November 27, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Spark

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a red lip kind of woman, was wearing red when everyone else wasn't and couldn't have been happier. I wear Chanel Holiday,Saturn, Dragon and Metal Garnet with abandon. I bought the hype that Spark replicated the lips of starlets from the 1940's. This idea was appealing to me, what could be more classically elegant than that? I thought of Hurell and Penn studio portraits of Ingrid Bergman,Veronica Lake, Marlene Dietrich and Lauren Bacall, my namesake.Well, Spark is awful! Seriously, I just can't wrap my head around this gloss. The color is what only can be described as a grayed red, muted yes but objectionably so. I saw no spark or sparkle and the berry tones were grayish as well. Being as pale as I am red toned lip colors really stand out, which is something I strive to acheive, this did not acheive that or the muted look so fashionable when worn with a smokey eye. This color on me can only be described as sickly. The staying power and feathering was unbearable to the point that I simple apply and remove regardless of how or what I prime my lips with. Everytime I give this gloss a another chance it abuses me like a bad man. I so wanted to like this as I have a massive collection of Chanel lipsticks and have been wearing the line since Chanel hit US shores in 1980 or thereabout. I can only hope I received a defective tube owing to the fact this is so very loved by others and loathed by me. Prodeed with caution.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by blyss

This is a pretty big departure from my normal opinion of Chanel glosses but this one does deserve a chance from everyone. I'm a NC30, LM Sunny Beige, Stila C, and Chanel 20 with black hair and black eyes. My lips are medium pink pigmented and can usually turn a neutral red into a berry.

This shade is not what it appears in the tube... It looks neutral warm red with a heavy dose of gold. On the lips, it is actually kinda cool toned... it turned a berry on me. I would say it's not a true berry but more like a raspberry (think a blue red but not enough to be berry toned). The shimmer and shine is quite high but it really does suit the gloss. The gold seen in the tube is mirrored on the lips (which is quite nice!). I like the texture... it's smooth and not drying. I dont mind the scent either. Overall, it's a great shade... works well with my skintone and it maybe one of the few chanel glosses worth the heavy $$$. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I already own and love Pagoda Glossimer, but I figured it was time for a new color for the holidays so I got Spark off eBay (as Sephora and Nordies were sold out!). It looks scary-dark in the tube, very magenta with gold shimmer, but is beautiful on my pigmented lips. It IS magenta but it's very muted, and the shimmer isn't gritty or intolerable. Punches up my lips and really looks good with a non-dramatic eye look for daytime. Texture and lasting power are excellent, as with all Glossimers. Priced at $24, these glosses are worth it! (But it didn't get a 5 from me because the tube gets gunked up quickly!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by reeast

I was shocked at how much I love this color!! In the tube, it looked kind of like a scary, very pigmented red color (like the Passion Glossimer Extreme). However, on the lips it is a gorgeous, semi-sheer raspberry red with verrrry slight gold shimmer. Seriously, it is my new HG. It goes with everything. My boyfriend doesn't like that I love it so much though, bc since it is colored, he never wants to kiss me when I have it on :p It also wears off well, and looks like a lovely stain when the gloss part is gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by petlewin

Wow!! This is a very pretty berry/hint o bronze color!! Im a ddd and i normally hate berry colors, im more of a bronze and brown kinda girl. But this is very wearable and sheer.The price is a bit painful and thankfully i was able to get my 2nd one from e-bay, however i would purchase again. The staying power is pretty decent and 1 tube does last much longer than mac's lipglass.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by witticiism

I really like this Glossimer so far. I got this based off of recs on the board for a sheer red/berry gloss and this is absolutely perfect. It seems to turn almost a sparkling ruby shade with gold shimmer on me. It brightens up my face and, as of now, will be my standard fall and winter lip. I'd buy this again as soon as I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

Spark is my third Glossimer - I also have Sesame and Sungold - and I'm rapidly becoming a Glossimer addict. I love the non-sticky texture, and the not-too-sheer coverage, and these are definitely the longest-lasting glosses on me. In tube, Spark looks like a very dark berry with shimmer, but once applied, Spark is medium-toned berry, and less fuschia than Hibiscus (which I swatched at the counter). This is a very wearable daily shade, and brightens my whole face. Looks great when paired with minimal eye makeup for a classic look. The price is expensive but for me, it's worth it! The packaging is very chic, and I plan on repurchasing Spark when needed. For reference: NC30, Asian, yellow-neutral skintone; brunette/brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This gloss was chosen for me by a Chanel MA, and initially I looked at it and thought, "Ugh, not another berry shade", because I feel like I have so many and I was looking for something unique. Spark is very different from the tube, as it is actually a sparkling red shade, almost like a hybrid between strawberry and raspberry, with a hint of sparkle. It is truly beautiful! I think that it immediately brightens my face and makes me look very polished when I wear it. I have been using Chanel's Aqua Crayon in Cognac to bring out the redness of the shade, and I find that pencil goes perfectly with it. As with the other Glossimers that I own, this leaves my lips soft and with a really good color payout even after the gloss itself has worn off. I would definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

This was my introduction to Chanel and to glossimers and was thanks to another MUAer who really generously RAOKed me. Well, I guess I thought I knew what lip gloss was supposed to be like but I really had no idea until this most wonderful of lg experiences. I have even tried other HE glosses (like trish mcevoy) and really there is no comparison in overall quality. This product goes on smooth, lasts well and looks, well, simply gorgeous. The color is beautiful berry with gold sparkle (but in a very subtle way). Really can't recommend this enough. I'm NC35 - olive, 42 yo.
Follow-up...since I tried giggle glossimer, its become my new HG so this is still lovely, but I reach for giggle alot more.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by rottenbanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this gloss. It is my first glossimer, and they are a very impressive formula. Not sticky at all, good staying power. My only with is that Spark came in a lipstick formula. Sometimes I just don't want all the shine. But I can't have it all. This color looks beautiful on anyone! Depending on how much I apply, it's a sheerly bright pink (but not a loud color) or red. It has lovely subtle gold flecks.