MAC Matte Bronze

4.2

Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 8/12/2012 9:37:00 AM

Nice bronzer without shimmer. May be applied lightly, or heavier if required.

on 6/6/2012 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is a terrible bronzer. I've tried many many bronzers and this one is overrated mainly because it's MAC. The packaging is perfect and the color was nice but the formula is disappointing. For me, a good bronzer powder should feel soft, silky and luxurious with the swipe of a finger. This powder was very stiff, dry, chalky and just felt overall cheap. I knocked on it and was just like knocking on a door. That's how hard and dry it was - no moisture and not good for the skin at all. It takes me more than a few swipes and swirls to get enough color onto my brush because it's not as pigmented as other high end bronzers (e.g. Guerlain Terracotta, NARS Laguna, etc.) and then it ended up irritating my cheeks.

on 6/1/2012 12:13:00 PM

This is one of the best bronzers I have used. It is definitely worth the higher price if you regularly use bronzer and want a quality finish. I previously used this all over the face as powder as I like to look tanned and it goes on really evenly with no dark patches. It also doesn't feel heavy or clog pores. I have now invested in a cheaper Collection 2000 powder, which is still good and now use Matte Bronze to contour my cheek bones, nose and temples. Again, it is really good for this and goes on with a quality finish. Would highly recommend. The only 'con' is that it doesn't go on super dark for people who like to be really tanned. So I would say this product is limited to a medium skin tone and that's why I have given 4 stars.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this bronzer to contour and add a little color to my face - it works perfect! I like matte bronzers, and this one is VERY matte... No shimmer at all. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase again is just b/c I've got a couple other bronzers I'm wanting to try out first. I'm also currently using Smashbox Bronze lights in Suntan Matte - it's a pretty close match to Mac matte bronze, but it's more pigmented in my opinion. Next on my list is too faced chocolate soleil. :)

on 4/19/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this bronzer, seems to last for ever as well, good for giving a sun kissed look, countering the cheeks with tho can get a little dirty looking if you go ott with it so watch how much you apply has no shimmer in it witch I love, as you don't tan glittery do you? Packaging is really nice just a standard mac compact, first mac product I bought and will be one I continue to buy :):)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Im soooo in love with matte bronzers because i think ones with even just a little shimmer look super unatural especially when the sun hits you or a certain lighting makes those shimmers show up more making you look like a disco ball . Matte is the way to go ! <3 plus this one is really dark which i been looking for one to show up GOOD on my skin since im really tan .

on 1/9/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This bronzer works fine. i like that its matte and has no shimmer or fragrance. it is a bit pricey at $27.00 but it lasts a while.

on 1/2/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I am a bronzer lover! I've tried a few and this was pretty disappointing.. Maybe I'm using the wrong type of brush but this has no pigment whatsoever.. The color is too flat for me, at best it only gives me the slightest shading to my face, no warmth, and no bronzing like a bronzer should do. I guess it was my fault because I bought this knowing Mac wasn't praised popularly for their bronzers, it's way too settle for me, and I know there are better quality bronzers out there, I regret buying this.

on 11/22/2011 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

My HG bronzer so far, no orange/red, no shimmer, gives me a sculpted look (for ref NC42) with very little product. I've had this for over 6 mos and I'm almost done with it with daily use. This is definitely for medium-dark tone. I use my real techniques buffing brush to contour with this.

on 11/21/2011 12:32:00 PM

Excellent bronzer for my skin tone (NARS Punjab; LM Bisque; Lancome Bisque 3N). It is not too dark. No orange, no glitter, no shimmer. Matches peachy coloured blush. Great for everyday use especially around fall/winter season.

Popular Bronzers