October 31, 2014 | 1207 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first when I bought this, I regretted it. I bought it as an outer lid color, but it was pretty much the same color as my lid, and it was just a little darker, which was really annoying.

However, I also use embark as a crease color, and I noticed that embark was really pigmented, and sometimes I would put too much. It could also be tricky to blend. So that's where this eye shadow came in. I mix this and embark together for a perfect soft crease color, and I in general use it as a blending color for dark brown shadow. And it worked great for that purpose.

So I'm not regretting the bucks I spent for this, because this actually a very versatile color. If you're fair skinned, get this for your crease. If you're dark skinned, use it on your lid. And if you're neutral like me, use it as a blending color! I just may repurchase...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't reviewed Soft Brown yet! It took me forever to purchase it, but it was an instant HG. I use it daily, either as a crease color or transition color, and it is perfect for both. It's such an unassuming color, and one I was sure wouldn't work for me. If you're thinking about trying it, definitely give it a shot! It works wonders for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Violet34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am amazed at how much I like this!! As I say in every review, I am really cool toned and any time I want to do browns they turn ruddy or orange-y on me a lot of the time so I am always scared of that. And as many commenters have said, this DOES have an orange undertone in it (or peach, I suppose).

I went in to have an MUA help me out with a look for my brother's wedding and she used this with jest on the lid and blackberry in the outer v. Even though it looked really nice I was still feeling like I should try a cooler brown. I went home and tried to recreate the look using wedge and it just didn't look as nice. I did everything I could to avoid buying the soft brown because I thought sure I'd never use it again. It's become a staple. It pairs wonderfully with jest and you can put something a little cooler in the outer v to bring it together. So, it's great for me, because I always have trouble with my cool skin tone and warm toned eyes. It is very buildable and I love the texture and find it really easy to blend too, It is great for a really natural look. If you have coloring like me, try this one and see if you really like it rather than dismissing on first sight. You may be surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I've jumped on the Soft Brown wagon. After reading all the good reviews here I purchased this color about a month ago. I love love love it! It's a great crease color to transition lid color to brow highlight. I use it with LM Turquiose tightline, lorac turquiose "tempt me" and Vapour on the brow. Ditto satellite dreams with a chocolate BB eyeliner, Deep truth with BB indigo eyeliner, Soft Brown is HG crease color. I wear it everyday now to work; it softens shimmer/metallic lid/brow color with its matte finish and is a beautiful versatile peachy brown that goes with everything. May look bland in the pan but this shade is magical. Blends well with good pigmentation. A staple MAC color. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is my go-to crease color when I don't want to think about what to wear. It gives me the perfect neutral eye look that warms up my crease area. Blends beautifully, color payoff is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by sydcricket

This color is not one I would never have bought from looking at it, but a make up artist friend recommended it to me a couple years ago, and I wear it almost daily. Its quite incredible. As some other reviewers said, its not tan like these pictures, I wouldn't even call it a "soft brown.'' Its a browny neutral with a dash of burnt orangey peach. Just a little bit in the crease and outer 2/3rds of lid brings out my eyes (dark brown eyes/bright blonde hair). When Im in a rush, this and some mascara will do it for eyes. (Okay maybe a dash of liquid liner, Im so predictable).

Also, the color is quite pigmented, I have had the same pan for ages and its still going. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LeahM426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this color daily. It can be used for almost any look, for everyday I use it as a crease color and when im doing a night look I use it for blending. I think this color is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A fantastic transition colour, I use this almost every day! It's actually kind of a peachy-brown, it's not as tan as it appears. But it's an excellent transition crease colour and is great for blending into a smokey eye. It helps add depth and dimension. It's light enough to be a lid colour but that's not something I use it for. It looks underwhelming in the pan but I encourage giving it a chance, it's quickly become an everyday staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Soft Brown pulls peach on me, which I don't like, BUT if I put if lightly in my crease with Brule on the lid and brows, the peach barely shows when my eyes are open and it just gives a slight warmth to my eyes and makes my big brown eyes really stand out. I'm Asian with lt-med skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

another one of the colors that pretty much goes with EVERY eye shadows !