MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 1/22/2012 11:21:00 PM

Great eyebrow shadow for the summer time, a little too dark for the winter time. Color is beautiful . For reference i'm a Matchmaster in 2.0 & Prolongwear NC25-30

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Basic medium dark brown that is matte. I use it to fill my eyebrows with MAC's 266 angled brush. You can apply it wet for more intensity as an eyeliner and it also looks sexy allover the lid and smoked out lightly.

on 1/11/2012 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Espresso is one of the worst eye shadows I have have ever bought, not just for MAC. I can't even get it to pick up on my brush, and what I can pick up won't even swatch. The color in pan is beautiful, but doesn't show, let alone translate. I really don't get so many positive reviews, unless I really did get a dud. So disappointed!!!

on 1/11/2012 10:26:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeshadow but I dont use it as an eyeshadow, I use it for drawing on my eyebrows. The color is perfect (so much better then using a brow pencil). One shadow lasts a long time for brow use. I hope they never discontinue this color...been using it for years now.

on 12/30/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a great darker brown from Mac! I love to create an outer V with this and deepen any look. Sometimes Ill drag this along for lower lash eyeliner. This is just such a perfect matte brown for defining and deepening eye looks. This is a daily staple and I have it in my 4-pro quad. Will repurchase forever!

on 12/21/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am NC 40 Asian Skin. I have to review this..of course a very positive one. I have bought this shadow after reading reviews here. I love it and it becomes the one I use almost everyday.

It can be paired with every color I have tried. I apply a light color all over my lids and Espresso over the crease and blend it in thoroughly.And also as low lash line color which is not too fierce looking. It can also be used as outer V color with more intensity.

Even when I pair it with the most unflattering colors ( that I have got in a palette ), it turns out well and my dark brown eyes pop. With Espresso, I will never have problem in paring eyeshadow. This is the most beautiful brown I have ever had. On my lazy days, I just apply it all over my lid and good to go.
I will repurchase again and again..just hope that they will not discontinue.

on 11/28/2011 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love polished eyebrows and use Espresso to fill mine. It's the perfect shade, looks natural, and lasts all day. It's also great as a natural liner and allover the lid. It's a medium/dark neutral brown.

on 10/30/2011 1:27:00 PM

Great for eyebrows. Very natural and soft. I also use this instead of an eyeliner sometimes for a softer definition around the eyes. I really like this one.

on 10/24/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Perfect matte brown! I use this on my brows also and it looks soo natural! Very blendable. Great for a brown smokey eye!

on 7/14/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use this Espresso to fill in my brows until I got tired of seeing pictures of me looking like I have really light eyebrows or barely. I have black hair so it looked really weird. My eyebrows are a little bit sparse so that's why I filled them in, but it ended up looking worse when I filled it in. Wrong shade for my eyebrowss.

This eye shadow is perfect for a crease color or outer corners for perfect natural look.

I wouldn't recommend this eye shadow if you have black hair and you want to fill in your eyebrows (only if you have black eyebrow hairs). But just as a normal eye shadow to use on your eyes, I would totally recommend it.

Top Rated MAC Products