Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For the most part, this is an average eyeliner - it could be a lot better. I like that the formula dries quickly & sets to a semi-matte finish. It stays on overall, but not all day. It does flake/crack throughout the day. It certainly is not waterproof! I do, however, really like the brush because the hairs are short & I find this product easy to use because of that.

This probably isn't the eyeliner to use if you've got oily skin like mine. I don't like wearing this for an extended period of time because the flaking gets bad & then the product is all over the place. I'm not sure if it's because of my oily skin or because of the formula, but I can actually peel the liner off with my fingers to remove it! I just like the intensity of the black & the matte finish. This isn't the first liquid liner I'd reach for. I'd buy another one because it's cheap & just to have it. I recommend this if you're not going to be out long, like a lunch date. If you're going to work or partying, choose something else.

on 3/20/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite liquid liner ever. I sucked at applying it at first but I got the hang of it. It lasts ALL day and night as long as you don't rub your eye it won't flake off. If drys super quickly and has a strong black somewhat shiny look that I love. It's waterproof but peels off easily when you rub and wash your face so I love how long lasting it is and how easy it is to remove. Great product, highly recommend.

on 3/14/2013 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is not too expensive at around $6.00. It is very difficult to apply and the formula starts clumping after a month. Removal even with waterproof make-up remover is very difficult. It smudges and is hard to get off after. It cracks and flakes off within a few hours. I do not recommend this product. I would recommend the NYC liquid eyeliner. At only $3.00 it works so much better. It doesn't get clumpy and is very easy to apply. The color is dark and it stays on for hours.

on 2/19/2013 5:18:00 PM

After trying many eyeliners I usually come back to this one, mostly because instead of it smearing around your eyes giving you the raccoon look, it will kinda flake off. i would rather have it flake off and just apply a stick liner in parts it flaked off then having raccoon eyes! my eyelids are a little oily but it doesnt effect the liners staying power. I like how the liner is a nice black color as well and even though it says waterproof it isn't so waterproof. But I have repurchased plenty of times to know I like it.

on 2/7/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

In my experience, at first everything seemed ok but is lacking in lasting power. I have oily lids and after awhile it will start to flake.
If you're like me, i wouldn't recommend it. If you have dry skin then maybe.

on 2/4/2013 12:08:00 AM

I love this eyeliner so much! I am in no way, shape, or form good at putting on liquid eyeliner, but this one is so easy to apply! I received it as a gift, and I am planning on repurchasing it after I run out. I love the formula, the applicator, and the way it looks when applied. It doesn't take a long time to dry on your lids, like some liquid eyeliners do. I highly recommend trying it out.

When I first got this eyeliner, I loved it. Waterproof, liquid liner that actually works for SUPER cheap? Yes, please. However, I've come across a couple issues as time goes on:

1. The brush takes some major getting used to.
2. After about a month, the formula starts to get sticky and majorly clumpy.
3. It's got excellent staying power, but isn't completely waterproof.
4. The mouth(?) of the tube has detached and become pretty invasive.

That being said, I still like it. The color is a super dark black that dries with some shine but isn't overly shiny. It'll work for now, but as soon as I can afford it I'm going to try something else not from a drugstore.

UPDATE: I bought it again. I'm really starting to get used to this damn thing...

on 12/2/2012 11:37:00 PM

This eye liner is so great! Is goes on in a thin smooth line... The brush is a little hard to use at first but once you get used to it is just so great. I would definitely buy this product again. I also recommend it to others

on 12/1/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this product!! I agree the brush can be hard to use but I have gotten use to it. It makes a very perfect line
on my upper lash line that is extremely precise. I think I love it so much because it doesn't budge! You have to let it set first or else it will smudge and burn your eyes like crazy but once it sets it does not move! And the eyeliner bottle has lasted me 6 months !!! And it's still going strong! I

on 11/30/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for several years and I really like it. The things I don't like is how it wears off easily when I tear up and if I itch my eyelid it also comes off. I like how it does not smear and dries fairly quickly.