August 22, 2014 | 1756 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a color it took me sooo long to pluck up the courage to try on. Eventually I did, and I've now come to think it's beautiful, but you need to be careful how you apply it, or it's almost certain it's gonna make you look sick. I used to think of it as a warmer Satin Taupe, but in fact it looks way warmer on, so I don't compare the two anymore. This is a frosty, rosy-bronzy taupe color. It's quite warm, it looks kinda copperish on the eye - which is so pretty, but that's about as copper as I'll ever go; when I used it for a smoky look I lined my entire eye with black too, just to make sure I wouldn't look tired. A special effect this had on my eyes which greatly surprised me, was it seemed to bring out their brown color! This made no sense to me at all, normally those warm orangey/coppery shades look wonderful on blue or green eyes, whilst they do nothing much for brown... but something happened, I don't know, maybe it picked up whatever green undertones my brown eyes might have (of which I know none), and it made them look slightly hazel from a distance. So yes, go for it. If I did it, you can too. Its pigmentation and payoff is amazing so it's gonna look very impressive if you wear it right. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely gorgeous color with great metallic sheen! It's not quite brown but not quite purple either - hard to describe the color. When I first brought this home I was a bit disappointed and thought about returning as it pulled a little too red on my lids. But then I used my Benefit Birthday Suit as a base and voila!! Now I have the perfect warm taupey burgandy brown. Goes on effortlessly, I can see this being a flattering color for all eye colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kgooden

This is a beautiful color! It's a hard color to describe but I would call it a plummy bronzy brown. It is gorgeous paired with many other colors. Everyone should have a color like this in their collection. It would flatter all skin tones and eye colors. I found that it really brings the green in my eyes out, which is really nice :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favourite MAC eyeshadows. It is kind of plum/brozzy/brown, a neutral colour. I pair it usually with twinks, trax or sketch.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by kaygal89

My first ever MAC eyeshadow! Love... its such a great color. Can be used packed on lid or as a great crease color, day or night. I love the texture, all round great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this for a work color and that is all I find myself really using it for, don't get me wrong this is a lovely color and I'm glad I got it because it is a nice work color, I don't use it for much else. I guess I'll experiment with it and see if I can actually work it into my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ChantellyLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this, one of my day staples. Perfect Brown that has a hint of plum/red that brings out my green eyes! Can be worn all over the lid, as well as a in the crease. I love pairing it with All That Glitters or Naked Lunch.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by swedishbeautyjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yet another absolutely gorgeous colour by Mac. I added a picture where I have Sable in the crease paired with Gleam on the lid, and that is a combination I really like (just ignore my tired eyes...).

Sable is very easily applied and I think it would look good on any eye colour. It really brings out my blue eyes, which is one reason why I like it so much. I think Sable is a very interesting colour... it is very noticable, although at the same time it's neutral enough for me to feel comfortable wearing it during the day. I definitely recommend this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Sable is quite similar to Satin Taupe in my opinion. Satin Taupe has very pretty pink plummy shimmer. Also depends on how the light hits on it whereas Sable has reddish shimmer. It is also very pretty but Satin Taupe is more versatile. Some might not be able to take the reddish tones in sable so beware. But if you look good in sable, I would say go for it. Personally I would go for Satin Taupe and if you really like reddish tones eyeshadow, twinks will be the choice.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sourfleed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The texture is amazing, staying-power and pigmentation is excellent. This is a great color - so versatile and just gorgeous. You can pair it with almost any color. Mine says "frost" but I see now that its in a Velvet finish on MAC's website so I'm not exactly sure why the change.