October 1, 2014 | 1826 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sweettabris

I bought this powder (light/medium) because i have been breaking out a lot recently and thought this would help. I have used covergirl for years before and i have to say that the almay makeup suits me a lot better. It matches my skin better and it literally feels lighter and less cakey than covergirl. I felt like my skin could actually breathe, which is a plus. I was going to get neutrogena makeup but their color selection is pretty lame.

It did not prevent pimples for me 100% but i feel that it is my fault because they are caused by stress and i do not eat sweets and i use every product to try to prevent it but my stress keeps making it come back. i do think my blemishes are fading though...

I thought the packaging was weird at first but now i think it is cute and small. The sponge that it came with is total garbage. I wear a thin layer of almay foundation as well and the sponge seems to wipe off the foundation more than applying any powder.. so im going to buy a brush to apply this powder.

All in all i do like the make up and i will buy again. I like how it makes my skin feel and it looks more natural. It doesnt prevent stress induced acne though!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jessicababebee

This product has a very weird texture to it, the powder is so thick and yucky! when i put this on, it immediately makes my skin look chalky. it doesn't really control oil that well anyway. and it does nothing to clear up my skin. I think i'll go for somehting that has a finer texture.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jamiem03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. It blends pretty easily, although the color is slightly orange-ish, in my opinion. ( Light/Medium ). It didn't cause any breakouts. And it did keep my skin shine-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THis is okay. It gets rid of shine considering i only use it to blot, and doesnt make breakouts worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by bootsvalentine

AAAAgh! I have also been devoted to this powder for over 10 years, now I don't know what I'm going to do. Does anyone have any suggestions for DS powders in translucent?
Good bye my silver compact, you were so loyal for so long.

Edit: I just purchased NYC Color powder in translucent for $1.79, and I love it. Incredible. I might even through out what remains of the Almay, the NYC has a much softer, finer texture. I guess I'll wait to make sure it doesn't disagree with my skin, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by middlestar

I really love the formula of this powder. I have used Lancome's Dual Finish in Porcelain Delicate and this is the only powder I have used that came close to looking as good on my skin. BUT, I bought it and as soon as I opened it up it started breaking up. Before I had it for two weeks it was totally busted up and I threw it away. I thought maybe there was a hairline crack in it when I purchased it so I stupidly bought it again and the same thing happened. I don't know what the deal is, but I am not going to waste my money on a product that junks up my make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by hether2783

This got a lot of bad reviews, but I like it. (I even like the packaging...) I can't tell that it has particularly cleared up my face, but it's a good powder. Looks natural, stays on pretty well. My skin is fair and I didn't have any trouble finding a colour that suited me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2006 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mkbegovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder was decent for my oily skin - not miraculous, but decent - but I am so disappointed that after about 2 wks. it has broken into a million pieces. It's way too fragile for a compact powder. I thought it was a bit expensive for a drug store purchase, anyway...definitely now that it hasn't lasted very long at all. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because I have heard such great things about Almay. While it isn't a bad product, it is a little too orangey if you put too much on and I hate the tacky yellow package. It's sorta ackward to open and close, in my opinion. I think in the future I will stick with Maybelline or Cover Girl powders as they have a wider variety of shades for fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by TBO1

OK i LOVE this powder, but i HATE the packaging! I have to keep repairing the powder becasue it keeps breaking!!!!!! Uhg ill go to use it and it will just be sitting in my makeup bag and it will be completely shaddered!!!! It is the cheapest packaging i have ever seen in a pressed powder! But the foundation itself is really nice because it helps to absorb oil so my face doesnt get too shiny and it majorly evens out my skin tone... i would deffinetly buy this again... ill just let it sit on my counter this time so it doesnt break!