December 18, 2014 | 1387 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by BriChz

My dermatologist recommended that I use this mask in conjunction with the Differin cream she prescribed for my acne and I'm so glad she did - it's wonderful! The Differin has done a beautiful job of clearing up my skin, but it makes it dull and dry. This is perfect for exfoliating my blah skin, making it noticeably softer and smoother. The mask doesn't dry out my skin as some of the other reviews caution - it has quite the opposite effect by sloughing off the top layer of dead skin. It also seems to soothe any pimples I might have and make them heal faster than if I hadn't applied the mask.
I would definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a clarifying mask!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very nice clarifying mask that contains 5% AHA and bentonite clay. I use a BHA treatment first ( Neotrogena's salicylic acne peel) and then apply a thin layer of this. Comes in a heavy frosted glass container. I purchased this as part of a 4 piece acne kit. Contains parabens. Update: This does not work any better than Queen Helene, DDF, Desert Essence, Avon, Clinique Emergency or Aubrey Clay masks I have used. If you have really oily skin try Glytone Sulfur Clay mask.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by nemisuscat

I was never going to purchase this mask when it was recommended to me because i was using another clay mask that i liked in conjunction with a glycolic acid mask - but i decided to give it a go. This mask is excellent. The people at skinceuticals website actually recommended to place the Blemish Control Gel on and wait for it to dry and then place the Clay Mask on top. I leave it on for around 25-30 minutes. After washing it off, I could already start to see my skin looking less congested! I hope it wasnt just my imagination. The next day my blackheads look less noticable and I did not break out from using it. Would highly recommend this. It was not drying and left the skin feeling matte and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Chaw

This is my HG mask. I have not had luck with other Skinceutical products (have had major acne breakouts), but this product is perfect. It clears my pores and leaves my skin smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received sample tubes of this product and it took me about 6 months to use them up. So, you get a very generous amount for testing purposes. I do love this stuff...it is a light olive-minty green color with no offensive odor. It has a creamy semi-thick texture, which applies smoothly and readily. It dries to an even lighter minty green color and, when dry, rinses off fairly easy. The skin is left with a smooth, even, clear look to it and is really quite soft to the touch. At first, I thought I might never bother with this stuff again after using up the samples; however, since you need so very little of it and that it performs in such a gentle yet highly effective manner, I decided to invest in the full-size product. It comes in a frosted jar but, unfortunately, with no spatula (I use my own). I actually bought this as part of an acne-kit from an online spa for 20% off the entire sale. The other items in the kit are as effective as this product. I do love this line of skincare products...high quality, strong science behind the manufacturing, and extremely effective...the results on my skin are remarkable!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Luckily I got a sample of this and did not purchase the full size. I have had good luck with other Skinceuticals products but this broke me out -- badly. I have never used a product with glycolic acid in it before, so maybe that is the culprit. From what I read in various reviews, G.A. may cause some people's skin to "purge." That may be the case for me. I'm definitely not going to keep on using it to see if it gets better, though, because we're talking huge red welts on my otherwise pale cheeks so that I look rather diseased:-(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by carinasfashion

So far the best clay mask I've tried. it does sting when you put it on(due to AHAs in it)and leaves your skin slightly dry, but the results are great, wouldn't see my pores with a magnifier and trust me, my pores are big. I am not convinced in it's high price tag though $33, I will try Burt's Bees Clay Mask to compare and update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by clevereuphemism

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm always looking for a good clay mask to suck out my pores. I've got tons of blackheads that need continual clearing out. I like this one because it does the job without drying and leaves the skin soft, smooth and clear. It doesn't dry into a crust on your face and has a slightly different (smooth) texture than some clay masks, probably because it has a bunch of antioxidants in it. But I feel like the antioxidants help to exfoliate my skin and leave it nice and glowy when I rinse it off. I should add that these effects are best when you leave it on for over 20 minutes. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by pilarakemi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this mask! Clay and AHA's mixed in together.....great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 12:40:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

I was looking for a clay mask to suck the oil out of my pores, and when I found this was boosted with 5% glycolic acid concentration, I knew I had found my holy grail. This stuff is great -- both for instant gratification and longterm effects.
$33 for a small frosted-glass jar (2 oz.). continued >>