Bumble & Bumble Seaweed Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sorbitol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sea Salt, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Seaweed) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Hydrolyzed Algae Extract, Ascorbic Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Glycerin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Bisulfite, Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Green 3 (CI 42053), Limonene, Fragrance .

on 4/21/2008 7:57:00 AM

I have tried the Gentle Shampo and found it severly lacking for my combi hair, so have now tried a sample of the Seaweed Shampoo.
This seems to be alot better. My 3 lippies may not seem great, but I'm very frugal with lippies generally, and especially for hair products, as I find so many fall so far below my expectations and practically none can be given a 4 or 5 star rating - so '3' is actually quite good from me! :)

This is a much better shampoo if you are inclined toward an oily scalp, and didn't leave my hair frizzy and unmanagelable in the way that the Gentle Shampoo did. It is however quite drying for damaged ends - so you do need to increase the level of moisturisation on midlengths etc.

I'm still hunting for a perfect shampoo..but I may well purchase the full size of this. It would be quite a good staple for every day use when it doesn't matter quite so much how perfect the coiffure is! But it may not be a 'high days and holidays' sort of product! If I ever find that I'll certainly report back here ;)

on 2/15/2008 9:24:00 AM

4 out of 5 because although my fine curly hair really likes this, I need more moisture and prefer the fine/medium Curl Conscious shampoo. I shampoo every other day and use this one about once a week, just for a change really. I like the smell and texture and it has exactly the right amount of satisfying frothiness. It doesn't dry my hair at all but doesn't boost moisture either, has a kinda neutral effect I guess. The only reason for using it is because I am a product junkie and need some variety so can't use the CC stuff every time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am on my second bottle of this and I like it a lot. It smells nice but doesn't have any lingering scent, which I like. Works well on my colored, fine, slightly oily hair. Probably wouldn't work well with dry hair. My own hair, when highlighted, would probably need a little more moisture. I like it a lot though, and will repurchase.

on 10/4/2007 10:31:00 AM

I have chin-length, virgin, straight hair and it tends to get a little oily at the roots. This works pretty decently compared to everything else I have tried. It doesn't dry my hair out completely, but sometimes I feel it doesn't completely cleanse my roots and I have to do a second lather.

on 8/7/2007 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this shampoo, mostly because I like the smell and it doesn't make my scalp itch. My hair feels clean and not stripped. Is it remarkable for the price? No.

on 3/18/2007 1:40:00 AM

This is a decent shampoo in that it gets the job done. My hair is clean afterward, it does not smell great, and it's not particularly shine or great feeling. This shampoo definitely is gentle on the hair and gentle enough for color treated hair, but I was generally not too impressed especially for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recieved free sample packets of this seaweed shampoo, lathers greatly, but it didnt make my hair feel soft and manageable after, i love the gentle shampoo and the gentle conditioners, and the alojoba shampoo and the conditioner, I WONT be buying this seaweed shampoo and the conditioner, it didnt do well for my Non chemically treated often blow dryed long straight hair, my hair had tangles, dry in feel, not for me.

on 3/7/2007 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I switch shampoos regularly, partly because I get bored and partly to give my hair a change. I have always liked this shampoo though I hate the salon in NY City for its condescending attitude. Seaweed shampoo is gentle, good for suds and smells just great. Is it remarkable? Absolutely not. And it's high priced for something that's not especially great. But for an easy, everyday type product, it does the job well.

on 1/19/2007 4:31:00 PM

It's a nice everyday shampoo that doesn't dry out or affect my blonde color. It lathers well (which I know is supposed to be stripping, but I love the feeling of big suds) and smells OK. But after I finish this tube I'll be moving on to something richer because it doesn't do the greatest job at making my hair feel soft.
$19 for 8 oz at drugstore.com and salons where B&B is sold. continued >>

on 1/16/2007 11:44:00 AM

I bought small trial size bottles of the Seaweed Shampoo and Conditioner from my salon and what a mistake that was. My stylist did not recommend them, but they looked so cute. I had never seen the tiny bottles, and at a little over three bucks each, I figured I could'nt go wrong. The seaweed shampoo dried my hair out. I won't be using it again.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products