September 16, 2014 | 1487 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jessicababebee

This product has a very weird texture to it, the powder is so thick and yucky! when i put this on, it immediately makes my skin look chalky. it doesn't really control oil that well anyway. and it does nothing to clear up my skin. I think i'll go for somehting that has a finer texture.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jamiem03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. It blends pretty easily, although the color is slightly orange-ish, in my opinion. ( Light/Medium ). It didn't cause any breakouts. And it did keep my skin shine-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THis is okay. It gets rid of shine considering i only use it to blot, and doesnt make breakouts worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by bootsvalentine

AAAAgh! I have also been devoted to this powder for over 10 years, now I don't know what I'm going to do. Does anyone have any suggestions for DS powders in translucent?
Good bye my silver compact, you were so loyal for so long.

Edit: I just purchased NYC Color powder in translucent for $1.79, and I love it. Incredible. I might even through out what remains of the Almay, the NYC has a much softer, finer texture. I guess I'll wait to make sure it doesn't disagree with my skin, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by middlestar

I really love the formula of this powder. I have used Lancome's Dual Finish in Porcelain Delicate and this is the only powder I have used that came close to looking as good on my skin. BUT, I bought it and as soon as I opened it up it started breaking up. Before I had it for two weeks it was totally busted up and I threw it away. I thought maybe there was a hairline crack in it when I purchased it so I stupidly bought it again and the same thing happened. I don't know what the deal is, but I am not going to waste my money on a product that junks up my make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by hether2783

This got a lot of bad reviews, but I like it. (I even like the packaging...) I can't tell that it has particularly cleared up my face, but it's a good powder. Looks natural, stays on pretty well. My skin is fair and I didn't have any trouble finding a colour that suited me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2006 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mkbegovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder was decent for my oily skin - not miraculous, but decent - but I am so disappointed that after about 2 wks. it has broken into a million pieces. It's way too fragile for a compact powder. I thought it was a bit expensive for a drug store purchase, anyway...definitely now that it hasn't lasted very long at all. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because I have heard such great things about Almay. While it isn't a bad product, it is a little too orangey if you put too much on and I hate the tacky yellow package. It's sorta ackward to open and close, in my opinion. I think in the future I will stick with Maybelline or Cover Girl powders as they have a wider variety of shades for fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by TBO1

OK i LOVE this powder, but i HATE the packaging! I have to keep repairing the powder becasue it keeps breaking!!!!!! Uhg ill go to use it and it will just be sitting in my makeup bag and it will be completely shaddered!!!! It is the cheapest packaging i have ever seen in a pressed powder! But the foundation itself is really nice because it helps to absorb oil so my face doesnt get too shiny and it majorly evens out my skin tone... i would deffinetly buy this again... ill just let it sit on my counter this time so it doesnt break!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DESCRIPTION OF ME: Caucasian PPP (Lancome Color ID I-10 C, Teinte Idole Ivoire 2 C) with normal skin to slightly oily skin.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: A light pressed powder for shine/oil/breakout control.

PACKAGE: What can I say? This package is crap. Before Almay had the insane idea to redo their entire line, the case used to be a discreet silvery-gray compact. Not necessarily the flashiest or nicest packaging, but it got the job done w/out calling undue attention to itself. It was sturdy, and I could count on the clasp remaining shut. This new monstrosity is extremely loud in design (bright yellow packaging w/a cheesy ďAĒ on it that tends to scratch off after awhile). Classy. Plus, the clasp DOES NOT STAY SHUT, and Iíve already had this stupid thing spring open on me a few times. Puff applicator is the same as in the last version, which isnít the greatest, but again, it gets the job done.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE: Very thick, for a pressed powder. This is almost like a powder foundation, in my opinion.

APPLICATION: I used the powder applicator that came with the compact and, using a light hand, applied it all over my face. One thing I can say about this new version is that the chemists at Almay must have made it much more powdery. It felt like I was putting on WAY more product than I was intending to, but it was almost impossible to get it to work any other way.

SMELL: No smell detected.

STAYING POWER: It stays on fairly well, although shine/oil breakthrough was a given. Itís summer right now, so Iíll give this the benefit of the doubt and assume that itíll hold up much better in cooler temperatures.

NATURAL/COLOR?: This is where I want to wring the necks of all the marketing asses at Almay. The color of this powder, after itís applied and mixes with your natural oils, is ORANGE. ORANGE. ORANGE. Plus, theyíve discontinued the translucent version of this powder, which was my absolute baby of DS powders. I have been using that specific shade for over ten years, and they go and have the nads to completely get rid of it. Now, using ďlightĒóthe next lightest shade available since the line redoómy face looks too dark. Iím extremely upset about this development and am now going to have to try to search out a new powder to take the place of my old beloved translucent Almay powder.

SUNSCREEN: None, just like the old version.

IRRITATION/BREAKOUTS: No breakouts, just like w/the old version, which is somewhat chapping my butt. I know Iíll have to go through the entire trial and error crap to find a new powder. Iím so mad at Almay for putting me through this!!!!!!

OVERALL: Perhaps Iím a bit upset, but I hate this new version of Almayís Clear Complexion pressed powder. Itís chalky, unnatural in color, and after a few applications, it starts to also look quite patchy, with buildup in some areas. NOT CUTE! Please, someone from Almay bring back the old formula/colors! This stuff sucks!

INGREDIENTS: All you need to know is that this stuff is crap. Donít try it.

Thanks to Seclusae2 for the layout!
continued >>