Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua); Polyquaternium-11; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract; Panthenol; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile)/Henna/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Propylene Glycol; Polysorbate 20; Hydroxyethylcellulose; DMDM Hydantoin; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Fragrance (Parfum); Benzyl Salicylate

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i have wavy hair that needs some definition...unfortunately, it didnt do jack for my hair.. made my hair funny looking and not the sexy beachy waves that i wanted.....its not sticky and doesnt weigh hair down at least....

on 3/7/2006 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm so glad the hair board recommended this it's my HG. I have naturally curly fairly thick long hair. I just shampoo, condition (L'oreal Feria or dry defense) then I put about a dime size drop in my hands rubb it through my hands and through my hair concentrating on the ends and just dabbing a touch on the top. If I diffuse dry I get wonderful bouncy curls with no frizz. If you overuse you will get some crunch but it still looks lovely. This works better than the OUIDAD styling glaze and is much cheaper and easier to find. Currently this is my daily staple.

on 2/15/2006 8:20:00 PM

I have been using this off and on for a number of years, when I don't want to blow dry my hair straight. My friend turned me on to using this in combination with Sebastian molding mud (I know, seems weird), in order to encourage the curls to spiral in my wavy/curly/frizzy/fine, but lots of it, bra strap length hair. First I make sure my hair is well conditioned and soaking wet, then comb through w/ fine tooth comb. I apply quarter sized amount to hair, then comb it through again, and then scrunch in the molding mud, probably about the same amount as the gel, but you have to be careful because it can make your hair crunchy if you get too crazy w/ it. Then I blow dry on warm setting/low speed w/ a diffuser, and voila! Awesome Carrie Bradshaw hair has overtaken my limp mass o' fuzz. Love it.

on 7/20/2005 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Thank you MUA! I have had some bad recommendations with styling products on this site-but ULTA always returns when you are not satisfied and have receipt! After searching and searching for the right gel for my wavy, medium bodied hair-I finally found it. This stuff works great. It doesnt work in 100% humidity but nothing will really. It does a good job.

on 5/26/2005 10:56:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have tried so many different hair products from all price ranges that did nothing for my hair, so I'm happy to find something that works. I have baby fine, wavy/curly hair, so it's pretty needy. Anything too light and my hair frizzes and won't style, anything too heavy and my hair goes flat and dull. This product is a good middle ground. It enhances my curls without weighing them down. Smells nice too!

on 5/1/2005 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Best gel ever! every guy should own! Wet it and it reactivates for continuous hold!

on 2/1/2005 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this after reading all the reviews thinking it was going to work great on my very thick curly 3b-c hair, but unfortunately it did not give enough hold at all, and I ended up with poof and frizz. It didn't hold my curl at all and did not spread as easily as my other PM gel. I think the SSSG will work better for fine curly hair. For my thick hair, I need more hold and better curl definition. I prefer to stick with my PM Super Clean Sculpting Firm Gel w/ BTZ Noodlehead. I like that combo much better.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really dislike this product. It doesn't seem to work well on my very fine hair, air or blow, dried. Leaves my hair feeling sticky and lying very flat. Too bad I bought a large bottle of it - Dh doesn't like it either. Definitely will not repurchase. Can't even think of anyone to give it to.

on 10/15/2004 10:52:00 AM

This is an awesome product that I used to use when I wore my naturally curly hair, well, curly, LOL. I gave it up when I started straightening my hair daily over 10 years ago and I forgot all about PMSS. I read a post by Sherryl that this stuff is great mixed with Super Skinny serum for straigtening hair. Lo and behold, I bought a bottle, tried the 2 together, and I got straight, bouncy hair full of shine and moisture and zero frizz. I ended up buying a LITER of this stuff from sleekhair.com for $15.99. So versatile - this is a must if you wear your hair curly or straight.

on 9/10/2004 1:39:00 PM

Great product for blow-drying curly hair straight. Have not tried it for air-drying (I never air dry, my hair is way too frizzy).

Popular Styling Products