November 23, 2014 | 1223 users online

Brows - Laura Mercier - brow powder duo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by triciat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG brow powder... I'm Asian with dark brown/blackish hair and have had trouble finding a color that isn't too fierce. I took the advice here and tried the Ash colors and they look great. Very natural, easy to apply and long wearing. I couldn't be happier!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

Finally my search for a perfect brow color is over! I have dark brown/blackish hair and so I have dark brown eyebrows. I was using an eyeshadow color to fill in my brows and it was too dark and I knew it. So after I had a free makeover at the LM counter I knew I had to get this eyebrow duo powder. I am DEEP BLONDE for my color and the MA showed me how to tap into the dark color 3 times and then tap once into the lighter color for a darker toned brown....and then vice versa for a bit lighter color....I thought that was very useful bc I change my haircolor once in a while. This brow powder will last forever for sure. It is very very natural and lasts all day. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2005 5:29:00 AM More reviews by gchoe

Edited 7/30/12 - I'm still in a bit of shock. Ash has been discontinued! I'm running low, so went to go buy a new one, and they tell me it's gone. A quick search online confirms. Seriously, why would they do discontinue such a great product. I've been using this product for almost 10 years and have never found anything else that has the same color match, staying power, while providing such a natural look. Super sad. . .

Originally reviewed Sept 2005
This is the best eye brow solution I've found to date. Looks so natural, no one can tell they are drawn in. I'm asian, natural hair color dark brown/softer black with various brown highlights (natural). Everthing else I've tried makes my brows look either too black/Groucho Marx-y or too brown/red (browns look unnatural with asian hair, usually too auburn).

I have this in Ash and I love it. Ash is the best match I have found for my hard-to-match brows. The taupe in this duo it perfect, not too brown, not to gray. It is dark enough to match my brows yet sheer enough not to give you that "solid" brow look. The two shades can be mixed and matched.
One side is a taupe, the other a neutral brown. I love this product. Plus it lasts forever, I had my first compact for about 2 (maybe 3) years, finally just bought a replacement as I'm starting to get to the last remaining bits of my first compact.

Also, the LM 2-ended eyebrow brush is a great find (a must have if you don't already have a brow brush you love), bristles are firm enough to handle the slight waxiness of the powders, yet soft and gentle on the skin. And the small tip is great for detailing and creating a thinner look. If you don't already have a brush, definitely consider it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by LouEH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in "Ash", one is a taupe, the other a neutral brown. Neither are dark, or light...sort of perfect medium. The difference in my browns is wonderful. I love this product....I already had a good brush, but I did cave and also bought the eye-brow gel. Also wonderful, wouldn't go without it. I am really very surprised how much better my brows look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Phuang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried all sorts of brow products. I've got brownish/black hair. I'm asian. I've tried all sorts of brow stuff - pencils (too drawn in), gels or the stuff that looks like mascara for the brows (goes on too thick or heavy like mascara can! and it looked too intense and of course, sales people always tell you don't use pencil, use the gel, then don't use gel...use powder! Laura Mercier brow powder is great! I've got it in "brunette" so, it's got black and brown. Another poster mentioned that you have to mix. The saleswoman told me I would be a 2-1 and it works and so easy to apply and natural looking! I had it on and then met up w/a friend. She asked what I bought and couldn't believe that it was powder! She thought they were my natural brows! Love it! It takes patience tho, you have to use small strokes and get the right brush. I think it'll also last me FOREVER! It's alot for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2004 2:58:00 PM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the blonde duo. I have caramel hair color and very tan skin, but the brow color works well with the color of my hair and complexion.

I purchased the brow brush with both ends. I love it. The trick to make your brows look more defined is to "wet" the brush slightly then dab the brush in the brow powder and apply. Works very well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 5:13:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was sucked in big time by the MA at my local LM counter. There is definitely an art to applying brow powder and it is one that I am not likely to ever achieve.. no matter what product i buy!! I'm chinese so I got the brunette version - there are two shadow pans per compact and this has a black and brown. The idea is that you mix the two and then apply to your brows with a special brsuh (not included). Suprisingly - I could never get the mix right!! I have black hair - how hard could it have been? I either looked like groucho marx or else as if I'd dusted my face with cocoa powder (waste of cocoa powder!!)... I'm resigned now to using brow gel and when my confidence improves, I'd like to give the chanel blonde brow pencil a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by TheAngel

I love this powder - definitely my favorite brow powder. I am usually a brow pencil or colored wax person, but this stuff is great. I have "Ash" and it is the best match I have ever found for my hard-to-match brows. I have very fair, cool-toned skin and light/medium brown hair with golden and red undertones. Although my brows are sparse in areas, the individual hairs are very dark brown, so using a dark blonde or regular brown color never matches. If I use a brunette shade, my brows look way too dark against my skin. The shade "Ash" is perfect because it is dark enough to match my brows yet sheer enough not to look too dark against my skin. The two shades can be mixed and matched too - my only sorta gripe is that I'd like to see a brow wax included.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kristenlouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's fine. Nothing wrong with it. But I feel like I could use a powder eyeshadow with exactly the same results. Stuff like this makes me wish I swapped. Anyone want one of these in blond? j/k I'd never make it to the post office and then I'd have negative swap tokens. :-0

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2004 5:14:00 PM More reviews by tulipswallow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in soft blonde which is, surprisingly, one of the best brow colors I have ever found for my red hair. I love the duo colors for the flexibility they offer -- both colors are very natural looking, but together ... wow -- you can't tell you are wearing brow product. My only wish is that she would include a light wax in the compact -- altho I find the powders stay on faily well, I like the security of a swipe of wax over the powder. Otherwise, I think this is a must-have. One of the best brow products I have tried.