August 1, 2014 | 998 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Mkm90

Let me start by saying I have a lot of experience with deep conditioners and have tried A TON of them. My hair is super curly but I straighten it most of the time, so conditioners are a must-have for me. I was so excited when I bought this conditioner because it was recommended to me by my hair stylist and I've always heard good things about the Biolage brand. I left this conditioner in my hair in a shower cap for about an hour and a half (my stylist's recommendation), and when I rinsed it out in the shower i was absolutely shocked by how waxy and disgusting my hair was. I tried it again the following week just to give it another chance, and was again horrified. SO WAXY! I had to use three other conditioners after the Biolage to even be able to run my fingers through my hair. It was so expensive and I felt bad throwing it out so I gave it to my sister who has more wavy hair instead of curly, and after one use she asked me if I wanted it back because she did not want it either. No thanks!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product may be excellent for those with color treated, coarse, thick, curly hair, but I agree with the one lippie comments. I wear a short pixie cut and it left my virgin, gray hair dry and frizzy. I don't think it's a bad product but it definitely depends on hair type as to the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by justbEautifulmE

Oh my gosh. If you have dry or damaged hair and you've tried everything and nothing has worked, go get you some of this stuff!!! This very well may be the best conditioner in the entire world. I've seriously tried sooo many conditioners and nothing works as well as this does. My hair is SO amazingly soft when I use it. And not just after I rinse it off, but also when it dries. It makes my hair SO smooth and shiny just the way a conditioner should.

When my hair was really bad I used to use this every time I washed my hair (every other day) but now I only need to use it a couple times a week. I feel like if you use this every single day it could start to weigh your hair down since it's such a heavy conditioner. But if your hair is super dry then you need that moisture! I find that it also helps with frizz.

I've used this product for about two months and I'm still in love with it. I highly recommend this product for people whose hair needs a big pick me up. This is also really good if you heat style slot because it kind of brings your hair back to life. it makes your hair look and feel ten times healthier. Looove it<3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The price put me off for the longest time. I'd use this whenever I visited my sister - she's a cosmetologist person and always has the best, most expensive hair stuff and didn't care if I used her things. Out of all the stuff I sampled I kept coming back to this.
I have thick, coarse, damaged hair from being colored multiple times and generally being neglected. I think it's prone to build up, and can get frizzy (which is unfair, because I don't know any other Asians that have frizzy hair).
After shampooing I wring out as much water as I can, slather a little of this on, and leave it for as long as my attention span holds. (This usually isn't very long.) After rinsing out and towel drying, a comb slides right through, which doesn't happen with other products I've used. Once it dries my hair is untangly, shiny, and smooth. No frizz, and no overwhelming smell!
The tub packaging is stupid. I like the tube far better, but want a larger size. If I weren't so lazy I'd just put it in a dispenser, but instead I just complain about it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this conditioner and the scent is amazing, BUT the price doesn't agree with me. So, I rarely buy Biolage brand. However, I do buy the Generic Value Product equivalent sold at Sally Beauty and am totally satisfied with it. :) Gotta go for the knock-off since I can't tell a difference between the two.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by spartapantiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down my favorite it conditioner, it smells good, and works amazing. Itís about 20 dollars a bottle which is a drawback but it is well worth investing the money in a product that always makes my hair feel amazing even after months of usage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by brezin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product. I love the smell, reminds me of being in a salon. This is expensive but like the women below me, it is worth every single penny. It lasts a long time though considering you don't need as much as a regular conditioner. I put this on right after I shampoo and then wait til just before I step out of the shower to rinse. Even after blow drying and flat ironing I still have the smoothness and the fragrance of Biolage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by CSpringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product! It is expensive but worth every penny! I have somewhat short hair that tends to be dry/course... Is quite damaged from straight ironing and a couple of home dyes gone bad (I know I know) but I decided to try this again despite the price, so glad i did! My hair looks and feels nice and soft, and this product smells soooo yummy!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by princessa00

I needed a conditioner that had no reconstructive components, so I picked this up hoping it would help me reverse a protein overload issue I was experiencing. Well, it didn't. It leaves my hair coated and the day after, my ends are fuzzy and gross again. Even now that my hair is in good shape again, this coats my hair and makes it frizzy and waxy. I honestly will probably end up using this as shaving cream.. pointless.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I need a super detangler for my very long, fine, straight hair. Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm was recommended to me at the beauty supply as a super detaingler in-shower and leave-in. I thought: great, how versatile. It did get tangles out after a shampoo but, in the days following, my hair seemed more tangly than it has ever been in my life, and increasingly dry. Bizarre. The problem got worse and worse the longer I used the product (about 2 months). I finally switched back to my previous GVP Detangler (Paul Mitchell Detangler clone), and that solved the problem, at lower cost.