Laura Mercier Eye Basics

4.2

(Eyebright, Cotton, Flax, Linen, Wheat, Buff, Peach): Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Talc, Lanolin Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Carbonate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract. ( /-): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 1/8/2009 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

i just hate this product...it creases so easily n looks weird...i wont buy it again..just a waste of money
update
i found it after 6 months while cleaning my makeup storage n used it properly n liked it..colour is too light for me but i use it under my light eye shadows n they really show well..m planning to buy it in another shade to wear it alone..

on 10/27/2008 6:05:00 PM

I love love love this!
Its makes me so happy, my shadow have never creased no matter how much i sweat or cry!
I love the variety of colors and have most of them and match them to my shadow or my mood! Its amazing that she gives you that option and its not just one kind!

on 8/19/2008 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got hooked on eyebases a few years ago with MAC Paint in Bare Canvas. I couldn't believe how much longer my eyeshadow lasted with a base. I like the MAC, but thought I would look at some other lines to see if there was something better. I don't care for the UDPP that so many love, it's a little too drying and I want a little more coverage, Too Faced was too similar to UDPP - I've also tried Guerlain, EL, Benefit, TMcEvoy, a few DS brands, etc. I tried Linen in this, and at first glance I thought it would be way too light and bright, but it's a nice peachy pink, that's not too orange and not too white. I had tried Flax, but it was too green-beige on me, the Wheat was too dark, and Cotton too yellow. Compared to the MAC Paint, this is smoother in application, thinner in consistency (MAC can make my eyes look a little crepey) but they last about the same. This is a much better product, although it costs more and doesn't last as long since it dries out more quickly. But the look is so much better and I'm really really glad I switched. Update: I had to stop using this, it really irritated my eyes, I suspect because it has a form of lanolin in it. I'm so disappointed, it's a great product....oh well, back to MAC.

on 7/25/2008 12:46:00 AM

It's my first eye shadow base. I like that it makes shadow stay longer, but I dont like that it's a little dry and when I apply it, it makes my cream to peel off. I think even some foundations seem to be more tender for eyelids and work better.
I won't repurchise. May be next time I will try eyelid base from Guerlain.

on 7/19/2008 6:35:00 PM

I was skeptical about the idea of a shadow primer, but a LM makeup artist made me a believer. This makes a splendid base for powder shadow; my shadow lasts all day without creasing. It also seems to even out imperfections on my eyelids. Just creates a prettier canvas. At the SA's recommendation, I bought Bisque, which is one of the darker shades. Although it looks rather dark when I put it on, somehow it's just right once the shadow goes over it. I think it warms up my greenish complexion.

on 7/6/2008 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I usually just use foundation over my eye lids because I'd get too lazy to apply Clinique touch base in canvas or MAC paint in bare canvas. Both of those products were great primers and came in great colors, but inevitably they'd fall by the wayside in the morning routine. So far though EB in wheat is a new habit, probably because it covers easily (it's a thin liquid that dries matte), the color is a perfect match, and even though I still have to use my fingers I start by dabbing the wand once on each lid (too much product otherwise). Maybe this too shall pass, but I like the matte results and not having to do anything else to my eyes (although I do set with secret brightening powder). My lids do crease by late afternoon so I can't give it a 5. It's also expensive to use this plus a concealer, so I will keep looking for a non-greasy concealer that can do it all.

on 5/21/2008 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually prefer using this as an eye base concealer rather than using the secret camouflage. The scret camouflage is way too moist/oily for me (I have a combination skin), it makes my mascara run downs, even when I'm wearing a waterproof mascara.

So far, this Laura eye Basics in buff and Cargo OneBase is the best concealor I've tried.

P.S: If I have to choose between the two.. I would go with Cargo - just because the color tone match my skin better (I have a yellow base skin color, the Eye basics is a bit more pinkish). That's why I gave an overall rating of 3 and no, i would not buy this product again. Otherwise, it is a good product.

on 5/20/2008 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So...I am very, very pale and I actually use this as a concealer all over my face as well. This seemed to horrify a Laura Mercier make-up artist, but whatever, it works for me. I use linen and it's wonderful. Actually covers my under-eye circles AND can cover blemishes over my face.

on 3/4/2008 1:11:00 PM

I have tried everything under the sun, and have found that LM's Eye Basics are the best for me. I am very fair and I have visible little veins on my lids, and this does the trick. I use Linen, sometimes Wheat, Basic Peach, Buff and Bisque. I like to use them as cream shadow as well. They last all day, through sweating, whatever. I set it with a little translucent powder or Secret Brightening powder, then apply shadow over it if needed. It makes the shadow apply so smoothly and keeps it from creasing and it also gives you a much truer shade of the shadow. I can't go without this. Looks great on days when I don't want to wear makeup, but need to look "awake", that, and little mascara and the secret concealer with the Secret Brightening powder and I'm good to go.

on 2/28/2008 10:40:00 AM

The best seller is "Wheat" and works on many skin tones. The texture is liquidy but not runny so it smoothes on evenly. Conceals undertones on the lid. Helps shadow stay put and show true color. Great product to have.