April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by roswellrocke

Ouch, this is like using sandpaper on your face. I don't have sensitive skin, but these are just painful to use. Maybe I'm not diluting the cleanser enough, but they also burn like heck. However, I agree with another reviewer, that they a good for exfoliating your feet! Hence the 2 lipstick rating. Will NOT buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Katerz2323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

first of all i have very sensitive skin so these pillows stripped my face of any moisture due to overexfoliation. i would not recommend using these on your face at all! but, i gave them an extra lipstick because they worked wonder for the pimples on my back and chest! the exfoliating side cleaned my problem spots better than any acne body wash i've ever used! do try

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the idea of the pillow; but didn't care for the heavy scent. Also found the pad a bit too rough - too much for my sensitive skin. Three lippies because I thik these would work well on oily or thick skin. Will use the rest of the pack to scrub my feet!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not like pillows compared to cloths. The pillows did not seem to "breathe" enough to create lather on the outside. Although there is enough stuff inside to re-use, re-using does not seem sanitary, but throwing away seems like a waste. (I cut my cloths in half). I don't care for the fragrance. Most importantly, this cleanser really dried and irritated my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 12:39:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i used these, and the cleanser contained in these puffs or pads or whatever they are is adequate, but what i really dislike is the puff part itself. the shape is so awkward to handle while trying to wash your face, and it's folding and slipping all over the place. at least the cloths give you something to hold on to. plus, the soap inside burns your eyes like crazy! pass- i would not repurchase this product. i did not find it at all convenient, and certainly not easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used these for 4 nights and they've transformed my normally "easy-going" skin into a map of tiny bumps that give my face a leathery texture. This has only happened once before (w/ a generic version of Neutrogena's amber-colored Acne Wash) and I'm ticked. Also, the exfoliating side of the pillow is way too scratchy to be used on the face. As for the claims of luxurious foam--there isn't any (foam, that is). Thankfully, I just purchased the travel pack, so I'm not stuck w/ any other evil cleansing pillows of doom.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by cute_fishy

I would never buy this product again. The pillows were so poorly made. The soap inside always leak out from the seam while I try to moisten the pillow and make it foam up properly. AND I followed all the instructions!! All I could get on the pillow was just some soapy water while a stream of runny powdered soap would run down my arm as I try (unsuccessfully) to cleanse my face with the pillow. This product is just horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by minimac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Truly horrible things, these "pillows" - and I like the cloths. These are scratchy, stung my face, and if the lather gets in your eyes, oh boy, yeeeouch - hurts like billy-o.
To add insult to injury, they don't even clean your make-up off properly - and I don't wear much on my face. I'm throwing these away. A mistake.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2004 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Bubblebath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally use the self-foaming cleanser. I REALLY liked the soft side b/c it cleans/smells like the self-foaming cleanser (which I love) and it gently exfoliates my skin. However, I don't care much for the texture side; I found it too abrasive for my face. I haven't figured out the best way to get the most lather out of each pillow but I'm having fun trying it. I travel a lot, so this will be GREAT to have, much more convenient than carrying a bottle of cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2004 10:17:00 PM More reviews by SushiGator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample in the mail and gave it a shot. They are a little bit too big for me, and only one side really feels like it is doing anything. The cleanser did clean my face and didn't dry my skin. You can order sample from Dove's website.