October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i have wavy hair that needs some definition...unfortunately, it didnt do jack for my hair.. made my hair funny looking and not the sexy beachy waves that i wanted.....its not sticky and doesnt weigh hair down at least....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by monicapanik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad the hair board recommended this it's my HG. I have naturally curly fairly thick long hair. I just shampoo, condition (L'oreal Feria or dry defense) then I put about a dime size drop in my hands rubb it through my hands and through my hair concentrating on the ends and just dabbing a touch on the top. If I diffuse dry I get wonderful bouncy curls with no frizz. If you overuse you will get some crunch but it still looks lovely. This works better than the OUIDAD styling glaze and is much cheaper and easier to find. Currently this is my daily staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by 1suelynn

I have been using this off and on for a number of years, when I don't want to blow dry my hair straight. My friend turned me on to using this in combination with Sebastian molding mud (I know, seems weird), in order to encourage the curls to spiral in my wavy/curly/frizzy/fine, but lots of it, bra strap length hair. First I make sure my hair is well conditioned and soaking wet, then comb through w/ fine tooth comb. I apply quarter sized amount to hair, then comb it through again, and then scrunch in the molding mud, probably about the same amount as the gel, but you have to be careful because it can make your hair crunchy if you get too crazy w/ it. Then I blow dry on warm setting/low speed w/ a diffuser, and voila! Awesome Carrie Bradshaw hair has overtaken my limp mass o' fuzz. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2005 9:35:00 PM More reviews by zlisaz1

Thank you MUA! I have had some bad recommendations with styling products on this site-but ULTA always returns when you are not satisfied and have receipt! After searching and searching for the right gel for my wavy, medium bodied hair-I finally found it. This stuff works great. It doesnt work in 100% humidity but nothing will really. It does a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 10:56:00 PM More reviews by AstraLeia

I love this stuff! I have tried so many different hair products from all price ranges that did nothing for my hair, so I'm happy to find something that works. I have baby fine, wavy/curly hair, so it's pretty needy. Anything too light and my hair frizzes and won't style, anything too heavy and my hair goes flat and dull. This product is a good middle ground. It enhances my curls without weighing them down. Smells nice too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 11:55:00 PM More reviews by RobynA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best gel ever! every guy should own! Wet it and it reactivates for continuous hold!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this after reading all the reviews thinking it was going to work great on my very thick curly 3b-c hair, but unfortunately it did not give enough hold at all, and I ended up with poof and frizz. It didn't hold my curl at all and did not spread as easily as my other PM gel. I think the SSSG will work better for fine curly hair. For my thick hair, I need more hold and better curl definition. I prefer to stick with my PM Super Clean Sculpting Firm Gel w/ BTZ Noodlehead. I like that combo much better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 4:34:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this product. It doesn't seem to work well on my very fine hair, air or blow, dried. Leaves my hair feeling sticky and lying very flat. Too bad I bought a large bottle of it - Dh doesn't like it either. Definitely will not repurchase. Can't even think of anyone to give it to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2004 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

This is an awesome product that I used to use when I wore my naturally curly hair, well, curly, LOL. I gave it up when I started straightening my hair daily over 10 years ago and I forgot all about PMSS. I read a post by Sherryl that this stuff is great mixed with Super Skinny serum for straigtening hair. Lo and behold, I bought a bottle, tried the 2 together, and I got straight, bouncy hair full of shine and moisture and zero frizz. I ended up buying a LITER of this stuff from sleekhair.com for $15.99. So versatile - this is a must if you wear your hair curly or straight.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2004 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kathrine

Great product for blow-drying curly hair straight. Have not tried it for air-drying (I never air dry, my hair is way too frizzy).