September 30, 2014 | 2018 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Espresso

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by clee50841

I LOVE this eyeshadow but I dont use it as an eyeshadow, I use it for drawing on my eyebrows. The color is perfect (so much better then using a brow pencil). One shadow lasts a long time for brow use. I hope they never discontinue this color...been using it for years now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sunkissed88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a great darker brown from Mac! I love to create an outer V with this and deepen any look. Sometimes Ill drag this along for lower lash eyeliner. This is just such a perfect matte brown for defining and deepening eye looks. This is a daily staple and I have it in my 4-pro quad. Will repurchase forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by myathetwai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am NC 40 Asian Skin. I have to review this..of course a very positive one. I have bought this shadow after reading reviews here. I love it and it becomes the one I use almost everyday.

It can be paired with every color I have tried. I apply a light color all over my lids and Espresso over the crease and blend it in thoroughly.And also as low lash line color which is not too fierce looking. It can also be used as outer V color with more intensity.

Even when I pair it with the most unflattering colors ( that I have got in a palette ), it turns out well and my dark brown eyes pop. With Espresso, I will never have problem in paring eyeshadow. This is the most beautiful brown I have ever had. On my lazy days, I just apply it all over my lid and good to go.
I will repurchase again and again..just hope that they will not discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MermaidTears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love polished eyebrows and use Espresso to fill mine. It's the perfect shade, looks natural, and lasts all day. It's also great as a natural liner and allover the lid. It's a medium/dark neutral brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for eyebrows. Very natural and soft. I also use this instead of an eyeliner sometimes for a softer definition around the eyes. I really like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect matte brown! I use this on my brows also and it looks soo natural! Very blendable. Great for a brown smokey eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

I used to use this Espresso to fill in my brows until I got tired of seeing pictures of me looking like I have really light eyebrows or barely. I have black hair so it looked really weird. My eyebrows are a little bit sparse so that's why I filled them in, but it ended up looking worse when I filled it in. Wrong shade for my eyebrowss.

This eye shadow is perfect for a crease color or outer corners for perfect natural look.

I wouldn't recommend this eye shadow if you have black hair and you want to fill in your eyebrows (only if you have black eyebrow hairs). But just as a normal eye shadow to use on your eyes, I would totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by depczydo

This is my go-to shade for filling in my brows. I've over plucked in the past so of course my brow growth isn't very even, but this is amazing for making it look like I have perfect brows. I recommend this shade to anyone with dark brown eyebrows...you won't regret it! Like others have said, it's a good crease color and also good for pulling off a daytime smokey look. Very natural looking and flattering. (I'm NC35 for reference)

ADD: The amount in the pot is very generous considering I use it every time I apply makeup and I've had this pot for about a year and a half (or longer...it's been a while!) and I don't expect to repurchase until the holiday season at the earliest. A little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Espresso! One of the best eyeshadows I have ever bought! I am an NC42/44 and it looks great when I use it for neutral looks or even smokey looks with a little bit of black added on top. I used to have cork and it doesn't really show up well on my skin (thanks to the Sales assistant that recommended it to me). This eyeshadow blends well and I use for other things like filling in my eyebrows when I've ran out of my eyebrow pencil. Will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I use Espresso mainly to fill in my brows (works well - I have very dark brows) but I also occasionally use as a crease colour too. It is ever so slightly red but barely noticeable. It can be a little difficult to blend but with a bit of patience can work very well.