November 28, 2014 | 1843 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Unity

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 6:22:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

I like this color, but I'm not blown away. I looooove the texture of Glossimers, so I always toy with the testers at the mall, but most of them look terrible on me- the colors are just not for me, most of them. The ones I have, I don't use all that much. The best so far have been Blizzard, the LE Pagoda, and when I'm feeling feisty, Force. I did just buy this one, as it looks not as brown as I'd feared. This one is a complex mix of bronzy brown, rose and mauve. It looks like a very wearable, moderately shimmery pinkish light bronze. I like it better than most brownish colors, and will use it when I wear something on the warmer side (unusual as that is!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

(Uh-oh, I think I've found my HG MLBB and it's a glossimer! Not a good sign for my wallet. Anyway, onto the review.) I've been wanting to try this for awhile and managed to swap for a mini version. I've been on a MLBB kick lately and this is the closest to an HG I've come so far. "Unity" is a warm, rosy (more of a berry/winey/reddish tone than pink or mauve) slightly bronzed color with just enough brown to make it a sophisticated neutral. Perfectly balanced and sooo flattering on me (PPP-MMM/GGG; deeper and warmer in the summer; fairly pale in the winter). Looks like a deeper, glossier version of my own lip color but without the hint of mauve that most neutrals have (something I dislike since mauve tends to amplify the cool tones in my lips, making them clash with my warmer coloring). Unity is a slightly deeper and rosier version of MAC Beaux lustreglass. Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatment in Elegant Cognac is a fair knock-off, too, though the latter has more of a milk chocolate sheen, while Unity has the tiniest of gold sparkles suspended in it, giving lips a warm, glowy luster. (Wet 'n' Wild's Bronzeberry lipgloss is the closest yet, but it has an awful Flintstones vitamins scent and chemical taste). But the pigmentation of this is perfect--I can swipe it on without 'adjusting' it with lipliner or another lippie or blotting or any of that. The texture is that slick, slightly sticky gel-like texture that glossimers have. Packaging is classy, but there seems to be an inherent problem with glossimer tubes in that the wand tends to push out gloss so that it gunks up the opening. Very expensive at around 24 USD, though you do get a pretty good amount of gloss. Sigh. The last part is the kicker for me--now off to beg, borrow, or steal another one (just kidding about that last one). continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ahenema

omg, i have heard all the raves about chanel glossimers and today made the mistake of stopping at their counter. the ma suggested that i try unity. she put it on me and it looked wonderful. it's a shimmery bronze color w/some frost. it's a beautiful color and i like the consistency of the product, however i don't like the price. $26 for lipgloss is outrageous. i'm not sure that i will be buying this again b/c of the price. UPDATE: I changed my rating from a 5 to 3. this gloss is drying! my lips feel so dry after wearing this. i think i am going to lay off this product and go back to my lustreglasses. i definitely will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 8:39:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great brownish color. The texture is as luxurious as all Chanel glossimers, and I love the sophisticated brownish berryish color as it shows on me. Its good for either looking sophisticated and natural, and also goes well with my everyday boho style. Not too shiney and not at all teenybopper. Another great chanel product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by dolce20

I am blonde with hazel eyes and ruddy cheeks and when I have a little self-tanner on my face, this color is the absolute perfect everyday color. I like it best paired with a nude lipliner to give this gloss color more depth. It's shiny but not stripper-glossy. Goes on nice and somewhat thick. It really is my everyday neutral HG gloss. The only thing that bothers me about Chanel Glossimers is that the gloss always gunks up on the outside part of the tube where you screw on the top...sometimes you get that gloss overflow when you twist the top back on. I know I'm being picky but this is expensive and you should get a perfect product for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2005 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ixiamberixix

nice

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Unity is my second favourite Glossimer... a runner-up only to Spark. It's one of the rare brown tone shades this cool-toned LLL can wear. :) Love it to bits, but have to deduct a lippie for Chanel's poor Glossimer tube design... arrgghh!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by hugz

I discovered glossimers recently and I am in love! These glosses are so beautiful. Plus they don't dry out your lips. Unity looks very neutral on me, everyone is different and I don't think I can describe it any better than the other MUAer. This color is great, I think it would look nice on almost anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

I can't believe I actually bought a glossimer-I usually hate gloss, especially sticky ones, but after reading MUA raves of this bronze-rose color, I decided I had to try it. It is absolutely beautiful on. I am LSF 4 or 5, brown hair, hazel eyes, and this is definately MLBB, and I think I will be wearing this a lot, in spite of the fact that I might end up with my hair in it, which has always been my beef with glosses. But for this amount of shine and totally gorgeous color, I think I am willing to put up with it. Uh-oh, I think this is the beginning of a very expensive new cosmetic habit for me...Chanel! I think this is quite similar in color to their new Aqualumiere in Yucutan, which I also have...and is also gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 8:57:00 AM More reviews by scraps

I think this in my second time reviewing this gloss. This was my first ever Chanel purchase and I have to still say I am quite pleased. The color is perfect for when you just want to put a subtle glow into your look. Today I have paired it up with Lancome's Bronzelle lipliner. Looks great, feels nice, no smell, no taste no goopy feeling...would repurchase although L'oreal has one very similar. If you are on an extremem budget and want this look then check out Loreal's Gloss version..