October 31, 2014 | 1207 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by starling21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this body wash. It is my favorite. Perfume isn't allowed at my workplace, but I use this body wash when I shower. When I am at work, people often comment on how nice and clean I always smell (I find this an odd complement, so I just shrug my shoulders and say "I shower.") Unlike a lot of body washes, this scent stays with you. Amazing Grace has a nice, light, floral scent. I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by moppie2005

I got this as part of a set and it smells so lovely, not perfumy, but a very clean soapy smell. LOVE IT. I have only tried it as a body wash and while I find it a tad drying, I still like to use it every now and then just to enjoy the smell. For moisturizing properties of a body wash, my fave is still Dove Sensitive skin hands down.

I think it's super overpriced for a body wash, but if it's ever on sale for a reasonable price, I would probably rebuy as an indulgence after a stressful day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great shower gel/body wash. It is not drying or overly moisturizing. It lathers enough (not too much). I feel good when I am using it. And, I am able to get a close shave on my legs. I really like the fragrance layering sets because the scents are soft. I have used the Inner Grace and the Amazing Grace. To my nose, the Amazing Grace has a soft floral scent to it. Very nice, not overpowering. I am ordering a whole kit. Trying this and inner grace makes me want to try Pure Grace and Baby Grace. Especially since Philosphy is having a 20% off right now on their website.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample (30 day supply) of this shower gel/shampoo. As a shampoo, I love it, It left my hair manageable, shiny and soft. My hair smelled fresh and clean, such a lovely scent to the hair. As a showergel, it works great, lathered up fast and suds were very bubbly. It rinsed off well, and my skin stayed soft I didnt even need lotion afterwards. I have not tried the real EDT or EDP, but I love the scent of this amazing grace showergel/shampoo product. reminds me of Victoria Secret's Heavenly or Divine with a bit of more vanilla in it. Very lovely scent. (however, cannot purchase this as a shampoo, I use nioxin which helps with thinning hair, and even though this smelled good, I dont think it would help with volume, so my HG is still nioxin. I'm keeping this rating at 5 because its not philophy's fault).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by amazingrace82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell. It's hard to describe the smell but it's very feminine and soft. I know there's the 32? ounce size but I wouldn't buy more than a 16 oz size since the smell does tend to fade when I reach the bottom of the bottle. It makes my hair soft and fluffy, and my skin smells good and is soft. I love this product, it's a keeper for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

I do LOVE the smell of this but I wouldn't buy this again for a few reasons.
1) Paying over $20 for soap! It's soap!
2) It's OK as a shampoo but not the best.
3) The bottle is hard and you can't squeeze every last drop out.
4) It didn't agree w/ certain parts of my body-nuff said.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by melbay

Pricey for shower gel, but I love th scent and it makes my AG cologe "go further". Love the way it makes the bathroom smell. And I get lots of of compliments on how good I smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bella4462

Pros: Smells great. Skin feels clean and soft. Works well as a shampoo.
Con: Too pricey for a soap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by xel_ha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a shampoo-- Yes, it is very sudsy and my hair felt clean but it also made my hair dry & tangled up.I won't use this again as a shampoo.

As a Bath & Shower gel--It is again very sudsy & moisturizing. But, it is also comparable to other shower gels that I've used, so nothing special here for me.

As for the scent, I find it to be floral & musky but lasted only as I rinse. I'm not a fan of the scent. I prefer Pure Grace. I got this at the Nordstrom Anniv.Sale for $50 together with the lotion--each at 32 oz.
Overall, it is just an ok shower gel for me. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it is just my bottle since everyone seems to love the smell but I actually really hate it. It's really musky to me but maybe that's the smell it was going for? I bought this about 3 yrs ago and I really hated it. I stopped using it because the smell made me sick. I know most people like to use this as a body wash and not really for the hair and I didn't use it for my hair 3 yrs either but recently the ladys at sephora gave me a sample of a different 3 in1 sephora shampoo/shower gel and I used it on my hair and to my surprise it made my hair really shiny. ^_^lll so I took my amazing grace bottle and tried it on my hair the next time I showered and my hair was really shiny again. So I think I actually prefer this as a shampoo then the body wash. ^_^ Still hate the smell but it doesn't bother me as much anymore, or maybe I am used to the smell now. I don't use it everyday though.