July 30, 2014 | 1335 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by doombloom

I actually bought this for my sister as a present but I had to keep stealing it away from her. I'm normally not big on sparkles but I would use some of this in the shower whenever I desired awesome shimmeryness. It's really lovely and the scent is great! You can even use some on your eyelids if you like sparkles there too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 7:06:00 AM More reviews by meenz

I actually have two very different versions of this.. one is gold with gold glitter and the other is white with green glitter. I have only tried on the white with green glitter and it's pretty and fun to use but it smells a bit like a boyish scent.. can't put my finger on it as it's supposed to be vanilla/lavender. I like it as a moisturizer but it's bugging me that I can't figure out why this reminds me of boys!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2007 6:55:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this and totally love the smell... LUSH always managed to make everything smell fab... This is easy to apply and the smell on the skin is so sexy... This makes my tanned skin glows and the little sparkles catches the light at all angles... A pity that took down a lippie is the storage prob: i kept it in the original bag but the smell of the essential oils went "off" and i had to take out my shampoo bar to put the shimmy shimmy in the tin instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yay, heart shaped massage bars! I like Shimmy Shimmy much better than its sister, Soft Coeur and always have one on hand during the holiday season. Perfect amount of sparkles and smells heavenly. I buy these and put them in the solid shampoo bar containers and give them to girlfriends as little gifts. Always a hit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely adore this little gem. It smells sexy, gives a nice glow to my collarbone and shoulders and moisturizes. Great for clubbing, but melts easily, so make sure to put it in a cool place.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by puddingpaws

I love the heart/bum shape...so cute. This has the most wonderful spicy vanillla scent to it, and the shimmer is subtle, not obnoxious

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 8:27:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

I love this massage bar so much! The glitter is just enough to make your skin glowy and sexy without going over the top. This product is versatile and has many uses - imparts a healthy, shimmery tan, moisturizes, and best of all - has the same "slice of heaven" scent as American Cream conditioner! I also put a dab on my hair for shine, and a dab on my lips mixed in with gloss for shimmer. I bought four of these at once and will repurchase over and over!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bckbbb

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first LUSH product. I buy it because of the great MUA reviews. The tiny sparkles/shimmer is very pretty. Glitterbug's sparkles are too large for my age. The scent of the shimmy shimmy massage bar is very comforting. I prefer to use it right after shower, when my skin is still warm and moist. It leaves skin soft and sweetly scented. However, the shimmer doesn't last on me like other users said so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

Oh how I love Shimmy shimmy!! Like the reviewer below, this is one of my first LUSH products as well and I am in love! Shimmy is described as being pinky-gold in LUSH Times, which it is. But it also has glints of green and copper as well. It's almost like the glimmers are pink on one side and copper on the flip side and the gold glimmers have green on the flip side. Someone described Shimmy as being similar to an opal, which I find spot on. It's currently $5.65 USD for 1 oz which I find quite reasonble when you consider that not only does it give you a glimmery tan goddess look, it also can be used as perfume and a body moisturizer as well. How many perfumes do you know of that cost this little and multi-task as well?
My fav use for this is on my bare feet when I'm wearing sandals. I actually look like I got a pedicure. It makes any body part you put this on a man magnet. Pair this with American Cream conditioner (which was made to smell just like this) if you want all noses on you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Goodness! i love this bar! its one of my first LUSH items and i am hooked! if all the other massage bars are this moisturizing, i'm buying them all! lol This one smells exceptionally nice, and it lingers on throughout the day and the shimmer seems to stay on too. I love how the bar can just melt on your hands and so you can easily apply all over. Its a bit pricy but i can see how this bar can last a long time.