if you are newer to makeup and just building your own personal kit, you can have a palette of correctors, concealers, that work well for a very small investment and so much product for the price. One thing, the green is touted for redness but can look ashy if you're not vert adept with such correctors. I personally like yellow correctors for redness as many others so too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in green since my under eye circles are mostly red, and I have a lot of redness all over my face that i wanted to try this on. This concealer feels really drying, and it's hard to blend, and under your eyes you end up pulling and tugging because patting it in isn't really an option. It doesn't cover very well and it wears off pretty fast. I didn't really like this at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I simultaneously purchased both this concealer and the Covergirl CG Smoothers Concealer strictly for comparison, since both of these concealers are very similar in function and appearance.
I found that this is a really good concealer; I actually like this one better than Smoothers.
While Smoothers only comes in 6 shades, this one comes in 8 shades that really vary. (I like how it comes in a yellow and a green for correcting dark circles and redness.) I'm NC30 with strong yellow undertones and Medium Beige is a really good match. It's actually yellow-based, unlike Smoothers, which only comes in really pink shades.
The consistency of this concealer is really creamy and smooth, just like Smoothers is. Its creaminess allows for easy application and blending. I find that applying with my ring finger works best. Just gently pat it on, and blend blend blend. You don't need to use a concealer brush. You don't even need to set it with a powder.
The coverage is the same as Smoother's coverage. They both give medium-to-full coverage, which is sufficient to cover up most of my dark acne marks (the main reason why I wanted a concealer in the first place was to cover up my marks). It doesn't cover up my most prominent marks, but it does a good job of making them less prominent. I find that Smoothers settles into the fine lines under my eyes more than this one does. This concealer settles into fine lines too, but not as much as Smoothers. It does cover up the dark circles, however because it settles into fine lines, it's not really that good for dark circles.
The price was $5 at Rite Aid, which is an awesome deal! Totally worth it!

REASONS WHY I LIKE THIS BETTER THAN COVERGIRL CG SMOOTHERS CONCEALER:
-Available in more shades.
-Available in correcting shades, like yellow and green.
-It's cheaper.
-It's actually yellow-based, not totally pink.
-Comes with more product.

Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is pretty cheap. I use it to conceal my dark eye circles and it does cover up a bit. It is not very easy to blend though and neither is it flawless. I don't like the packaging of this product because it makes it look like something from a 2 dollar store.
Overall, this product does the basics of a concealer without flawlessness but what can you expect from a cheap product?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this and have been using this since high school. That is about 10-12 years. It's on the thicker side and creamy and full coverage. I have very dry skin and this glides on nicely and covers up any blemish or dark spot. I have tried many other concealers but they are usually too light in coverage, too drying or the shade is off. I don't find this drying and I have super dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this stuff for stage, since high school.
For those who find it to drying...I can definitely see that it would be drying for every day use, But for stage,once you begin to perspire....it's dry nature is a plus.
The color choices are limited, but I have seen many make-up artists make custom blends from them.
I also use this for daily use, but I blend it with moisturizer before applying.