November 24, 2014 | 2001 users online

Skincare - Face - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 50% Glycolic Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by opie1

Ok so I've been on the fence to buy this for soo long. You know what I mean - Its your face!
But I was battling hyperpigmentation, acne and really oily skin - so here goes..the first time I used it was surprised - didn't sting - but I use retin-a 1x week. Somewhat smoother face but no biggie. So being fickle I moved on. ! month later i found it again - tidied the bathroom ! - and now i've used it 2 fridays in a row.
the second time - WOW! - nothing has gotten rid of my blotchies so fast. better than retin- a even. now I'm committed to using this once a week - best skin care produt ever- no hype, no pretty package just phenomenal exfoliating and brightening.For the first time since I was 13 i can be comfortable up close with NO makeup.
The day after my skin feels dry and tight - uncomfortable but not painful. Never really peel- little flakies but nothing that you cant manage with some extra mostuirizer. Awesome product. Next I'm gonna try lactic peels with the copper serum

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by katiegrace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Actually, I am using the 60% glycolic peel at this point, but I did use the 50% peel for quite a while. I started about 7-8 months ago with the 40% peel, and have slowly worked my way up to the 60% peel, following the directions carefully. You have to be patient with these peels, but they are worth it. I started with the 40% peel using it for only one minute, and increased the time by one minute each week until I reached 15 minutes. You do that with each peel (except with the 60% you only go up to 10-12 minutes). Also, you don't actually peel at all. I really like MUAC, it has been around for about 30 years, and has excellent products. This has helped my skin quite a bit. I will definitely repurchase!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! The ultimate Holy Grail!! I seriously don't know what I did without it. I am 26 years old (going on 27) and PPP/LLL. I am trying to undo the damage that I caused by baking in the sun during my teenage years. Being nice and brown just wasn't worth it and I thought I was just going to have to live with the few fine lines that I have noticed over the past year along with dry skin. After reading all of the positive reviews on this, I decided to give it a try and I am soooo glad I did! I have worked my way up to this 50% peel after using the 40% peel for about a month and before that, I was using a 10% gel for about a year. Anyway, I am now on my 3rd 50% peel and my skin looks amazing! My skin feels so soft and my fine lines I once loathed are now basically gone! I can't stop touching my skin! I have also noticed that my pores also look smaller and the blackheads on my nose and chin that never wanted to budge are almost all gone. I am in love!!! :)

For those of you who haven't used a glycolic peel before, I would definitely recommend starting out with the 30% peel and work your way up from there. You don't want to burn yourself. What is so great about Make-Up Artist's Choice is you can buy 1/4 ounce samples which includes both the glycolic acid and the pH prep solution. It will probably last you about 15-20 peels which is more than enough to prepare your skin for stronger peels. I bought both 40% and 50% samples and I plan on buying the full amount of the 60% one when that time comes.

All in all, this product ROCKS!!!

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ UPDATE ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] So, 5 years have passed and this is still my ultimate "go-to" skincare product. I don't think I could ever go back to the way my skin was in my pre-MUAC Glycolic Peel days. LOL. I think back at how my skin looked and felt then and how it is now and the difference is like night and day. I still think it's crazy how much dermatologists and plastic surgeons charge to have this done. It's absolutely insane! An average of $600! I can't fathom paying that much when I can pay $20 every 7+ months to achieve the same results, if not better! I still just purchase the sample vials and they seriously last forever. Not to mention, it's pain free. For me, I never feel any discomfort and my skin can be a bit sensitive at times. Granted, I'm just one person, but from the sound things, most people agree with me. As long as you start small and gradually work your way up to your desired percentage of strength, the worse case scenario would be feeling a very mild irritation at first, but nothing painful. The company that makes this (Makeup Artists Choice) is great and they have several other wonderful products that I use on a regular basis, mainly their Gly-Luronic Serum and their green tea and pomegranate cleanser. They are very customer friendly and I love that they offer low priced samples to try out before purchasing the whole thing. I think that speaks volumes of the quality of their products.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by kthibo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried the sample kit for a few months. This product is the real deal. I previously had a series of peels at a spa and loved the results. As an esthetician, I decided to do this much less expensively at home. (My spa does not deal with peels). Make sure that your skin can handle something this aggressive...how does it respond to retinols, vit. c, high aha products. I now own the full size kit...service was very fast, but the acid bottle was not filled all the way. Not sure if that had to do with the formulation and contents? Will def. buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 2:18:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: Since finding NaturaLisse GlycoLine, I'm no longer using this. While its still excellent, and admittedly tons cheaper, it just doesn't give me the results that NB does. And NB delivers without the burn.

This is hands down the best glycolic acid peel out there, and I've tried them all. Makes my skin absolutely glowy, has faded some dark sun spots on my chin, is making the pores on my face less noticeable with each use, and my skin hasn't been this smooth in a very long time. I use this once/week, immediately followed with emu oil for a few hours. I also use MUAC's Gly-Luronic Acid Serum (15% GA/50% Hyaluronic Acid) each morning under my spf30. The combo seems to be working beautifully.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2004 3:06:00 PM More reviews by enjo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far *both* M/UAC 50% glycolic acid peel & 55% lactic peel have been superb for my mature, normal-type skin. [[However, as another reviewer mentioned, I don't use my M/UAC acid peels 'alone' but in conjunction w/ copper products -- in my case the SuperCops & several other products from Skinbio although they might now be available from M/UAC too.]] ... ... Both acids have helped improve overall facial skin texture, but otherwise for me the biggest difference is which 'more-specific problems' each has improved ... Glycolic: age spots (on hands as well as face), small scars, small moles (on body), & various ugly, annoying, but harmless lil 'barnacles of age' (as my derm cheerfully calls them) ... Lactic: sun damage & related pigmentation. ... [[Btw, another reviwer here happened to mention a 30% *BHA* acid peel which stung more than the M/UAC 50% glycolic (glycolic is an *AHA*) -- er, yeah I'd think it MIGHT, seein' as how BHA % in OTC face products is only about 2 to perhaps 10%?! ... I'd guess ppl are probably more familiar by now with how high they can go (comfort-wise, skin-problem-wise, etc) in various-AHA percentages than in BHA percentage.]] ... Oh and *before* trying M/UAC peels or any other DIY methods on spots, marks, moles, unusual pigmented areas, etc -- I very strongly urge you to have a dermatologist check them out.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2003 2:26:00 PM More reviews by wildchipmunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I ordered yesterday and have it on my face right now. They included (for free) a small Green Tea Cleansing Bar and packaged everything neatly in a little purple net bag. Very nicely done! I am wondering though if this is really a 50% peel because it isn't stinging me very much at all. My mother gave me a 30% BHA peel which felt MUCH stronger. Will update this again when I see the results. UPDATE: This is great stuff. My skin feels tight, looks great and I'm losing blackheads by the minute.
This is kind of like the PC 8% AHA and 2% BHA stuff on steroids. I really, really like this. The bottle I got was about $72 and it will easily last a year.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No