Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

3.3

on 4/3/2010 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite scents. It is a heavy floral scent that is really very unique. I like it because it feels like my signature fragrance, however I would not wear it every day because it is sometimes too strong. All you need is one spritz and it lasts all day.

The last thing I can say about this perfume is that it smells different in the bottle/on paper than it does on your skin. Try it out before buying it!!!! It is expensive, so make sure you love it on YOU.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The name rings true for this perfume, It is absolutely beyond paradise. I wore this for a long time during high school and the beginning of college and loved it more than any fragrance ever. period.When I wore it I felt confident and as if I was transported to Bali or heaven. I received tons of compliments when I wore it and men found it irresistible. I forgot all about it for a while. This past weekend while in Duane Reade I saw this perfume on sale for 20.00 and I stocked up and when I got home and sprayed it I was transported back to heaven. I could not believe I stopped wearing this for so long. I am so glad I have it again and from now on this will be my signature fragrance forever. I would recommend Beyond Paradise to any woman who wants to feel sexy and empowered.

on 3/15/2010 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Beyond paradise reminds me of being inside a greenhouse filled with orchids. The smell of flowers combined with misted water slowly rising with the heat...Heady but refreshing at the same time. At times I get a whiff of Frangipanni (temple flower), which is weird as it's not one of the notes. I've noticed that most men cannot resist the smell of Beyond Paradise. I always get asked about this when ever I wear this. The lasting power is very good. And best of all I got the 3.4 oz tester for around 35USD in Sri Lanka.

on 3/3/2010 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is an amazing perfume! I only wear sweet/floral fragrances, so this product works for me. You only need a spray or two and this perfume stays on! I love how refreshing and flowerey it is..I feel like I'm in Hawaii everytime I wear it :-)))

cons:
-price

on 2/18/2010 2:16:00 AM

This is the ONLY perfume I will wear. Many times I ask boyfriends to buy me perfumes but I always ALWAYS reach for this one. The only other perfume I was this much In love with was Ralph by Ralph Lauren - I wore that from when I was about 14 till 16. My grandmother first started wearing this perfume and using the body lotion and it seriously smelled so so good I asked for this on my 17th birthday. I am almost 21 now and I swear I don't think I can ever change perfume. Most other perfumes make me feel sick and are very heavy and musky. If they ever discontinue this I don't know what I will do! A beautiful fragrance for any age.

PS - Beyond Paradise in solid form does not smell anything like the spray or body lotion. skip these.

PPS - My grandmother still wears this perfume - she is 79!

on 1/21/2010 11:49:00 PM

It seems like everyone detects a different flower in Beyond Paradise. Some say they detect jasmine, others say gardenia, etc. As for me, I get nothing but stargazer lilies, you know, the majestic pink and white lilies that you often find in mixed bouquets from a professional florist's shop. Wow.

Having said that, I usually prefer fragrances that are less aggressively floral, so I wouldn't wear this every day. A small decant for the right mood and the right occasion will do just fine.

Lovely bottle, by the way.

EDIT: I tried on Anais Anais for the first time today, and I just realized a resemblance between it and Beyond Paradise. If you like one, you'll probably like the other.

on 12/30/2009 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have severe allergies, so I have to be careful with fragrances. I use very little of Beyond Paradise, but it lasts all day. The bottle is beautiful and I love the scent. [Originally posted Dec. 2009.] ETA in Feb. 2011 -- apparently my tastes have changed or the scent has, since I've had the same bottle for about 1.5 years. I find I don't like this scent as much as I used to. Now I notice the "artificial" notes -- I don't know how else to describe them. Changing my rating from 5 to 4.

i really like this the scent is kinda a soft floral, slightly tropical scent but not too strong, and it lasts all day. the bottle is so pretty @_@ but dont put this on your clothes it reacts and smells kinda like eggs.

on 11/1/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because the bottle was pretty and I wanted something new to take on vacation with me a couple months ago. However, after wearing it a few times it just didn't wow me enough so I ended up packing something else. That's not to say that I don't like it's fruity floral fragrance, I do, but I find it a bit unremarkable.

on 10/25/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was flat on my skin. Maybe it would be lovely with the right chemistry. It was a sweet floral without brightness, dimensions, and life.

Popular Fragrances