December 20, 2014 | 1719 users online

Highlighters - Eyeko - Eyeko's Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ikura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best things about this cream are the texture (super light and creamy, really does feel like a pink marshmallow), the scent (again, sort of marshmallowy - LOVE it), the packaging (super adorable, with a green cartoon animal on top), and the gentleness (does not bother my sensitive skin - face or eye area). On the other hand, it is really more of a primer/highlighter/treatment than a moisturizer. After experimenting with it for quite some time I have decided I really only like it as an eye cream, or on my neck. I like to layer it on my lids so that it serves as an eye primer, covers those little tiny veins that you can sometimes see, and adds a nice sheen. I don't like the sparkle under my eyes because I think it might emphasize my dark circles more than correct them, and I don't like it as much on the rest of my face because I think it's not all that flattering. But I will keep using it, it's addictive and yummy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 4:55:00 PM More reviews by surferchick2

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very very pretty highlighter. It gives that perfect glow on your face that can be hard to do with a powder or thicker cream highlighter. The one thing I wasn't expecting that it would give this pink sheen on my entire face. It's marketed more as a moisturizer & eye cream than it is a color cosmetic product and was a bit surprised that the light reflecting particles were a more obvious sheen. If you're not aware of this, you may think it looks greasier than it actually is. It does absorb well and for my oily skin (with flakiness from exfoliants), it feels great but it can look shiny. I still have to say it makes my skin look very pretty and would love to wear this everywhere on a night out, but during the day and natural light, I'll pretty much keep it on my cheeks and eye area or wherever my big pores aren't.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2005 1:32:00 PM More reviews by minanmi

Just got this product a bit ago, and so far, loving it. For about $18.50 (ouch, I know) you get 50ml/1.7 fl oz of product, which is ok. I got this mainly because ulta.com had a gift with purchase option that gave you a $19 value eyeko makeup makeout kit with any eyeko product...hot!

Eyeko has incredibly cute packaging, and this product is no exception. Its little pink jar has a blue screwcap, and comes packed with cotton-candy smelling (the smell is quite strong, so watch out) and colored lotion. In the jar, the lotion has a definite disco-ball kind of shimmer to it; applied to the face, the effect is a little more frosted looking than normal, but still acceptable. The lotion feels a bit waxy upon first application, but absorbs after a minute or two into the skin. Very light, I've been putting this on under my daily SPF to give my skin more oomph when I'm feeling lazy about using TM or foundation. I think the effect might be a bit much for the day; it might be better for nightwear. Additionally however, the product makes your skin look AMAZING in photos...in general, I think I will repurchase when my jar runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 2:51:00 AM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the shimmer this gives, but it is slightly drying, so I like to mix it in with my normal kiehls moisturizer. The packaging is so cute, and I love what it does. Adorable!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a decent moisturizer. Oil-free and quick to absorb into the skin. However, I was expecting more of a glow from my skin after using it than I got. I didn't see anything like that. Overall, an ok product but I wouldn't rebuy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jezebelthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I really wanted to like this a lot, I found myself only liking it some.
I heard that Kylie Minouge uses this on her skin and everyone was raving about it so when I saw it on special I thought I'd give it a try.
I'm afraid to say, I wasn't overly impressed, I found it to be a little drying although the shimmer was pretty and an unexpected bonus in an everyday moisturiser.
Also if this product came with a built in sunscreen it would be so much better especially as it contains the active ingredient Retinyl Palmitate which is a known chemical exfoliant and thus will thin the skin and make it more sensitive to sunlight.
I do so love the packaging though, sooo cute. The scent wasn't bad either.
I'm in two minds about whether I would repurchase this, I did actually like the finish it gave to my skin but wasn't too impressed with the feel of it on, I think if I saw this on sale I would buy it but otherwise I would not bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2005 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know about this as an every day moisturizer - it doesn't offer enough to my skin besides moisture for me. Besides that, it IS moisturizing, but best of all, it gives a pretty shimmer to anywhere you put it. I don't care what anyone says about this not being shimmery, there is a DEFINITE pink/red shimmer in the base of this cream. I like it as a subtle highlighter and it makes skin look dewy and pretty, not too sparkled. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by deliah008

I love the cream for its smell, the gleam, and the overall texture. It hasn't caused any breakouts on my face yet. The packaging, although cute, is kind of cheap (my lid does not screw all the way down). Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the product. The price is now $18.50 on Sephora, instead of the previous $15. But I would buy again when I run out (hopefully it won't be out of stock then, as it is most of the time on Sephora).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2004 1:29:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

This is a HG cream for a few reasons:
It absorbs INSTANTLY into my skin unlike any other cream I've used.
It has no glow or iridescence to it IMO, which I am glad for because I don't like shimmer.
The packaging is also so cute and the smell is great-marshmallow.

The only thing that could make it better would be sunscreen but even w/o it, I will repurchase and repurchase! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 9:49:00 AM More reviews by porkypine

I really really like this! I have been an avid Revlon Skinlights user for some time. So clearly I am fine with the "glow" these kinds of products give. I never look shiney or freakish at all. What I like about this better than Skinlights even, is that is it NON-GREASY. It applies very lighty and dries quickly, making it perfect for my oily skin! I would highgly recommend this to anyone with oily skin that is smooth and free is wrinkles or acne. You will love to glow!