The Body Shop Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum,Carbomer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben,Yellow 6.

on 5/12/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This cream has a really nice texture and my hands feel moisturized especially since I have a tendency to wash my hands a lot. The smell is really nice but it can be too much so if you are sensitive to smell, i would say test this out first and have it on your hand for awhile before you buy it. Only need a small amount which is a good thing cause the tube is pricey. I prefer this over L'occitaine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this cream! I get very dry hands in the winter and this works like a charm; I don't even notice it in the day because this cream works so well. I'm not obsessed about hand creams so I have only ever tried two other hand creams, and both were not pleasant - one stung and the other had to be reapplied every time you washed your hands; it simply didn't sink in. This is far from either! It sinks in after half a minute, tops and it isn't greasy, nor stingy. The scent is nice, but can be a tad nauseaus if you've gotten used to it (or maybe it's because I've just had some heavy apple juice...)

on 3/30/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Carry some of this in my purse and keep some at home. Love the smell and love the way my hands feel afterwards-- not oily and mega moisture. :)

on 3/28/2011 7:50:00 PM

A couple of years ago, I received a tube of The Body Shop's Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream as part of a Christmas present. At that time, I was on the hunt for another hand cream as my lotions from Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works were not providing much relief for me. I already had a trip to Las Vegas planned, so I threw in the tube of hand cream from The Body Shop into my suitcase and decided to test it out in the dry climates of Nevada. To my delight, it worked well and I have been a dedicated user of this product ever since.

The hand and nail cream is a light non-greasy formula that includes almond oil and soy oil to help repair skin's moisture barrier, restore moisture, and add smoothness to your hands. The shea butter softens and vitamins A, E, and F nourishes skin. The beeswax moisturizes as well as conditions the nail beds. The cream has a soft almond scent unlike some of the stronger scents from the Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works lotions.

I use this on a daily basis during the day and follow up at night with my Kiehl's hand cream. I also find that this hand and nail cream is perfect to use when giving manicures. I usually follow up the manicures I give myself at home with this product. While I admit that the price of this product is a bit high ($16.00 for a 3.4 fl. oz. tube), it's a good and long lasting product, especially when you factor in the organic and community trade ingredients incorporated into the cream. Furthermore, you don't need a lot of product to moisturize your hands, so it lasts a while for me. I highly recommend this product for people who are graduating from the heavy scented lotions and looking for real relief.

on 2/27/2011 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

The price is approximately double what I'm prepared to pay for an everyday hand lotion, so this is in my wish/gift list rather than a regular purchase. If it were more reasonably priced, I'd be buying it over and over again. As many before me have said, the scent is divine - light, almondy, refreshing, clean - and the texture of the lotion is light, quite oily at first, and nourishing. It's great for hands, nails and cuticles. It quickly sinks in and is such a treat to apply. LOVE.

on 2/14/2011 3:41:00 PM

This is my HG hand cream! I've repurchased it four times and will continue to do so. My hands and cuticles get very dry and this does a great job at moisturizing them! I'm not one for heavy, greasy lotions that take forever to absorb. This is very nourishing without being greasy. It's fast absorbing and leaves my hands feeling very soft. I also love the amazing almond scent. One of my favourite products all around!

on 1/15/2011 3:57:00 AM

Like this product a lot. To begin with I already have nice hands which arent too dry. So this serves as the perfect light weight moisture i need for the day. Its not greasy and smells good. Overall a great product for some daily use for normal not very dry hands.

on 8/29/2010 8:37:00 PM

lets start with the fact that I don't have dry hands, this hand cream is moisturizing, smells very good but the smell is also VERY strong ( sweet almond scent ) which will fade completely in 20-30 minutes max. it does nothing to my weak nails. It absorbs quickly & doesn't leave a sticky film. I will buy it again & again for its lovely scent.

on 8/16/2010 4:14:00 AM

At first I got a sample of this in the Body shop. I used it up in no time and repurchased the full size product. Like everyone else says: It absorbs really fast into the skin and makes my hands all smooth and the dry skin says goodbye! For me its a MUST during the Winter days! The scent is amazing too! I love it! Already recommended it to a couple of my friends!

on 8/6/2010 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I can honestly say that this is one of the best hand creams I've ever used. I like the fact that it is fast absorbing and very light! I can't stand greasy hand lotions. Also, ever since they discontinued their Almond Body Butter, I've been dying to find something ALMOND in the store! The smell is fantastic, and once I apply this lotion I can't stop smelling my hands. Would definitely repurchase!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products