October 20, 2014 | 1829 users online

Lotions/ Creams - TendSkin - Tend Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very expensive stuff, but worth the weight in gold. I have swim meets few times a week, but having to go through waxing and shaving has wrecked my skin. Tend skin stings like a mother** but works well on ingrown hair and those clogged bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I probably have about 5 or 6 bottles of TendSkin in my cabinet right now. It works like a miracle when it comes to razor bumps, ingrown hairs, etc. I use it on my underarms, legs and bikini area. There are only a few minor cons: stings the first few times, but it wear off after a 4 or 5 uses, and it dries out my skin, which can be fixed with lotion.

Bottom Line: I highly reccommend this to everyone and anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by ashlei130

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't rave enough about this product, as it's been a staple for me for the past 2 years. I use it esoecially before and after bikini waxes and no longer experience painful ingrown hairs (and I have very thick hair). I now have my bf using this product for razor bumps on his face and he is also seeing good results. This product exfoliates, so you might peel, but following up with a good moisturizer will help.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So happy I finally tried this. I've tried everything to prevent and treat ingrowns and red bumps.. this is the only thing that has worked consistently.

The only thing that scared me before was the price (It's about $20 for the smaller sized bottle), but this WORKS. Worth the cost, and will continue to repurchase forever....

The "homemade version" doesn't work like this does.

Remember to apply to dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I didn't think this product worked for quite a while because I was using it incorrectly. When I first used it I splashed on a lot using a cotton ball after a bath when I was still wet-it burnt and irritated my skin, leaving me with more red little bumps than I had had. This time, around, however, I applied a very small amount using a tissue and only after my skin was completely dry. I then applied a natural lotion on top. I have been doing this for a week now after my showers and for the first time I have no red bumps in my bikini zone where I always get them after shaving. I do feel the product is over priced and it can be drying and smells bad but since it is so effective I am going to continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

back in JULY, i made the mistake of getting a brazilian from a back-alley place for only $15, biggest mistake of my life. within days i had a bunch of red bumps on my "area!" I had gotten many waxes before this and had never had this problem. I asked an aesthetician acquaintance of mine about it and she said that my waxer must have been using unclean supplies and probably gave me a staph infection :(. She told me about tendskin way back when this problem first started, but when I saw the price I was reluctant to try it out. My gyno saw the bumps and she said I should let it grow out, but that didn't change anything. So I tried every single suggestion that can be found online except for tendskin, INCLUDING homemade tend skin (which DOES NOT have the same formula and didn't do anything for me) and bikini zone. After dealing with this humiliating problem until FEBRUARY I finally caved and went to sephora and bought tendskin. within TWO DAYS i was amazed at the improvement and within a week i had perfectly smooth skin. after dealing with this problem for MONTHS. if you suffer from bikini bumps, stop wasting your time with other products and just buy this so you can get it over with! it'll get the job done! p.s. i have the most sensitive skin of everyone i know, and this didn't bother me one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by genesis81

I had been looking for a product that would prevent/treat ingrown hairs and bumps for my husband. He tends to get several bumps right underneath his jawline and neck from shaving. I asked for suggestions on this site and I was told to try tendskin. I went to Ulta and was shocked at the price but figured if it worked, it was worth it. It does work, he doesn't have problems with bumps pretty much at all anymore. He has been using it for a month now and the bottle is still almost full. I am pretty sure it will last him at least six months, so for $20 it really isn't too bad. I will definitely buy this for him again when it runs out.

Oh and I also used it after a brazilian wax and the result was the same. No bumps!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by CA007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the TendSkin deodorant. While is smells nasty and chemically upon application, it works at neutralizing odors. It is unscented, but one or two swipes under the arm is all you need for protection. My only issue is that I prefer to use natural products... I am loving my Hugo Naturals sea fennel and passionflower deodorant!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by GiRLyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

HG status for ingrown hairs especially on the bikini line. It's very harsh in an exfoliation sense. If you use too much too often your skin will peel. At one point I did not use it on cotton pads I used my hands, next day I had peeling hands so it's strong and effective. One tip that I *think* makes it more effective is 1. use it on DRY skin, it also states this on the bottle 2. Use a moisturizer after.
In a pinch I've also used it as a spot treatment dabbed on a qtip but very rarely because as I said before it's very drying and strong.
The smell is SUPER strong, your bathroom will reek for a couple of minutes after.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the ONLY ingrown hair treatment I've found that works. However it is ridiculously expensive for what it is and has a fairly short ingredients list so I make my own. Works just as well. I tend to add more witch hazel than the recipes you'll find. I think this makes it less harsh, I don't get any of the skin peeling probems other people have mentioned.